Singapore Expats

PR wanna be, would be or will never be. Read this

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lily333

Re: PR wanna be, would be or will never be. Read this

Post by Lily333 » Wed, 12 Apr 2023 9:53 pm

Hope2win wrote:
Wed, 08 Mar 2023 5:18 pm
Hi all
My application is pending since 19 months as of today. I have no idea what is going on,so far no calls or emaila from ica .
Very frustrated these days as i have no idea how
long its goingbto take.
Mr pr was approved after waiting for 21 months all the best!

Hope2win

Post by Hope2win » Tue, 18 Apr 2023 11:09 am

Ok hoping for the best,thanks a lot for updating.

eamkay

Post by eamkay » Mon, 24 Apr 2023 4:58 pm

Reaching out for expert's inputs here ... given that the PR Process itself a black box approach - is there a value in re-applying without significant changes in one's profile since last application/rejection..

Rationale being, can one count on scenario that he/she didn't stand a chance among the candidates that he/she was competing with earlier, and perhaps with recent exodus , priority changes - one might stand some chance...?

To not beat around the bush, Quantifiably my profile didn't have a huge change since my last PR application. Both me & my wife have a new designation at work with promotion, while our salaries remains stagnant due to pay changes being deferred to next year.

Am in a dilemma as to if i'd be irking ICA, with repeated applications (after 6 month wait since last rejection) although not much has changed in profile.

Can i count of 'luck' of different pool of candidates that i will be competing with, to at-least hope for a chance..?

NYY1
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by NYY1 » Mon, 24 Apr 2023 5:35 pm

eamkay wrote:
Mon, 24 Apr 2023 4:58 pm
Reaching out for expert's inputs here ... given that the PR Process itself a black box approach - is there a value in re-applying without significant changes in one's profile since last application/rejection..

Rationale being, can one count on scenario that he/she didn't stand a chance among the candidates that he/she was competing with earlier, and perhaps with recent exodus , priority changes - one might stand some chance...?

To not beat around the bush, Quantifiably my profile didn't have a huge change since my last PR application. Both me & my wife have a new designation at work with promotion, while our salaries remains stagnant due to pay changes being deferred to next year.

Am in a dilemma as to if i'd be irking ICA, with repeated applications (after 6 month wait since last rejection) although not much has changed in profile.

Can i count of 'luck' of different pool of candidates that i will be competing with, to at-least hope for a chance..?
Hi. Unfortunately, I don't see much point if you already appealed the last decision and want to apply again in a very short timeframe (without large changes). On the other hand, "you can't win if you don't play." See the following example of someone that finally broke through (although this is PR for spouse/child and child in local school may have helped).

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=138724&p=852684#p852684

Hopefully other have suggestions for you. Best of luck and regards.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:22 pm

Lily333 wrote:
Wed, 12 Apr 2023 9:53 pm
Hope2win wrote:
Wed, 08 Mar 2023 5:18 pm
Hi all
My application is pending since 19 months as of today. I have no idea what is going on,so far no calls or emaila from ica .
Very frustrated these days as i have no idea how
long its goingbto take.
Mr pr was approved after waiting for 21 months all the best!
Congrats!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:23 pm

eamkay wrote:

How long has it been since your last rejection?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:25 pm

NYY1 wrote:
Mon, 24 Apr 2023 5:35 pm
eamkay wrote:

Hi. Unfortunately, I don't see much point if you already appealed the last decision and want to apply again in a very short timeframe (without large changes). On the other hand, "you can't win if you don't play." See the following example of someone that finally broke through (although this is PR for spouse/child and child in local school may have helped).

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=138724&p=852684#p852684

Hopefully other have suggestions for you. Best of luck and regards.
I think the main point of consideration is the length of time between applications. Assuming one is rejected, and chooses to reapply only a short time later, with no changes to his profile, it may come across as desperate, and thus lessen the chances of success. On the other hand, assuming a reasonable bit of time has passed, let's say two years, where not too much has changed, other than perhaps a slight improvement in profile, chances may increase, even if marginally, as at the very least it shows continued commitment to Singapore.

eamkay

Post by eamkay » Tue, 25 Apr 2023 12:25 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:23 pm
eamkay wrote:

Its about 6 months since last rejection to an appeal.
i do have minor changes in profile - as in additional hours clocked towards volunteering, Both myself and wife are promoted at work with a level up in designations [ although no pay raise] ....

Not sure how much i could count on these minor changes Vs diplomatically being "desperate", showcasing "commitment"

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Apr 2023 2:11 am

i'd quit flogging a dead horse. Wait 24 months from your date of rejection and IF you have had a sizeable increase of salary (e.g., a new salary band or as a result of a promotion (a promotion in title only and $1.40 will get you a cup of teh at the kopitiam only) Titles in Singapore are given as a placebo most of the time (Face Games - Sounds like exactly what you and your spouse got).

Volunteering is a total waste of time because they already know it is a ruse only unless you have been with the organization for say 5 years before you applied the first time. You can thank those from the subcontinent in the past for destroying that "point". Waste of time if doing it for brownie points as that option has been well and truly killed. To put it bluntly, the more you try to game the system, the more it's going to bite you in the arse. You want to play games, go to the schoolyard, ICA owns the venue, owns the ball and makes the rules. You have no advantages at all and you can easily thrown out of the game if you so much as look at them cross-eyed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Goku87

Post by Goku87 » Tue, 25 Apr 2023 11:59 am

Hi Guys,

good day!

would like to understand your thoughts on my PR application status.

Nationality: Indian, Tamil
Marital status: Married
Education: BSC, MBA
Length of stay: 13 years
Work: Sales, Client Partner ( IT)
Salary: 120k + 20-30k bonus
Wife: Indian, tamil. 31 yrs old, BE, IT Automation testing - 80k
Kids: 1 boy (turning 7) Studies in International School

i have plans to start my own IT business in singapore.

Have been applying PR 3-4 times consecutively post rejections, my rejections were at exactly 12 months for my second and third attempt.

this is my fourth attempt, Applied on August mid 2021 and its exactly 20 months now.

there was an additional information request about 8 months ago, Details on my family and my in-law, their work and occupation background.

not sure of the upload button missing, happened to me as well this month, but that could be standard feature taken away from all applicants.

So, what are my chances? thoughts bros?

Thanks

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Tue, 25 Apr 2023 1:01 pm

To Quote smoulder.

“ a decision has been made “

You will also find it soon enough .
I would think you have good chance . Only detracting point is International School but been Tamil would help.

Else you can always start your business anyway , hopefully employ Singaporean and apply again

Best of luck ! Keep the forum updated.

Goku87

Post by Goku87 » Tue, 25 Apr 2023 4:20 pm

thanks mate ! waiting for outcome.....

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 26 Apr 2023 2:20 am

eamkay wrote:
Tue, 25 Apr 2023 12:25 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:23 pm
eamkay wrote:

Its about 6 months since last rejection to an appeal.
i do have minor changes in profile - as in additional hours clocked towards volunteering, Both myself and wife are promoted at work with a level up in designations [ although no pay raise] ....

Not sure how much i could count on these minor changes Vs diplomatically being "desperate", showcasing "commitment"
Patience is a virtue, wait the full two years before reapplying.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 26 Apr 2023 2:21 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 25 Apr 2023 2:11 am
i'd quit flogging a dead horse. Wait 24 months from your date of rejection and IF you have had a sizeable increase of salary (e.g., a new salary band or as a result of a promotion (a promotion in title only and $1.40 will get you a cup of teh at the kopitiam only) Titles in Singapore are given as a placebo most of the time (Face Games - Sounds like exactly what you and your spouse got).

Volunteering is a total waste of time because they already know it is a ruse only unless you have been with the organization for say 5 years before you applied the first time. You can thank those from the subcontinent in the past for destroying that "point". Waste of time if doing it for brownie points as that option has been well and truly killed. To put it bluntly, the more you try to game the system, the more it's going to bite you in the arse. You want to play games, go to the schoolyard, ICA owns the venue, owns the ball and makes the rules. You have no advantages at all and you can easily thrown out of the game if you so much as look at them cross-eyed.
Totally agree with you about titles. Titles mean absolutely nothing here, nowadays, even an entry-level position has the word executive in it.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 26 Apr 2023 2:33 am

Goku87 wrote:
Tue, 25 Apr 2023 11:59 am
Hi Guys,

good day!

would like to understand your thoughts on my PR application status.

Nationality: Indian, Tamil
Marital status: Married
Education: BSC, MBA
Length of stay: 13 years
Work: Sales, Client Partner ( IT)
Salary: 120k + 20-30k bonus
Wife: Indian, tamil. 31 yrs old, BE, IT Automation testing - 80k
Kids: 1 boy (turning 7) Studies in International School

i have plans to start my own IT business in singapore.

Have been applying PR 3-4 times consecutively post rejections, my rejections were at exactly 12 months for my second and third attempt.

this is my fourth attempt, Applied on August mid 2021 and its exactly 20 months now.

there was an additional information request about 8 months ago, Details on my family and my in-law, their work and occupation background.

not sure of the upload button missing, happened to me as well this month, but that could be standard feature taken away from all applicants.

So, what are my chances? thoughts bros?

Thanks
How long did you wait between your third and fourth applications?