Singapore Expats

Can i leave singapore without Paying my Bills?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 2:10 pm

If I were in your position I would go to a customer service centre for each of the providers to explain the situation in person (easier than over the phone), then tell them that you really want to pay, but it will have to be a monthly payment. Ask them to provide details of where the monthly bank account transfers need to be made (account number, reference, etc.). If they have already terminated the account, ask them to reinstate it if you cannot pay the lump sum charge at this time.

Aside from this, there are no magic solutions to your dilemma that I can think of.
Be careful what you wish for

iamjan

hi

Post by iamjan » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 2:36 pm

believe me i already did. i go there personally.. but customer cant do anything about it. they keep pushing me to other and still i got same results.
hi

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 2:48 pm

Well in that case I'm basically out of ideas to help you. If the contracts have been cancelled you can't even transfer them to someone else. For any that are not, you could try advertising them on craigslist, harwarezone, etc.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 3:02 pm

Oh you already terminated your contracts? This is worse. I'm sorry but you should have thought carefully before jumping into termination. Now you have to pay those termination charges.

iamjan

hi

Post by iamjan » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 3:09 pm

and like i said. my pass is already cancelled. im only having visit pass but expiring in 3 days :(
hi

iamjan

hi

Post by iamjan » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 3:10 pm

hello, if say i did not termanate it, i think it will be the same because i will need to be out in 3 days. right?
hi

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: hi

Post by the lynx » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 3:19 pm

iamjan wrote:hello, if say i did not termanate it, i think it will be the same because i will need to be out in 3 days. right?
You still have hopes because the contracts are still 'normal', just that under new ownership (if you manage to get a friend to take over for you).

Or under new billing arrangement (should you choose to do it overseas).

iamjan

hi

Post by iamjan » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 5:19 pm

i dont think 3 days left can manage. my pass is cancelled already i only have vist pass
hi

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 5:23 pm

iamjan wrote:i dont think 3 days left can manage. my pass is cancelled already i only have vist pass
And why didn't you work on this part when you had that grace period on SVP? Tsk tsk tsk...

You really need to solve this. Time is ticking. Get hustled!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 5:24 pm

iamjan wrote:i dont think 3 days left can manage. my pass is cancelled already i only have vist pass
Then you better prepare to face the consequences. I normally would let this slide but you your lack of foresight led you into this mess. You cancelled everything knowing there are fees and after that you only ask people how to handle it with your primary option of just running away? You better spend those three days putting your affairs into order then.

And no, no one will pay your fees for you. And no, you can't run away without consequences. They may inform immigration and block you at the airport.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 5:39 pm

One can only hope.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

iamjan

hi

Post by iamjan » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 6:06 pm

m1 cancelled me first they block my calls, even gprs. im saying. they already did it because i have high bills on overseas. im ready to pay it just the montly bills... like i said over and over i did not expect this will happen! this is emergency that i had to leave. i hope you understand. so you mean, they will stop me at the airport? i need to leave because i will be overstayed.
do you think they can ever do it, just about a 200 + 530 penalty of a bill?
hi

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 6:11 pm

iamjan wrote:m1 cancelled me first they block my calls, even gprs. im saying. they already did it because i have high bills on overseas. im ready to pay it just the montly bills... like i said over and over i did not expect this will happen! this is emergency that i had to leave. i hope you understand. so you mean, they will stop me at the airport? i need to leave because i will be overstayed.
do you think they can ever do it, just about a 200 + 530 penalty of a bill?
What's to understand? Either pay your bills, including the penalties, and be an honorable person, or skip the country and be an a$$hole. Your choice. You entered into the contract. Already I know I would never hire you... you lack situational ethics.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 29 Jul 2012 12:01 pm

Well I guess we're unlikely to hear from the OP again, but perhaps this thread will serve as salutary advice for anyone else who may face a similar situation in the future. Or perhaps not...

It never ceases to amaze me how many people live their lives on a financial knife-edge like this and then look for a magic wand when things go wrong. Or they just walk away and expect someone else to pick up the tab.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Tue, 03 Dec 2013 8:41 pm

Hey guys, I have a slight predicament regarding my SHub contract...please bear with me for the story...

I've changed flatmates, and they have a brand new Singtel broadband internet contract which I'd like to have it shared with me.

I found out that my previous SHub contract has expired since Oct, but until now I just let the internet on for me to use.

So today I received a bill from Starhub concerning the past 2 months (whopping $160 if you compare it with a new contract that is $40/month)

Now, I've fulfilled my end of the bargain of 2 year contract for the internet, but I guess I've been enjoying "free" internet for the last 2 months. Should I not pay it and just let SHub to cut off my internet connection (I'd prefer so :twisted:), or do I still have to pay it (which I'm okay with) and go to the CS to get the damn thing terminated?

Thx for your advice guys and gals.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.