Singapore Expats

medical exam for E pass/1P

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Norge

medical exam for E pass/1P

Post by Norge » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 9:37 pm

Can somebody please shed some light on the medcial exams for the Epass/1p work visa :) Is it best to get the medical in my home country Norway or in Singapore?? AlSO what does the medical intail? TIA

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: medical exam for E pass/1P

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:10 pm

Norge wrote:Can somebody please shed some light on the medcial exams for the Epass/1p work visa :) Is it best to get the medical in my home country Norway or in Singapore?? AlSO what does the medical intail? TIA
Whether or not you need to go through a medical test will be mentioned in the approval letter (along with the list of tests). You can get the medical tests done in your own country through an established clinic/hospital or you can get it done when you arrive in Singapore.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 1:19 am

If you need one I expect it would be a lot less expensive in SG than Norway. Even more so if you do it a little away from the 'Orchard/Raffles' hub.

p.s. The medical I had for an LTVP cost me something like S$70, incl, x-ray, blood tests and report.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 8:46 am

JR8 wrote:If you need one I expect it would be a lot less expensive in SG than Norway. Even more so if you do it a little away from the 'Orchard/Raffles' hub.

p.s. The medical I had for an LTVP cost me something like S$70, incl, x-ray, blood tests and report.
Agree. Except that I got it even cheaper. Around $50 and I did it in one of the authorised clinics in Jurong Point shopping mall.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:21 am

What's the criteria as to whether you need one or not? Random selection? I didn't need one, nor did my wife or daughter.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:29 am

It may not be mentioned anywhere but it always depends on your country of origin or the country you have been residing at least 6 months before your move to Singapore (not sure which one precedes the other).

Countries that are will be placed under "die die must check" list is all SE Asian countries, subcontinent, Africa, Middle East, China etc. Not sure about Korea, Japan though.

As for Western countries, I'm not quite sure.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:26 am

the lynx wrote:It may not be mentioned anywhere but it always depends on your country of origin or the country you have been residing at least 6 months before your move to Singapore (not sure which one precedes the other).

Countries that are will be placed under "die die must check" list is all SE Asian countries, subcontinent, Africa, Middle East, China etc. Not sure about Korea, Japan though.

As for Western countries, I'm not quite sure.
My daughter was only three months old and had never left Vietnam before she came here. MOM must have missed that :)