My application was similar to yours. My wife is working and our combined income is higher, plus we have been here 5+ years and have a 2nd child. I am white European too, but my wife is Filipino (but is in a very senior position). We were rejected outright after 1 year of waiting. Oh, and we have a $1m+ property already bought.Solal wrote:Interesting thead,
We applied in early November with my wife and son (almost 5 month), and we are in Pending status. The officer told us that a reply should come between 4 to 6 month. It seems to be a various rule apparently
Could you guys give an advice on our application based on the latest political climate in Singapore ?
1) Applied with Me + Wife + Son (2yo)
2) French nationality
3) Me: IT Manager in a Bank (salary 11.5k$)
4) Wife: ESD Consultant, Green Mark certified professional
5) In Singapore since 1.5y only (weak point I guess )
6) Me holding Master degree in IT, Wife holding Bachelor degree in Science / building design
7) Cash flows incoming from France (we are moving our savings from France to Singapore in order to settle and try to buy something)
8) Current PEP holder (previous P1), Wife S-Pass and Son (PEP) DP
We are really hoping on PR status since we fell in love of Singapore and want to settle here, my wife would like to apply for a master degree here in sustainability and building design, and we are trying to save some money to try to buy an appartment.
Should we hold our breath or not hoping too much on it, and live our EP life ?
I think you will struggle as you haven't been in SG long enough, never mind the supposed blood-letting in the PR applications at the moment.