Singapore Expats Forum

How to submit PR appeal letter

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tristanmin

How to submit PR appeal letter

Postby tristanmin » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 3:19 pm

Hi all,

May I know how to submit PR appeal letter? Through email or must go down to ICA?

Thanks in advance!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 4:39 pm

Appealing is a pointless endeavor unless something was wrong with your original application. There are no appeals just because you believe ICA made the wrong decision.

That said, if you believe something was wrong with your application to warrant an appeal it is worth going down there in person.

edit: missed a word.
Last edited by zzm9980 on Sun, 08 Jul 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 6:20 pm

perxactly! :wink:

tristanmin

Postby tristanmin » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 7:42 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Appealing is a pointless endeavor unless something was wrong with your original application. There are no appeals just because you believe ICA made the wrong decision.

That said, if you something was wrong with your application to warrant an appeal it is worth going down there in person.

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. I did go through this forum about appealing PR rejection and I know that chances are very very low.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 11:14 pm

Go down in person. And to up your chances, you must have something better than what you submitted.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 10:17 am

the lynx wrote:Go down in person. And to up your chances, you must have something better than what you submitted.

Right. Like a misplaced decimal in your salary, teenaged male heirs you forgot to mention, or you misspelled "Chinese" as "I-n-d-i-a-n" on your initial application.

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vishalgupta2 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:56 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
the lynx wrote:Go down in person. And to up your chances, you must have something better than what you submitted.

Right. Like a misplaced decimal in your salary, teenaged male heirs you forgot to mention, or you misspelled "Chinese" as "I-n-d-i-a-n" on your initial application.

I love this misspelled part, though you probably meant misspelled "Malaysian Chinese" as "Indian"

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 10:10 pm

vishalgupta2 wrote:I love this misspelled part, though you probably meant misspelled "Malaysian Chinese" as "Indian"

I figured the Malaysian part would go in a different field, probably for nationality :P

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vishalgupta2 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 10:11 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
vishalgupta2 wrote:I love this misspelled part, though you probably meant misspelled "Malaysian Chinese" as "Indian"

I figured the Malaysian part would go in a different field, probably for nationality :P

Yea, right :D