Singapore Expats Forum

Relocating back to Singapore - a mixed bag!

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
Elysse

Relocating back to Singapore - a mixed bag!

Postby Elysse » Sat, 07 Jul 2012 12:11 pm

Hi there, I've just moved back to Singapore from London, and a bit of travelling the world. Just back at work and long hours, and am trying to figure out how best to spend evenings and weekends. Can't help but feel the country's changed a fair bit, and my social circle's shrunk.

So here's my attempt to find people to explore this city with.... usually try to run 2-3 times a week, like doing the usual stuff - coffee, drinks, food, travel and checking out all the new places that have sprung up. I speak Spanish and some Dutch (not much), so if you do too, would be nice so I don't lose the languages.

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers!

policromatico

Postby policromatico » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 2:06 pm

Hi Elysse

I'm a native spanish speaker and will be in Singapore until september, we can meet if you feel like practicing your spanish.
The moment of intensive thought burns holes in the fabric of reality

Elysse

Postby Elysse » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 11:57 pm

To those who PM-ed me, sorry it seems I cannot make a reply -ugh! Could you pls drop me another PM with your email or number.

Thanks!

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Postby the lynx » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 9:02 am

Elysse wrote:To those who PM-ed me, sorry it seems I cannot make a reply -ugh! Could you pls drop me another PM with your email or number.

Thanks!

You should be able to now. You have achieved the minimum number of posts to activate it already.

Elysse

Postby Elysse » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:36 am

Hey the lynx,

I got a number of PMs but can't seem to reply because the messages, although something says the messages have been sent, are stuck in my outbox and it just doesn't seem to be able to push anything out.

Thanks!

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Postby the lynx » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 8:44 am

Elysse wrote:Hey the lynx,

I got a number of PMs but can't seem to reply because the messages, although something says the messages have been sent, are stuck in my outbox and it just doesn't seem to be able to push anything out.

Thanks!

Which means that the recipients have yet to read your PMs. Until they do, your PMs will remain in outbox folder. You will know if they have read it when you see them in sent folder instead.

Elysse

Thanks!

Postby Elysse » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 12:54 am

Ah I see......whoopsies. Hope I haven't been unintentionally 'spamming' people then. Thanks!