Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for a marriage of convenience perchance.

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 9:52 pm

sachindeepp Sir, do you have Masters?

sachindeepp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 22 Jul 2012

Postby sachindeepp » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 2:01 am

No

x9200 wrote:sachindeepp Sir, do you have Masters?

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 8:29 am

Oops. No excuse then Sir.

sachindeepp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 22 Jul 2012

Postby sachindeepp » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 9:50 am

What do you want to say sir, please explain

x9200 wrote:Oops. No excuse then Sir.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:31 am

sachindeepp wrote:What do you want to say sir, please explain


Tell us clearly and straight up what you want to do. Some of your questions are phrased in a first person perspective, others refer to "your friend".

Singapore does not like immigrants who try to game the system to their advantage. In your case, you (or your friend), are trying to ascertain shortcuts or loopholes in order to come to Singapore and obtain your PR as fast as possible, while avoiding the required NS. Understand?

And just in case you don't understand the usage of the term "game" as we're using it, here is the specific definition for you to refer to:
verb
2 [ with obj. ] manipulate (a situation), typically in a way that is unfair or unscrupulous: it was very easy for a few big companies to game the system | politicians blamed electricity generators for gaming the market.

sachindeepp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 22 Jul 2012

Postby sachindeepp » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:21 pm

i dont know why you guys are using this term "Game"

Okay my fault was that i asked some questions relating to my friend, but i clearly said that i want to go to Singapore on E Pass or S Pass,

So , i ll not ask the question regarding my Friend,

I just want to know that currently(From July onwards) Singapore is giving E Pass or S Pass to the world including Indians or not.(And ya E Pass or S Pass is totally depends upon a person's Eligibility, that is a different thing)
But i want to know that, currently(From July onwards) Singapore is giving E Pass or S Pass to the world including Indians or not.

zzm9980 wrote:
sachindeepp wrote:What do you want to say sir, please explain


Tell us clearly and straight up what you want to do. Some of your questions are phrased in a first person perspective, others refer to "your friend".

Singapore does not like immigrants who try to game the system to their advantage. In your case, you (or your friend), are trying to ascertain shortcuts or loopholes in order to come to Singapore and obtain your PR as fast as possible, while avoiding the required NS. Understand?

And just in case you don't understand the usage of the term "game" as we're using it, here is the specific definition for you to refer to:
verb
2 [ with obj. ] manipulate (a situation), typically in a way that is unfair or unscrupulous: it was very easy for a few big companies to game the system | politicians blamed electricity generators for gaming the market.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:34 pm

sachindeepp wrote:i dont know why you guys are using this term "Game"

Okay my fault was that i asked some questions relating to my friend, but i clearly said that i want to go to Singapore on E Pass or S Pass,

So , i ll not ask the question regarding my Friend,

I just want to know that currently(From July onwards) Singapore is giving E Pass or S Pass to the world including Indians or not.(And ya E Pass or S Pass is totally depends upon a person's Eligibility, that is a different thing)
But i want to know that, currently(From July onwards) Singapore is giving E Pass or S Pass to the world including Indians or not.

zzm9980 wrote:
sachindeepp wrote:What do you want to say sir, please explain


Tell us clearly and straight up what you want to do. Some of your questions are phrased in a first person perspective, others refer to "your friend".

Singapore does not like immigrants who try to game the system to their advantage. In your case, you (or your friend), are trying to ascertain shortcuts or loopholes in order to come to Singapore and obtain your PR as fast as possible, while avoiding the required NS. Understand?

And just in case you don't understand the usage of the term "game" as we're using it, here is the specific definition for you to refer to:
verb
2 [ with obj. ] manipulate (a situation), typically in a way that is unfair or unscrupulous: it was very easy for a few big companies to game the system | politicians blamed electricity generators for gaming the market.


Yes they are, as long as said Indian meets all other MOM requirements for the pass they are applying for.

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon, 27 Jul 2009

Postby Koalabear » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 1:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sounds like another who want to use The Little Red Dot as a stepping stone. Hard to blame Singaporeans for hating us when you get abusers like this. Hell, I hate 'em as well as they cause us long-stayers to have problems as well.


Blame these people? Why not just blame the govt who decides the policies? They can easily close this loophole by having some draconian law that punishes immigrants who migrate to greener pasture but they choose not to. I doubt the so called "abusers" have violated any law in the process. I feel your hatred is misdirected.

Darthcoder
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2012
Location: Boon Keng

Postby Darthcoder » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 2:03 pm

Holy cow!! This guy has that Parasite mentality even before entering the country. I was surprised that somebody even bothered to answer his questions after looking at the thread topic :x . No wonder SMS and other mods love my countrymen so much :(. Damn I feel bad for idiots like these showing up and discussing loopholes of the system of another country before even moving there to see if they like it here or not and trying to apply in a normal way rather than looking for a shortcut.

Damn :roll:
I am back I am back I am back I am back You know I am back. Everybody stand up!

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 2:07 pm

Darthcoder wrote:Holy cow!! This guy has that Parasite mentality even before entering the country. I was surprised that somebody even bothered to answer his questions after looking at the thread topic :x .

Just to clarify, the thread topic got changed by one of the mods after this discussion was split off from a different thread that our chum had hijacked. But I don't disagree with your overall sentiment.
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 2:48 pm

sachindeepp wrote:if you have any question regarding india i will happy to help you because i am an indian and knows everything about india,


Interesting first words .. :)

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 2:52 pm

Yeah, I was going to ask him for the name of the guy who laid the 10th row of bricks at the Red Fort, as they seemed to be slightly out of alignment.
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 3:01 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:Yeah, I was going to ask him for the name of the guy who laid the 10th row of bricks at the Red Fort, as they seemed to be slightly out of alignment.


I was going to ask the reason why in Chola temples you had to clap your hands before leaving ... :)

well, your question is more interesting ..

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 3:10 pm

Darthcoder wrote:Holy cow!! This guy has that Parasite mentality even before entering the country.


How do you determine he is such person? Are you a qualified fumigator?

Maybe he is still wearing diapers by the way he pose his questions

He knows alot about India . Do you ?

Give this guy a break and let him have his ride
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 3:13 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
Darthcoder wrote:Holy cow!! This guy has that Parasite mentality even before entering the country.


How do you determine he is such person? Are you a qualified fumigator?

Maybe he is still wearing diapers by the way he pose his questions

He knows alot about India . Do you ?

Give this guy a break and let him have his ride


Of all the things you wrote, this takes rocks .. Love it .,.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Strictly Speaking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests