Singapore Expats Forum

Portable wardrobe?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon, 29 Jun 2009

Portable wardrobe?

Postby macaroonie » Sun, 29 Jul 2012 9:07 pm

Does anyone know where i can get a portable wardrobe from? Something that doesn't really need any assembling (no nails etc) but can also be folded and packed. I have looked at IKEA but there is nothing that has a place to hang clothes.

Many thanks!!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Sun, 29 Jul 2012 9:16 pm

Giant and Carrefour should have them.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9287
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Portable wardrobe?

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 4:47 pm

macaroonie wrote:Does anyone know where i can get a portable wardrobe from? Something that doesn't really need any assembling (no nails etc) but can also be folded and packed. I have looked at IKEA but there is nothing that has a place to hang clothes.

Many thanks!!


The neighbourhood hardware stores have the little canvas covered wardrobes, - basically a self-assembling piece that goes into a box when not needed

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/103 ... image.html

or

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/31821 ... drobe.html

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 4:48 pm

I just realized it--Mustafa. They sell everything over there. And it's near your place!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9287
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 4:55 pm

nakatago wrote:I just realized it--Mustafa. They sell everything over there. And it's near your place!


Yep, look for the

PS: Mustafa is near my place too :D :D

Look for something like this !!!!!!!!!

4th floor ..

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/59574 ... image.html

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 4:58 pm

ecureilx wrote:
nakatago wrote:I just realized it--Mustafa. They sell everything over there. And it's near your place!


Yep, look for the

PS: Mustafa is near my place too :D :D

Look for something like this !!!!!!!!!

4th floor ..

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/59574 ... image.html


I used to own one of those. My problem with them is the tacky/garish designs and colors if you buy them retail. Carrefour's just a plain blue color canvass (not sure if it comes in colors or patterns that you can see with Google Earth or from the ISS).

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34270
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 5:00 pm

I used to own 8 of them. 4 in each bedroom that was being rented out! One for each bed! :cool: Course that was 20 years ago!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9287
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 5:11 pm

nakatago wrote:I used to own one of those. My problem with them is the tacky/garish designs and colors if you buy them retail. Carrefour's just a plain blue color canvass (not sure if it comes in colors or patterns that you can see with Google Earth or from the ISS).


Still better than the Ikea's versions, which are plain white - and are super clingy when it comes to getting dust stuck on 'em :)





Well, isn't Google Earth Realtime ? I should put one outside the house and see in the Web ...

macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon, 29 Jun 2009

Postby macaroonie » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 8:10 pm

Thank you everyone! this has been so helpful!!!!

macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon, 29 Jun 2009

Postby macaroonie » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:44 pm

What keeps this portable wardrobe upright? does it need support from external beams or is it an independent wardrobe, stand alone?

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:59 pm

macaroonie wrote:What keeps this portable wardrobe upright? does it need support from external beams or is it an independent wardrobe, stand alone?


Most of them have collapsible plastic beams. Imagine erecting a tent. Yeah, that's how it works. Some have castors at the bottom for mobility while the others are just like regular wardrobes.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34270
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:50 pm

They have a metal or plastic frame in which the plastic/vinyl covering is erected on the tubular skeleton. The just slide into each other and can be broken down again for storage in the flat box the normally come in. Usually will have a fibreboard bottom and a single fibreboard shelf at the top.

Image


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests