Singapore Expats Forum

changi airport t1 opened

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ryce
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 25 Feb 2008

changi airport t1 opened

Postby ryce » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:38 am

anyone been to changi airport t1 yet? looks great, will probably be heading down with my family this weekend to have a look http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/ ... terminal-1

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 8:47 am

Only in Singapore that we treat airports like shopping malls, revision hub and entertainment stop.

:lol:

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 8:48 am

I never understood the local fascination with going to the airport as just a destination.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 8:50 am

Changi is not an airport; it's a shopping mall with runways and immigration counters.

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 8:53 am

Have you seen Ikea at Tampines at the weekend?? That is also a family day out!

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 9:01 am

Saint wrote:Have you seen Ikea at Tampines at the weekend?? That is also a family day out!


Well IKEA has always wanted furniture shopping to be family experience... :lol:

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1850
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011
Location: The Mainland....

Postby nutnut » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 9:28 am

Ikea is because of the cheap ice cream, hot dogs and childcare! The airport is pretty cool though right?
nutnut

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Re: changi airport t1 opened

Postby JayCee » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:03 am

ryce wrote:anyone been to changi airport t1 yet? looks great, will probably be heading down with my family this weekend to have a look http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/ ... terminal-1


I'm taking my family and friends to the new bus interchange at Clementi this weekend, do you want to join us?
I HAVE MASTERS!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: changi airport t1 opened

Postby nakatago » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:40 am

JayCee wrote:
ryce wrote:anyone been to changi airport t1 yet? looks great, will probably be heading down with my family this weekend to have a look http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/ ... terminal-1


I'm taking my family and friends to the new bus interchange at Clementi this weekend, do you want to join us?


And I haven't been to the Serangoon bus interchange yet! :shock:

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1850
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011
Location: The Mainland....

Re: changi airport t1 opened

Postby nutnut » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:09 am

nakatago wrote:
JayCee wrote:
ryce wrote:anyone been to changi airport t1 yet? looks great, will probably be heading down with my family this weekend to have a look http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/ ... terminal-1


I'm taking my family and friends to the new bus interchange at Clementi this weekend, do you want to join us?


And I haven't been to the Serangoon bus interchange yet! :shock:


I took my Dad and Son there when they visited earlier this year, it's a great day out, thoroughly recommend it Nak!
nutnut

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: changi airport t1 opened

Postby nakatago » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:37 am

nutnut wrote:
nakatago wrote:
JayCee wrote:
ryce wrote:anyone been to changi airport t1 yet? looks great, will probably be heading down with my family this weekend to have a look http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/ ... terminal-1


I'm taking my family and friends to the new bus interchange at Clementi this weekend, do you want to join us?


And I haven't been to the Serangoon bus interchange yet! :shock:


I took my Dad and Son there when they visited earlier this year, it's a great day out, thoroughly recommend it Nak!


Ah; I should prep the DSLR and take the girlfriend for a day out!

:roll:

/s

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:43 pm

As the Serangoon Bus Interchange is in the basement of NEX it could be a day out.

ryce
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 25 Feb 2008

Postby ryce » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:59 pm

nakatago wrote:Changi is not an airport; it's a shopping mall with runways and immigration counters.


kinda like my neighbourhood "mall" since i'm staying in the east.

JayCee wrote:
ryce wrote:anyone been to changi airport t1 yet? looks great, will probably be heading down with my family this weekend to have a look http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/ ... terminal-1


I'm taking my family and friends to the new bus interchange at Clementi this weekend, do you want to join us?


yea probably if its interesting enough


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests