Desperate!

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
EMM
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:20 pm
Location: singapore

Desperate!

Post by EMM » Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:30 pm

Hello,

Just been given one month notice that we are relocating to South America for 4-6 months.

I am desperately looking for someone to foster my adult male cat. He is 4 years old, super independent and likes to play hide and seek and catch. He is in no way a needy lap cat. He likes a good pat, more like a dogs rub down and is really just a cool MAN cat. He is all black and tail-less.

He is also trained to use the people toilet so there is no mess to clean.

I will pay for all his food and care I just really need someone warm and trustworthy to give him a safe home til I return.

I can't take him with because quarantine will have him stuck for 3 months when the trip may take only 4.

Please there must be a cat lover out there who has the space! He doesn't need much, he has been an indoor condo cat since his birth. No garden required.

thanks!

durian123
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 7:58 pm

Post by durian123 » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 2:26 pm

I've just had a quick look around the internet and it seems there are no quarantine requirements for Brazil. Also, since Singapore is considered a rabies-free country, you won't need that vaccination.

You do need to get quite a bit of paperwork sorted out, and one month is going to be tight, but should still be doable.

EMM
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:20 pm
Location: singapore

Post by EMM » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 3:53 pm

Hello Durian 123,

Thanks for that! But we are not going to Brazil. I will be in 4-6 different countries for that time period with a stint in hotels back here in Singapore. Truly difficult to take kitty on this project.

Thanks though

durian123
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 7:58 pm

Post by durian123 » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 4:08 pm

Note to self: read original post before replying next time. ](*,)

Sorry about that. I will ask around, but there is a huge number of cats looking for a home (I have one myself on the adoption board of this forum, and the SPCA just got 75 (!!!) newly arrived ones this week) so the numbers might be working against you.

Good luck!

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5281
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 4:08 pm

EMM wrote:Hello Durian 123,

Thanks for that! But we are not going to Brazil. I will be in 4-6 different countries for that time period with a stint in hotels back here in Singapore. Truly difficult to take kitty on this project.

Thanks though
Hi you may ask BillyB for his pet sitter's contact. She sounds wonderful. You may try to engage her to sit for few months.

Here is the thread where we discussed it http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra585224.html

EMM
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:20 pm
Location: singapore

Post by EMM » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 11:58 pm

Hello the lynx,

Thanks for that! Wondering if you might ask for me?? I just joined the forum yesterday and its telling me I can't pm Billy B until I have more history on the site.. GRRRRR.

Much appreciate it.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5281
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 8:39 am

EMM wrote:Hello the lynx,

Thanks for that! Wondering if you might ask for me?? I just joined the forum yesterday and its telling me I can't pm Billy B until I have more history on the site.. GRRRRR.

Much appreciate it.
No problem. I just dropped him a PM and referred him to this thread. In the meantime, you can activate your PM function after making 5 productive posts :D

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Post by BillyB » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 10:28 am

EMM - dropeped you a PM.

Billy

jamesmj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 4:19 pm

Post by jamesmj » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 4:29 pm

Hi, have you tried any pet hotels? I think i heard of it before. It is meant for owners that are going for holidays and need someone to take care of their pets. I do not know much of the price. I will google abit and post some links if i found any.

actually, once i google pet hotels, a bunch of links came up after i narrow it down to pages in Singapore. So you can take a look.

uscate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 1:42 am
Location: Bahstin

Post by uscate » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 9:43 am

Hopefully you've found your foster parent / cat sitter, but in case you haven't, I found these guys on line....http://petembassy.net/main/index.php/pe ... vices.html. I haven't used them, and don't know anyone who has, so I can't vouch for them, but it may be worth a call if you're still in need of a sitter.

Good luck to you!

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Post by BillyB » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 2:06 pm

uscate wrote:Hopefully you've found your foster parent / cat sitter, but in case you haven't, I found these guys on line....http://petembassy.net/main/index.php/pe ... vices.html. I haven't used them, and don't know anyone who has, so I can't vouch for them, but it may be worth a call if you're still in need of a sitter.

Good luck to you!
Why are you referencing them on here if you have no idea if they are any good?!

uscate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 1:42 am
Location: Bahstin

Post by uscate » Wed, 25 Jul 2012 9:10 am

I referenced them because they're another resource - like a pet hotel which another person suggested or the person you've recommended. No harm there, as far as I can see....I believe the OP was looking for options, not necessarily firm recommendations.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39638
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:36 am

uscate wrote:I referenced them because they're another resource - like a pet hotel which another person suggested or the person you've recommended. No harm there, as far as I can see....I believe the OP was looking for options, not necessarily firm recommendations.
Sure sounds like he's looking for a "recommendation" to me.....
EMM wrote:I will pay for all his food and care I just really need someone warm and trustworthy to give him a safe home til I return.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

uscate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 1:42 am
Location: Bahstin

Post by uscate » Wed, 25 Jul 2012 6:02 pm

Well, I guess the OP can do with this as they please. Or if my post was deemed inappropriate, the moderator could have edited or denied it from the start.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests