Singapore Expats

Indian smart card license

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
greymatter

Post by greymatter » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:51 pm

went at checked with BB traffic police

for Kerala card license : need printout of license particulars from kerala motor vehicle dept website. no need embassy confirmation

for bangalore card license ( non smart car ). no further documentation required.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 1:20 pm

Wd40 wrote:
greymatter wrote:Thanks! So I hope I won't need a verification letter from the embassy.
Yes, the officer should be convinced that your license is not fake. In my case, I had a card license from bangalore and the officer at UBI wasnt convinced and asked me to get a letter from the embassy. I went to the embassy and they asked to go to the RTO in bangalore, I almost fainted and was considering to go to bangalore, but then I thought let me give a shot at another traffic centre and went to Bukit Batok and there the officer didnt have a problem with my license. :)

BTW, My Singapore license that I got in July 2010 is valid for 5 years. I need to renew it next year. Has anyone here renewed their driving license in Singapore?
Just go to Traffic Police HQ in Ubi to get it renewed. There is a fee AFAIK.

skumar0609

Re: Indian card license

Post by skumar0609 » Wed, 15 Jul 2015 3:15 pm

Hi ,

I have passed the BTT recently and went for conversion at woodland but the officer rejected my indian licence as it was laminated and they cannot see the security sign though the hologram is visible correctly .
my licence was issued prior to my arrival to Singapore. they told me to change to new licence and come back again

Does any one face the same or can suggest the best possible solution. Thanks

GSM8
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Indian smart card license

Post by GSM8 » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 12:57 am

Its simple to get a verification letter. The visa agency (VFS BLS whatever the flavour of the day) will facilitate if you prefer not to deal with HCI. You just need to remember which road transport office in India issued your license and HCI will email them for confirmation of authenticity, and they will issue a certificate that Singapore DL center will honour. Sounds daunting but in reality isn't as long as the Indian license is legitimate. They even provide this service for OCI as long as you have your last cancelled Indian passport.