Singapore Expats Forum

25/ F/SG Fun, friends n all that jazz

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
lecurly

25/ F/SG Fun, friends n all that jazz

Postby lecurly » Wed, 18 Jul 2012 2:17 pm

Hello hello. I am one of the localites. Woohoo~

I used to organize parties for exchange students for a long time. It was crazy fun. Then I did some travelling myself and experienced all the fun on the road with friends from every corner of the globe.

Settled into the 'real world' now but I have withdrawal symptoms... I miss the magic. So I'm popping in here to meet all the awesome folk and shake things up right here at home. I'm happy with civilized coffee-drinking and world musings, as well as epic partying on the weekends.

Also I've never done much nature exploring out here. I'd like to jump in if there are some outdoor activities like kayaking n such. I'll start slow so u won't laugh and point when u find me curled up in a ball wheezing ten paces behind, but I am keen to start somewhere!

So new kaki (company) needed for a little spice n to give me new googles to see Singapore in a different light. Raise your hands!
Last edited by lecurly on Thu, 19 Jul 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 18 Jul 2012 4:04 pm

Sounds you had a lot of fun! But even though it's the "real world" that doesn't mean you should stop the fun...small parties I'm okay with it. Clubs not so much...

I'm in for what you're planning for outdoors!

Check out my thread if you're interested. We could use another event planner... :D
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

lecurly

Postby lecurly » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 4:41 pm

Hi Akimbo :) Yes, don't stop the fun, that's why I am here!

Cheers, I've checked out your thread and already jumped on the FB group. Rebecca is the name..

Thank you for the invitation but I'm more in the mood to jump in to what's already going, not ready to get back into planning at the moment. Perhaps after a little warm up.. I'll be happy to lend a hand :)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 5:26 pm

Welcome in Curly,

I'm still trying to find one person to buy the Batman tickets in. r you interested? Contact me soon if you are. I'm going to give it to the first person who informs me.

Check your PM box for my phone number
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

kuruvilla4u

Re: 25/ F/SG Fun, friends n all that jazz

Postby kuruvilla4u » Fri, 20 Jul 2012 3:37 pm

lecurly wrote:Hello hello. I am one of the localites. Woohoo~

I used to organize parties for exchange students for a long time. It was crazy fun. Then I did some travelling myself and experienced all the fun on the road with friends from every corner of the globe.

Settled into the 'real world' now but I have withdrawal symptoms... I miss the magic. So I'm popping in here to meet all the awesome folk and shake things up right here at home. I'm happy with civilized coffee-drinking and world musings, as well as epic partying on the weekends.

Also I've never done much nature exploring out here. I'd like to jump in if there are some outdoor activities like kayaking n such. I'll start slow so u won't laugh and point when u find me curled up in a ball wheezing ten paces behind, but I am keen to start somewhere!

So new kaki (company) needed for a little spice n to give me new googles to see Singapore in a different light. Raise your hands!

Knock knock!!!

My name is Abraham and has been here in Singapore for almost 2 yrs.

I would love to join u for out door activities.. Kindly buzz me @ 91717115 if u r planning anything during the weekends!!!!

Looking forward..

cheers...

vpansare

Postby vpansare » Sat, 21 Jul 2012 7:40 pm

@Curly: I'm interested in doing some outdoors stuff as well. YOu know any good places?

Max from Paris

Postby Max from Paris » Sun, 22 Jul 2012 12:50 pm

Hi Curly, hi the other,

I a still a fresh comer in Singapore and I will be happy to meet you Curly for a drink if you wish.
I am French 26, just started working in Singapore few months ago.
I like the activities you described (sports traveling... and I will be happy if there is a match to join/organize things with you).

please contact me if you want: topmaxim@hotmail.com
See ya!

lecurly

Postby lecurly » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:40 am

Hey all. I am receiving messages in my inbox but I can't reply you there yet -- forum rules.

I don't have solid plans yet for what I am doing, esp with the outdoor stuff. This is my attempt to motivate myself, I'm far from an expert. I hope no one has illusions of me being super sporty. I have to burst that bubble big time! Haha. If anyone has tips on kayaking places do share with us! I wanna start with that. N of course dancefloor workouts.

@ Cassandra, girls night out sounds awesome :) I am not one of those capable of showing up to work with a hangover so Wednesday is no good for me unfortunately. I know my way around on a Wednesday night, I do miss them. Haha. Would love to have a big weekend tho!

Hi Max, welcome :) Sounds good, I will be in touch

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:11 pm

Keep me posted for the Kayaking...I'd love to try it some time.

Rock climbing's pretty good...it kinda sucks though that currently in my group I'm still the only person certified for belaying...

levin343

Postby levin343 » Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:34 am

Hi - Always love to join for some hangout time over the weekend. Email me at levin343@gmail.com or pm me here :>

My name is Erwin, 25 years old. Indonesian Chinese.

rakz26

Postby rakz26 » Fri, 03 Aug 2012 9:47 am

interested to join u guys over weekend for Kayaking... :) pls drop me a line at rakiss.17@gmail.com

lecurly

Postby lecurly » Mon, 06 Aug 2012 6:24 pm

I'm still not getting anywhere on the kayaking front. I have made it to Zouk with some of the folks tho. So I'm not a robot - verified. Haha.

Sorry about being slow to get back to the people who have been nice enough to want to grab some drinks. I will tho! I have a birthday coming as well, a big night out is very welcome.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 06 Aug 2012 7:25 pm

hey curly, i still haven't met you yet :p

come down to the events I make in the fb group or make your own! Would love to meet new people and perhaps discover new places...

As for kayaking, the one at East Coast is expensive, is it?

pinkgalie

Postby pinkgalie » Fri, 10 Aug 2012 1:06 pm

Hello,

Im 28f asian expat. I would love to join in your activites. Can you email me pinkgalie@hotmail.com

lecurly

Postby lecurly » Fri, 10 Aug 2012 3:00 pm

Came close to meeting this week Akimbo ;p Glad to hear the party was gd. Anything happening this weekend? I'm in favour of partying!