Singapore Expats Forum

24M novena looking for new friends

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
thegreatiam

24M novena looking for new friends

Postby thegreatiam » Sat, 14 Jul 2012 3:47 pm

hi i dunno if im in the correct place...i wanted to explore in making new friends even though im a Filipino Guy...but i have never ever had..get in touched or maybe even talk to actually to white people...or maybe i did..some..but not actually friends like..buddy or what

im not gay
im straight
im physically fit
easy to be with

so my birthday is coming up and i got no friends to invite...what so ever since i just arrive here in singapore 3 months...

i only got two male friends i have no girlfriend i don't think of things like that and im not a serious guy i like skateboarding a lot..music talking and making jokes whatever..walking around..

but yeah i stutter whenever i wanna approach white people or maybe just talk to them...

to anyone..interested..i dunno if my S.O.S. could reach out to this community...maybe treat you a drink or dinner..: )

im in NOVENA...to anyone...hope somebody..good day to everyone..: )

i forgot to include..+9445 4214 sms me..hope i gain new friends here..

nickdutch

Re: 24M novena looking for new friends

Postby nickdutch » Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:07 pm

thegreatiam wrote:hi i dunno if im in the correct place...i wanted to explore in making new friends even though im a Filipino Guy...but i have never ever had..get in touched or maybe even talk to actually to white people...or maybe i did..some..but not actually friends like..buddy or what

im not gay
im straight
im physically fit
easy to be with

so my birthday is coming up and i got no friends to invite...what so ever since i just arrive here in singapore 3 months...

i only got two male friends i have no girlfriend i don't think of things like that and im not a serious guy i like skateboarding a lot..music talking and making jokes whatever..walking around..

but yeah i stutter whenever i wanna approach white people or maybe just talk to them...

to anyone..interested..i dunno if my S.O.S. could reach out to this community...maybe treat you a drink or dinner..: )

im in NOVENA...to anyone...hope somebody..good day to everyone..: )

i forgot to include..+9445 4214 sms me..hope i gain new friends here..

interesting to see that or looking for 'white' friends, do u think asians ore coloured people are not good enough to hang out with? Such a bullshit..

Why u even stutter when u approach 'white' people, thats strainge main..
Btw im from europe but i think its verry inapropiate to bring your story this way, but thats my opinion..

u also say 'i have no girlfriend i don't think of things like that' so i might consider that u actually are gay then :P (no offence)

anyway get your self togetter man, weird post if u ask me.. Good luck with finding 'friends'..

thegreatiam

Re: 24M novena looking for new friends

Postby thegreatiam » Mon, 16 Jul 2012 5:34 pm

no pun intended ...i see i got chinese friends already..then other malay...so some of them are really easy to talk to..but most of them are really busy so i do not have white / western friends so im curious what this society has...

no girlfriend means..im not looking so as not to spook females..cause im not that kind of guy..

im a PC gamer...much of a nerd i like music metal and skateboarding..im not interested into romance...but if you look it that way...its up to you in case you want to pick a fight..go somewhere else...

also why stutter?we're not raised that way...socializing is a different way in our country...

"respect is always the word"

maybe this is my way to discovering such things since im not exposed to those first time i got here in singapore i got culture shock so in order to learn..i must have good friends...

anyway thank you for the reply...i just knew just this day when i got a single reply out of many views..that guys from your country were rude and disrespectful...

take care and more power to the forums...

M!ke

Postby M!ke » Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:46 am

Dude Pinoy

Your approach was a little too strong, maybe tune it down a level next time. It's an online forum, people will bash at any given opportunity and it doesn't help that your just giving them more ammunition with forward posts like these. In any case, good luck man

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 17 Jul 2012 9:10 am

also why stutter?we're not raised that way...socializing is a different way in our country...

Seriously?

How does that go, to be exact?

And honestly...do you really need to find "white" friends? as in "Caucasian"? This is an online forum where everybody's welcome! No matter where you come from, whatever your ethnicity, as long as you want to mingle with people and keep an open mind, then there are no worries...

Nickdutch, you're not alone, I also feel that this post is very inappropriate, and the way he's handling it is just too weird...(I'm not European though.)

And Tiam dude, if you have had culture shock from the beginning, then you should have made a few filipino friends in the first place to show you the ropes, then when you're comfortable enough, venture out and find other friends you can hang out with...

It's kinda strange that someone needs to give out "How To Make Friends" advice at your given age...I assume you're already 20+ no?

Again, good luck bro...
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

thegreatiam

Postby thegreatiam » Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:13 pm

wow this is great...i was only asking for good friends...how does this turn into a hatirade?...

dude..seriously?do i have to elaborate?how it is?or maybe try to visit our country so you would know...sheesh im talking about making good friends here...

don't blame me cause im new here..and everything is new to me here...of course learning takes time...

so im just trying my luck out here...but it seems that you argue cause im filipino...

sorry man...i think this is the last time i post here...again please read my first post..i have two male friends from college..ok?common sense needed here seriously bro

and also if you read my 2nd post..i already had other race friends...but i wanted to learn the Caucasian or white society one...simple as that...

well anyway..im not trying argue with you..but if you think that way its alright with me...

@the other dude

sir thank you...for the heads up...btw i won some aus and danish friends in somerset..so yeah...having a great time..skating with them...then ask some questions...here and there what's it like...

i thought it was cool if i see white people on movies..but it was way too cool talking to them in real life...advanced attitude

this is the last time i post here...Mods please lock my thread...

thank you and God Bless...also the two guys...well goodluck...with your big EGOS...

nickdutch

Postby nickdutch » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 9:59 am

thegreatiam wrote:wow this is great...i was only asking for good friends...how does this turn into a hatirade?...

Because u bring it the wrong way, its ok that u want to meet people from other countries ore cultures. But you are already making a big mistake to adress it with 'white' people.. Just ask that u want to make friends from other cultures as yourselves.. The way u bring this up is the wrong way.

so im just trying my luck out here...but it seems that you argue cause im filipino...

Now you starting again, you already place yourself 'lower' then 'us' because you think people might not accept you because your pillipino. Your not in the philipines anymore, you have to think differend.

People will accept you for who you are, not where u come from. Start acting normal and dont think that some people are better ore differend then you because there skin has another colour ore there eyes have a differend shape.. If u keep thinking like that it will be like that. But it doesnt have to be like that. Thats up to you.

Lern from this, im not trying to bash u.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:21 am

nickdutch wrote:Now you starting again, you already place yourself 'lower' then 'us' because you think people might not accept you because your pillipino. Your not in the philipines anymore, you have to think differend.

This.

The "us" and "them" mentality needs to stop. Although, wanting to mix in with people from different cultures is a good start, you gotta approach it differently. Instead of thinking of wanting to have friends from different cultures, think of it of wanted to have friends who are interested in the same things but from a different point of view.

nickdutch

Postby nickdutch » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:43 pm

This.

The "us" and "them" mentality needs to stop. Although, wanting to mix in with people from different cultures is a good start, you gotta approach it differently. Instead of thinking of wanting to have friends from different cultures, think of it of wanted to have friends who are interested in the same things but from a different point of view.

Agree, thats my point