Singapore Expats Forum

PEP approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 11:53 pm

JR8 wrote:
Or in this case SMS summarily executed Bambi bwahahaha :)

One of our posters (who shall remain nameless) is going to be upset by that remark. :lol:

Honestly, I won't! :(

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vishalgupta2 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 10:06 pm

BillyB wrote:Why are you so desperate to commit to Singapore on a long-term basis after such a short period of time?

I can answer this for most. Most of the times, people are not looking to settle down in "Singapore", they are looking to settle down in "NOT my home country"

So everytime there is a new country that allows immigrants, there are about a few million that want to flock in. A few lucky ones who are the first in the list get through and others get stuck. This cycle repeats every time a new country opens the doors.

The irony is that its very difficult for most immigration departments to differentiate engineer A from engineer B (Probably in the beginning they don't even know that they need to do this). Given this problem, they take in far too many people from 1 country and then realize what they have done, scream "holy cow" at the top of their lungs and close the doors for that set of community (well not close, nearly close so that only some very few selected ones can creep in). I really wish immigration officials knew what people they really want on day one and could have kept a tight nice inflow of only the right people.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 10:14 pm

vishalgupta2 wrote:
BillyB wrote:Why are you so desperate to commit to Singapore on a long-term basis after such a short period of time?

I can answer this for most. Most of the times, people are not looking to settle down in "Singapore", they are looking to settle down in "NOT my home country"

Everyone always wants to be somewhere other than where they're at.

After visiting quite a few countries in the region, I'd probably be busting my ass to GTFO too. For starters, never underestimate the luxuries of potable tap water and consistant electricity.

rajivv

Hi

Postby rajivv » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 5:01 pm

Hi Iyer,

So when did you apply for the PEP date after coming here or after how much time of having P1.
I also want to do the same.
Also do you have to refill the entire form and resubmit all certificates.

Regards
Rajiv

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 5:47 pm

What? You want to photo copy his application? :roll:

rajivv

???

Postby rajivv » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 5:50 pm

I think you have misunderstood asking him how to filled his form the steps.
Why would I copy his form ...????

Darthcoder
Regular
Regular

Postby Darthcoder » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:03 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What? You want to photo copy his application? :roll:

lol SMS be trollin' :twisted:
I am back I am back I am back I am back You know I am back. Everybody stand up!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:29 am

:wink:

whysaigon

Can you obtain a PEP if you don't have an employer yet?

Postby whysaigon » Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:08 pm

I've just resigned from my role and was holding a P1 Pass. If I'm renting an HDB can the landlord force me to leave while I'm waiting for the PEP?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Can you obtain a PEP if you don't have an employer yet?

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 20 Jul 2012 9:56 am

whysaigon wrote:I've just resigned from my role and was holding a P1 Pass. If I'm renting an HDB can the landlord force me to leave while I'm waiting for the PEP?

On your last day your EP is cancelled; how are you legally staying in Singapore? Without a valid EP/PEP, you're not legally entitled to reside in that unit. Your T/A probably makes a reference to that. Read it.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 20 Jul 2012 9:59 am

whysaigon wrote:I've just resigned from my role and was holding a P1 Pass. If I'm renting an HDB can the landlord force me to leave while I'm waiting for the PEP?

If your P1 was cancelled, you would be issued a SVP for 1 month.

If I am not wrong only SC/PR/EP Holders/Valid Work Permit holders can rent HDB

People on SVP cant rent HDB.

So, theoretically, yes your Landlord can ask you to vacate.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 20 Jul 2012 1:04 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:So, theoretically, yes your Landlord can ask you to vacate.

But in practice, unless the landlord saw more $$ signs in a new tenant, they will demand that you fulfil the terms of the agreement - i.e. stay put and pay .. as it happened to me when the market was going south and moi was jobless :)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 20 Jul 2012 1:11 pm

In common sense, one should start giving 1-month notice to cease rental agreement ONE MONTH before work pass is terminated.

Although some landlords can be pretty helpful and allow you to stay for say 2 more weeks or even one month to sort out your removal part.

skipper
Regular
Regular

Postby skipper » Fri, 20 Jul 2012 1:49 pm

ecureilx wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:So, theoretically, yes your Landlord can ask you to vacate.

But in practice, unless the landlord saw more $$ signs in a new tenant, they will demand that you fulfil the terms of the agreement - i.e. stay put and pay .. as it happened to me when the market was going south and moi was jobless :)

Didn't you have any diplomatic clause in your tenanacy agreement?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 20 Jul 2012 2:25 pm

skipper wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

Didn't you have any diplomatic clause in your tenanacy agreement?

errr .. how would that work ?? enlighten me please ..