Singapore Expats Forum

foreigner : want to get the job here in singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

chantae
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2012

foreigner : want to get the job here in singapore

Postby chantae » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 5:00 pm

Hi. nice to meet you.
Im from korea and now in singapore.
I always have huge interest in working abroad and have 3 years of experiences in big 4.
these last few days, my resume was submited to not only korean companies, but also big 4 in singapore.
i`ve already known two or three native languages as a singaporean are bragging point and could be really competitive edge over the asia.
but, hope you give me a more tailored answer and useful advice for my job application here.

1. from the moment of submitting a resume, how long does it take to get notice for interview table?

2. and wanna know about job market for foreigner as of now.

Many thanks in advance.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34789
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: foreigner : want to get the job here in singapore

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 5:08 pm

chantae wrote:Hi. nice to meet you.
Im from korea and now in singapore.
I always have huge interest in working abroad and have 3 years of experiences in big 4.
these last few days, my resume was submited to not only korean companies, but also big 4 in singapore.
i`ve already known two or three native languages as a singaporean are bragging point and could be really competitive edge over the asia.
but, hope you give me a more tailored answer and useful advice for my job application here.

1. from the moment of submitting a resume, how long does it take to get notice for interview table?

One day to 3 months. Or never. How long is a piece of string?

2. and wanna know about job market for foreigner as of now.

It depends what you are bringing to the negotiating table. If you have a degree in something they desperately need, it's pretty good. If you are just an average bean counter...... Good luck.

Many thanks in advance.

chantae
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 24 Jul 2012

hmm~~

Postby chantae » Wed, 25 Jul 2012 1:41 pm

sound horrible...

i think only presentable experience is making in 20-F report in one of the largest company in korea and native Korean.

do you think it would be better way to contact HR in big 4 directly and in advance?.

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 2:04 am

Excuse my ignorance, but... big 4 what? Burger outlets? Arms dealers? Banks? Tap dancing instructors?
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3457
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Re: hmm~~

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 2:48 am

chantae wrote:sound horrible...

i think only presentable experience is making in 20-F report in one of the largest company in korea and native Korean.

do you think it would be better way to contact HR in big 4 directly and in advance?.


From memory it is not 20-F but F5E and F 18A but only in aeronautical system of air flow process and thermodynamic combustion of hydrogenated sequences :cool:
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 8:51 am

Mi Amigo wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but... big 4 what? Burger outlets? Arms dealers? Banks? Tap dancing instructors?


Deception, War, Famine/Pestilence, Death

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 8:53 am

Mi Amigo wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but... big 4 what? Burger outlets? Arms dealers? Banks? Tap dancing instructors?


Accounting firms. PWC, KPMG, E&Y, Accenture?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 8:57 am

zzm9980 wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but... big 4 what? Burger outlets? Arms dealers? Banks? Tap dancing instructors?


Accounting firms. PWC, KPMG, E&Y, Accenture?


That's what I said!

:twisted:

User avatar
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012
Location: Chocolate Factory

Postby v4jr4 » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:19 am

nakatago wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but... big 4 what? Burger outlets? Arms dealers? Banks? Tap dancing instructors?


Deception, War, Famine/Pestilence, Death


+100 :lol:

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 8:48 pm

Guess we'll never know for sure who the big 4 are. Probably not John, Paul, George and Ringo though.
Be careful what you wish for

Anthony249
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 03 Mar 2012

Postby Anthony249 » Sat, 28 Jul 2012 12:06 am

zzm9980 wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but... big 4 what? Burger outlets? Arms dealers? Banks? Tap dancing instructors?


Accounting firms. PWC, KPMG, E&Y, Deloitte Touche?


Fixed.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sat, 28 Jul 2012 12:55 am

Anthony249 wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but... big 4 what? Burger outlets? Arms dealers? Banks? Tap dancing instructors?


Accounting firms. PWC, KPMG, E&Y, Deloitte Touche?


Fixed.


What does that mean :???:

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Sat, 28 Jul 2012 8:15 am

JR8 wrote:
Anthony249 wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but... big 4 what? Burger outlets? Arms dealers? Banks? Tap dancing instructors?


Accounting firms. PWC, KPMG, E&Y, Deloitte Touche?


Fixed.


What does that mean :???:


He corrected me. I had Accenture, not Deloitte Touche.

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Sun, 29 Jul 2012 12:24 pm

zzm9980 wrote:... not Deloitte Touche.

I prefer the alternative spelling.
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3457
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 3:07 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:Guess we'll never know for sure who the big 4 are. Probably not John, Paul, George and Ringo though.


No-lah, Ah Beng, Ah Loong, Ang Kong and Ah Soh
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests