LTVP for Mother-in-law

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 4:59 pm

LTVP for Mother-in-law

Post by sp.parmar » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 5:09 pm


I am working on EP (P2) with my wife and a kid (both on DP). I wish to sponsor my Mom-in-law's Long Term Visit Pass. According to the list of documents required, MoM needs my wife's Birth Certificate mentioning parents name on it. Since my mom-in-law is already here in Singapore on Short term visa, it will be very difficult to get a copy of my Wife's Birth Certificate. Is there any other alternative to Birth Certificate?

Can I still apply without Birth Certificate?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sandeep P.

User avatar
Posts: 38870
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 5:24 pm

What document did they tell you to produce? If you don't produce as requested, they have every right to deny the application. Don't submit any application to any government agency in Singapore WITHOUT having ALL requested documents. When you do that, you are showing them just how "Talented" the Foreign Talent really isn't.

Also, getting an LTVP for you MiL might be difficult (that's some of the collateral baggage that they are looking to avoid).
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

User avatar
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Zeenit » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 6:23 pm

Neighbour next door got his mother one but had to get all the right paperwork and they from India.
Mother has now gone back and her mother is coming later in the year for about one year. SO while the paperwork is correct and translated.
What they really want to know is that you can afford to have another family member here. He is on an P1.

Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 9:16 pm

Post by revhappy » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:07 am

Just go to BLS international at The Verge on Serangoon Rd, with your wife's passport and you will get an equivalent of the birth certificate in 3 business days, from the Indian high commission.

That should be good for LTSVP application.


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests