Singapore Expats

Looking for a marriage of convenience perchance.

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
sachindeepp

Looking for a marriage of convenience perchance.

Post by sachindeepp » Sun, 22 Jul 2012 5:54 pm

Hello sir can you help me in knowing some of the questions

Hello sir , my name is Sahin,

I am from india.

i want to go to Singapore as an Employment Pass holder. i want to know the followings.

1. My friend is about to marry a Singapore Citizen, so i want to know that when can he apply for PR of Singapore after marrying with Singapore Citizen, .

2. Will he get the PR of Singapore after marriage, what things the gov of Singapore will look for giving PR if indian marry with Singapore Citizen.

3. After how many months he will get his PR of Singapore.

4.Is it compulsory to JOIN National Services (NS) for 2 years after getting PR after marriage.

5.Is REP is compulsory for a PR holder if he wants to go out of the country for more than 3 months.

6. i have seen in "http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=152"
that REP will be issued for 5 years, so is that means a PR holder who is issued a 5 years REP, can go out of Singapre and come back as many times as he wants?

7. Difference between Pink IC and Blue IC.

8.what is the diffenece between SPR and PR.

9. Is there any duration of PR status , and after that we have to renew the PR again, If yes then after what duration a person has to renew his/her PR status.

10. If a person is having PR of Singapore , for how much duration he can go out of Singapore to visit other countries without effecting his PR status.

11. Can E pass holder apply for PR , if yes then when he can apply for PR , and what are the eligibility of E pass holder for applying PR.

12.Can S pass holder apply for PR , if yes then when he can apply for PR , and what are the eligibility of S pass holder for applying PR.

Thanks
ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:In principal if you already have your PR and Singapore IC card and re-entry permit on your passport, which is valid for 5 years, I don't see why your PR would be taken away from you, as the P stands for Permanent. In 5 years, when you have to re-new the re-entry permit, it might be a different case, but even that should be ok, if you've been working in Singapore, paid your income tax, have money on your CPF, and all the other stuff that shows that you are "contributing to the society".

I know one divorced guy, who got his PR via spouse and had no problem re-newing his re-entry permit, though he was married a bit longer as PR before the divorce, and they actually have a kid.

I admit that don't know for sure, especially as your divorce seems to come pretty soon after getting your PR. If ICA would think that the marriage was fixed just to get PR, they might act differently.

sachindeepp

hello can anybody help me to know the answers of these quest

Post by sachindeepp » Sun, 22 Jul 2012 5:55 pm

hello can anybody help me to know the answers of these questions

Hello sir , my name is Sahin,

I am from india.

i want to go to Singapore as an Employment Pass holder. i want to know the followings.

1. My friend is about to marry a Singapore Citizen, so i want to know that when can he apply for PR of Singapore after marrying with Singapore Citizen, .

2. Will he get the PR of Singapore after marriage, what things the gov of Singapore will look for giving PR if indian marry with Singapore Citizen.

3. After how many months he will get his PR of Singapore.

4.Is it compulsory to JOIN National Services (NS) for 2 years after getting PR after marriage.

5.Is REP is compulsory for a PR holder if he wants to go out of the country for more than 3 months.

6. i have seen in "http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=152"
that REP will be issued for 5 years, so is that means a PR holder who is issued a 5 years REP, can go out of Singapre and come back as many times as he wants?

7. Difference between Pink IC and Blue IC.

8.what is the diffenece between SPR and PR.

9. Is there any duration of PR status , and after that we have to renew the PR again, If yes then after what duration a person has to renew his/her PR status.

10. If a person is having PR of Singapore , for how much duration he can go out of Singapore to visit other countries without effecting his PR status.

11. Can E pass holder apply for PR , if yes then when he can apply for PR , and what are the eligibility of E pass holder for applying PR.

12.Can S pass holder apply for PR , if yes then when he can apply for PR , and what are the eligibility of S pass holder for applying PR.

Thanks

beppi
Manager
Manager

Re: hello can anybody help me to know the answers of these q

Post by beppi » Sun, 22 Jul 2012 6:27 pm

Browsing this and other forums, as well as reading the ICA and MoM webpages will help you. Therefore I reply only in short below (please come back if after reading the above you still have more specific questions).

1. He can apply right away, but it will most likely be rejected. Applying after 2 years of staying in Singapore (on LTVP) gives a better chance of success.

2. They will check if it is a marriage of convenience, and if the applicant has a serious wish to settle in Singapore for the long term and contribute to the local society/economy.

3. Realistically, the earliest is 2.5 years (2 years of living here, plus 6 months processing of the application). But this varies wildly from case to case.

4. Yes, if he is below the age limit.

5. A PR leaving Singapore without REP loses his PR automatically and irrevocably.

6. With REP, a PR can leave and re-enter as many times as he wishes.

7. Pink = Locals (citizens)
Blue = PR

8.None.

9. PR is forever, REP for up to 5 years (see no. 5 above).

10. There is no hard and fast rule, but as long as it's visits and not relocation, it should be fine.

11/12. They can apply after 6 months, but (as in no. 1 above) will be rejected. They have a better chance after three years.

sachindeepp

Post by sachindeepp » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:27 am

Thanks Beppi for replying me ,

i want to know some more things too, some is related to my previous questions and some i have new questions

1/3 ((((((1. My friend is about to marry a Singapore Citizen, so i want to know that when can he apply for PR of Singapore after marrying with Singapore Citizen, .

Your Answer: He can apply right away, but it will most likely be rejected. Applying after 2 years of staying in Singapore (on LTVP) gives a better chance of success. ))))))

My question is that: His consultant said that he can apply for PR after 6 Months of marriage and he will get definitely the PR , Processing Time will be 2 months, so actually he will get PR after 8 Months Of Marriage, is that true.

---------------------

4. ((((4.Is it compulsory to JOIN National Services (NS) for 2 years after getting PR after marriage.

Your Answer is: Yes, if he is below the age limit.)))))

4-Part 1 : he is 29 Years old , so please tell me that Is it compulsory for him to JOIN National Services (NS) for 2 years after getting PR after marriage.

4-Part 2 : and if he will not Join the NS then what will happen.

4-Part 3 : And also tell me how he can exempt himself from NS.

---------------------
New Questions:

13. Is the PR holder will get the red passport too.

14. if i am on Employment Pass or on S Pass in Singapore can i marry a Singapore Citizen girl. I mean Government of Singapore will allow me to marry her or not.

15. i want to go to Canada for 10 days on tourist base.

I see this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/

and there i found a category "Visitor Visa Exemptions" in which its written that citizen of Singapore does not need any visa to visit Canada on tourist base.

So i want to know that is this rule is also same for the PR of Singapore.

16. I am Confused that i should go to Canada on tourist base before applying for Employment Pass or S Pass, or should i go after,

I am confused because i do not know the value of my passport will decrease or increase after getting the work pass of Singapore,

i am thinking this because if i apply for Tourist Visa of Canada after getting Work Pass of Singapore, then the Government of Canada may think that i will not come back to India because i already have a work pass of Singapore on my passport that means This person (Sachin Deep)usually wants to go to other countries to earn money,

so i do not know that Canada will give me Tourist Visa of Canada after getting Work Pass of Singapore.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:36 am

sachindeepp wrote:Thanks Beppi for replying me ,

i want to know some more things too, some is related to my previous questions and some i have new questions

1/3 ((((((1. My friend is about to marry a Singapore Citizen, so i want to know that when can he apply for PR of Singapore after marrying with Singapore Citizen, .

Your Answer: He can apply right away, but it will most likely be rejected. Applying after 2 years of staying in Singapore (on LTVP) gives a better chance of success. ))))))

My question is that: His consultant said that he can apply for PR after 6 Months of marriage and he will get definitely the PR , Processing Time will be 2 months, so actually he will get PR after 8 Months Of Marriage, is that true.

Not true. There is no guarantee on PR approval just because you are married to a citizen. beppi's advice still stands. If you want examples, use the search function above to find threads of foreigners who got PR application (and worse, LTVSP) rejected even after marrying citizens (some with children, some without).

---------------------

4. ((((4.Is it compulsory to JOIN National Services (NS) for 2 years after getting PR after marriage.

4-Part 1 : he is 29 Years old , so please tell me that Is it compulsory for him to JOIN National Services (NS) for 2 years after getting PR after marriage.

---------------------
New Questions:

No you will still hold the passport of your origin country until you convert into Singaporean citizenship.

14. if i am on Employment Pass or on S Pass in Singapore can i marry a Singapore Citizen girl. I mean Government of Singapore will allow me to marry her or not.

You do not need approval. Only exempted WP holders need to ask permission.

and there i found a category "Visitor Visa Exemptions" in which its written that citizen of Singapore does not need any visa to visit Canada on tourist base.

Same answer to number 13. :-/

16. I am Confused that i should go to Canada on tourist base before applying for Employment Pass or S Pass, or should i go after,

I am confused because i do not know the value of my passport will decrease or increase after getting the work pass of Singapore,

i am thinking this because if i apply for Tourist Visa of Canada after getting Work Pass of Singapore, then the Government of Canada may think that i will not come back to India because i already have a work pass of Singapore on my passport that means This person (Sachin Deep)usually wants to go to other countries to earn money,

so i do not know that Canada will give me Tourist Visa of Canada after getting Work Pass of Singapore.

Still same answer. They will look at you as Indian national applying for tourist visa in Canada but residing and working in Singapore. That is all. You are still an Indian national holding an Indian passport.

sachindeepp

Re: hello can anybody help me to know the answers of these q

Post by sachindeepp » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:40 am

Thanks Beppi for replying me ,

---------------------

---------------------
New Questions:

beppi wrote:Browsing this and other forums, as well as reading the ICA and MoM webpages will help you. Therefore I reply only in short below (please come back if after reading the above you still have more specific questions).

1. He can apply right away, but it will most likely be rejected. Applying after 2 years of staying in Singapore (on LTVP) gives a better chance of success.

2. They will check if it is a marriage of convenience, and if the applicant has a serious wish to settle in Singapore for the long term and contribute to the local society/economy.

3. Realistically, the earliest is 2.5 years (2 years of living here, plus 6 months processing of the application). But this varies wildly from case to case.

4. Yes, if he is below the age limit.

5. A PR leaving Singapore without REP loses his PR automatically and irrevocably.

6. With REP, a PR can leave and re-enter as many times as he wishes.

7. Pink = Locals (citizens)
Blue = PR

8.None.

9. PR is forever, REP for up to 5 years (see no. 5 above).

10. There is no hard and fast rule, but as long as it's visits and not relocation, it should be fine.

11/12. They can apply after 6 months, but (as in no. 1 above) will be rejected. They have a better chance after three years.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:42 am

Sounds like another who want to use The Little Red Dot as a stepping stone. Hard to blame Singaporeans for hating us when you get abusers like this. Hell, I hate 'em as well as they cause us long-stayers to have problems as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:42 am

Erm... why are you posting twice? I have answered some of your questions above in green. I will leave the rest of the questions to those who are more experienced in specific parts.

sachindeepp

Post by sachindeepp » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:51 am

Thanks for reply Lynx, i am sorry i was unable to see the post , so i tried two three times to post, i will delete those
the lynx wrote:Erm... why are you posting twice? I have answered some of your questions above in green. I will leave the rest of the questions to those who are more experienced in specific parts.

sachindeepp

Post by sachindeepp » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:53 am

i do not understand what do you mean sir
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sounds like another who want to use The Little Red Dot as a stepping stone. Hard to blame Singaporeans for hating us when you get abusers like this. Hell, I hate 'em as well as they cause us long-stayers to have problems as well.

sachindeepp

Post by sachindeepp » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:58 am

Sir you did not reply my 4th Question

there are three parts of 4th question Please reply all three parts of 4th question
the lynx wrote:
sachindeepp wrote:Thanks Beppi for replying me ,

Not true. There is no guarantee on PR approval just because you are married to a citizen. beppi's advice still stands. If you want examples, use the search function above to find threads of foreigners who got PR application (and worse, LTVSP) rejected even after marrying citizens (some with children, some without).

---------------------

---------------------
New Questions:

No you will still hold the passport of your origin country until you convert into Singaporean citizenship.

You do not need approval. Only exempted WP holders need to ask permission.

Same answer to number 13. :-/

Still same answer. They will look at you as Indian national applying for tourist visa in Canada but residing and working in Singapore. That is all. You are still an Indian national holding an Indian passport.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:09 pm

sachindeepp wrote:Sir you did not reply my 4th Question

there are three parts of 4th question Please reply all three parts of 4th question
That is because I ALREADY said that there are some questions I am not familiar with so I have to let other people who are more experienced to answer.
the lynx wrote:Erm... why are you posting twice? I have answered some of your questions above in green. I will leave the rest of the questions to those who are more experienced in specific parts.
And I'm starting to dislike you, sir, because of the way you demanded on how I should answer your questions - even though I have already mentioned previously that I'm not familiar with the same questions and I'm leaving those to others who are more experienced than I am.

A little phrase like "I'm sorry but you seemed to have missed my 4th question," would have convinced me to overlook your oversight to my previous post and probably asked others on your behalf.

There you go. Nice try.
Last edited by the lynx on Mon, 23 Jul 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:19 pm

sachindeepp wrote:i do not understand what do you mean sir
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sounds like another who want to use The Little Red Dot as a stepping stone. Hard to blame Singaporeans for hating us when you get abusers like this. Hell, I hate 'em as well as they cause us long-stayers to have problems as well.
He means that based on the questions you're asking, you (or your "friend") fit the profile of abusers of Singapore's immigration policies.

Despite what your "consultant" tells you, here is what is likely to happen:

You're going to marry the Singaporean. You'll get an LTVP for about 1 year. This will let you live here, but not work here. If you want a job, you'll need to apply and qualify on your own.

After three years and/or a child, you'll qualify for an LTVP+. You're still not a PR, but with an LTVP+ you can ask for a LoC for employment.

Say two years after that, if you have gainful employment, try applying for PR. Want to accelerate the timeline? If you and your spouse make a combined $12k+/month, or you obtain a job that qualifies for an EP P1, then you can try applying once you have three tax assessments at that salary. Oh, and hopefully your wife is Singaporean Chinese, not Indian.

This isn't published, it isn't law, but it is my assessment of the current situation based on hundreds of posts in the past year or so here. Take it, leave it, or go pay your "consultant" more money to tell you what you want to hear.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:22 pm

the lynx wrote:
And I'm starting to dislike you, sir,
And see here I am starting to like the guy. He is either extremely clueless and misguided, and about to get his hopes and dreams crushed by the combined weight of gahmen policy and ICA, or he's a very entertaining troll. Either way, well played. =D>

sensei_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sensei_ » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 3:35 pm

the lynx wrote: And I'm starting to dislike you, sir, because of the way you demanded on how I should answer your questions - even though I have already mentioned previously that I'm not familiar with the same questions and I'm leaving those to others who are more experienced than I am.

A little phrase like "I'm sorry but you seemed to missed my 4th question," would convinced me to overlook your oversight to my previous post and probably asked others on your behalf.

There you go. Nice try.
Some people seem to think that the forum is a free legal aid service. Where all questions must be answered accurately, and in full. Free of charge :roll: :roll: