Singapore Expats

PR wanna be, would be or will never be. Read this

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
John1541

Re: PR wanna be, would be or will never be. Read this

Post by John1541 » Mon, 09 Jan 2023 5:08 am

You mean application pending for 24 months and rejected? If yes, was there any queries during this period from ICA
eamkay wrote:
Sun, 08 Jan 2023 11:24 pm
It was a Typo & was in a hurry earlier..
Last rejection was in Dec'22 - applied for it in Jan'21.

eamkay

Post by eamkay » Mon, 09 Jan 2023 10:07 am

There was req for additional documentation in 2021 - at about 10-11 month point from application and we were first rejected at about 16 month - Apr/May ‘22 . We re-appealed at that time with changes in profile -(had a baby in 2021, Promotion at Job) and appeal was rejected in about 3 months (around Dec’22)

Rough timelines as they are on top of my head right now…

NYY1
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by NYY1 » Mon, 09 Jan 2023 10:31 am

I'm not sure what to think, other senior people have thoughts?

Presumably, the latest application (apply early-2021, unsuccessful late-2022 after appeal) was the first time additional information was requested? Pros are higher levels of education here, length of stay, and now a child. To me, moderate increases in salary are marginal, although maybe hitting certain levels get some correct ticks per SF. Short of having another kid, which is an independent decision, seems like any changes will (likely) be on the edges.

Net-net, looks like there was some positives (ask for info, length pending) but unfortunately still not enough. Hard to know if something asked for shaded things one way or the other.

For better or worse, seems like if cannot get after applying again (wait an appropriate amount of time), then may need to think hard about what one wants to do.

Best of luck and regards.

John1541

Post by John1541 » Mon, 09 Jan 2023 11:01 am

Deleted

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 09 Jan 2023 2:15 pm

NYY1 wrote:
Mon, 09 Jan 2023 10:31 am

Presumably, the latest application (apply early-2021, unsuccessful late-2022 after appeal) was the first time additional information was requested? Pros are higher levels of education here, length of stay, and now a child. To me, moderate increases in salary are marginal, although maybe hitting certain levels get some correct ticks per SF. Short of having another kid, which is an independent decision, seems like any changes will (likely) be on the edges.

Net-net, looks like there was some positives (ask for info, length pending) but unfortunately still not enough. Hard to know if something asked for shaded things one way or the other.

For better or worse, seems like if cannot get after applying again (wait an appropriate amount of time), then may need to think hard about what one wants to do.

Additional Info sometimes get asked during random audits too and length pending has no relation to the outcome or consideration - it may just be the effect of covid on processing times. Just my few cents.

NYY1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by NYY1 » Mon, 09 Jan 2023 2:31 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 09 Jan 2023 2:15 pm
NYY1 wrote:

Additional Info sometimes get asked during random audits too and length pending has no relation to the outcome or consideration - it may just be the effect of covid on processing times. Just my few cents.
IMHO, outcome = yes, no relation. Consideration = I think there is some; to be considered, you need some real positives/at worst on the fence/they want to look under the hood (in short, they don't know the answer is "no."). However, doesn't mean implication for future applications is positive.

COVID has been on-going and (unfortunately) others have been rejected in 4-6 months / well under a year. As for random audits, I guess it could be but why waste time on something where the outcome is already known?

Also, just my few cents but that's what I observe / process (may not be right).

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Jan 2023 3:40 pm

I have notice a certain habit that I believe is causing a lot of confusion for the readers. There IS a difference between appealing a rejected application and re-applying (which is what ICA normally recommends. However, as we are anecdotally aware, re-applying before 24 months of a rejection is more than likely going to just get one another rejection. Normally the only way ICA will entertain an "appeal" is if something major was inadvertently left out of the original application.

This means if you had no children when you applied, but a child was born 4 months later (or 4 days later) you cannot appeal the original application as the data contained is only up to the date of the application. Cannot include events that happened the following day/month or year.

Please use the correct terminology so you get an accurate response from the readers.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 28 Jan 2023 1:02 am

BecomeSg wrote:
Fri, 27 Jan 2023 2:02 pm
Hi All,

Good afternoon and thank you very much for your advice on the below.

My Girlfriend and I is considering getting married. We would like to know the chances of her getting a PR and later becoming a Singaporean. How long will it take?

Me: Singaporean. 48 years old. Yearly income around $100k. Own business.
She: Philippines. 38 years old. Yearly income around $30k. Admin holding S Pass for 5 years already.

No plans of having kids yet.

Thank you
I hope this doesn't come across as judgmental, but marriages where the bride is significantly younger than the groom + making significantly less can get flagged (seen as marriages of convenience for the sake of obtaining PR and then citizenship). You would probably have to wait a couple years, at least two after marriage before applying.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 28 Jan 2023 1:04 am

NYY1 wrote:

Salary increases are most effective when the applicant starts as lower income. Pushing them into a higher salary "bracket" is what makes the difference. Go too high and you become a flight risk.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 28 Jan 2023 1:05 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
NYY1 wrote:

Agree, there's not really much to interpret.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 28 Jan 2023 1:17 am

NYY1 wrote:
Mon, 09 Jan 2023 2:31 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
NYY1 wrote:

IMHO, outcome = yes, no relation. Consideration = I think there is some; to be considered, you need some real positives/at worst on the fence/they want to look under the hood (in short, they don't know the answer is "no."). However, doesn't mean implication for future applications is positive.

COVID has been on-going and (unfortunately) others have been rejected in 4-6 months / well under a year. As for random audits, I guess it could be but why waste time on something where the outcome is already known?

Also, just my few cents but that's what I observe / process (may not be right).
I believe the additional documentation is sometimes requested when the ICA is on the fence about an applicant, it can be the determining factor and pushing the application from a no to yes or vice versa. Or it could mean nothing at all :mrgreen:

raymond.specter86

Post by raymond.specter86 » Wed, 01 Feb 2023 10:33 pm

thanks

raymond.specter86

Post by raymond.specter86 » Sat, 18 Feb 2023 8:32 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 27 Sep 2022 2:51 pm
raymond.specter86 wrote:
Tue, 27 Sep 2022 2:18 pm
Dear All

would like to ask advice / opinions regarding my application

Nationality: Myanmar
Race : Chinese (single)
Education: Bachelor from Austrailian Uni
Length of stay : 15 years plus
Work: Government Sector
Salary : 130k+ per annum

applied in 2020 and rejected in 2021 feb due to unable to answer question from ICA asking me to show proof of chinese descent.

currently reapplied one year later in feb 2022
attached “lawyer statutory declaration of race” letter
only difference is I got promoted this year

appreciate if anyone can advise the chances pls
attached “lawyer statutory declaration of race” letter
- If the above is acceptable to ICA, you will get PR

Hi, just would like to update that my PR application was approved after 11 months’ wait.
again, i would like to thank “singaporeflyer” for the insightful reply.

Hope2win

Post by Hope2win » Wed, 08 Mar 2023 5:18 pm

Hi all
My application is pending since 19 months as of today. I have no idea what is going on,so far no calls or emaila from ica .
Very frustrated these days as i have no idea how
long its goingbto take.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Mar 2023 11:38 pm

How long is a piece of string?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers