Singapore Expats

New Criteria for DPs for Work Pass holders w.e.f. 1/09/2012

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
MrBear
Regular
Regular

Re: Small update

Post by MrBear » Mon, 17 Sep 2012 3:58 pm

revhappy wrote:
We delivered our baby in our home country, India. Wife went there when she was 6 months pregnant and she came back with the baby after the baby was 6 months old. She had great time in India with all the support from our relatives and for 9 months, I moved to common room and saved a fortune on rent and the delivery costs and flew home every other month. I am glad we did this arrangement, since it would have been a nerve wrecking experience if we were to deliver here, even if we managed to get my mother in law here.

Not sure if your circumstances allow you to do that, but I would say this is the best option.
Different strokes for different folks, I don't want to miss these parts of my family getting bigger. I know i can save $$$ but money can't buy some things. Worse case we have her mum come over for a 30 day visit or two to help out and we have to man/woman up and tough through it.

thanks for you comment tho.
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Re: Small update

Post by revhappy » Mon, 17 Sep 2012 6:01 pm

Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrBear
Regular
Regular

Post by MrBear » Thu, 20 Sep 2012 2:54 pm

Back on topic again, I just got a call from MOM and what was told to me on the phone before now turns out to be incorrect :mad: :???:

EP & PEP = same thing no in law LTVP :(

I'll look of another way, lucky i didn't get my hopes up too much as i thought it was to good to be true.

sorry for miss information listed above.

MrB

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Thu, 20 Sep 2012 3:15 pm

You should have stayed abreast with the developments and applied for the LTSVP before Sep 1st deadline, like one of my colleagues did, he actually applied on the last day. Tough luck mate!
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrBear
Regular
Regular

Post by MrBear » Thu, 20 Sep 2012 3:28 pm

revhappy wrote:
You should have stayed abreast with the developments and applied for the LTSVP before Sep 1st deadline, like one of my colleagues did, he actually applied on the last day. Tough luck mate!
Was and are still waiting passport for mum in law has taken over 3 months now :(

such is life.... :shock: