Singapore Expats Forum

The Weekenders

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 1:28 pm

There won't be any "official" gathering for the weekend...

But if you're interested in Dredd 3D, I'm going to watch that this Sunday...if you'd like to join, then just let me know. I'll be arnd.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal Studios, 19th Oct

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 01 Oct 2012 10:16 pm

Hey people, this event will be in two weeks, I was thinking whether you want to experience it together! They say that the first one last year was a great scare! So I'm definitely going this year.

Here's the link at RWS for you to see.
http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US ... rorNights2

The early bird phase is unfortunately closed already, but if you had bought the ticket (or are planning to anyway) let's go on the same day!

By the way, I have some leads to an even cheaper ticket than early bird ticket (which I am getting) but it's all first come first serve, so if you are interested, e-mail or PM me, and text me with your number for total confirmation, and I promise I'll do what I can to get you your ticket.

Cheers and Happy Halloween!!!!!
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Looper Movie @ Marina Square, Oct 14th

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 2:41 pm

Hey people, as usual, another thing for the weekend that I'm organizing.

This weekend it's all about the mind-bending concept of "killing your future self to prevent yourself from being killed, while the future self must try to not get killed by the younger self, but he cannot kill the killer because in doing so, would be killing himself!"

And that's the rather complicated dilemma of the movie, Looper

Well, currently three other people are showing interest in it, and now is the "official" event!

We're thinking of doing it on Sunday afternoon, around 3 pm. Which I saw there's time slot at that time.

Please contact me by PM, or e-mail me with your phone number, and once confirmed, I'll buy your tickets first to make it easy for everybody! I'm gonna wait until Friday night, and then I'll buy the tickets.

Cheers everybody!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal Studios, 19th Oct

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:00 am

Akimbo wrote:Hey people, this event will be in two weeks, I was thinking whether you want to experience it together! They say that the first one last year was a great scare! So I'm definitely going this year.

Here's the link at RWS for you to see.
http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US ... rorNights2

The early bird phase is unfortunately closed already, but if you had bought the ticket (or are planning to anyway) let's go on the same day!

By the way, I have some leads to an even cheaper ticket than early bird ticket (which I am getting) but it's all first come first serve, so if you are interested, e-mail or PM me, and text me with your number for total confirmation, and I promise I'll do what I can to get you your ticket.

Cheers and Happy Halloween!!!!!

Well, the cheaper ticket is sold out. But we can still go together anyway. Event tickets are at $68 per person. If anyone's interested on going together with me and 13 other people, just seek me out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuSq9h8-dGo

And above is the trailer....

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Red Bull Flugtag 2012, 28th October, Sentosa

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 25 Oct 2012 9:56 am

Hello people,

Following Oktoberfest, here's another event that came from Austria. Singapore's first ever Flugtag! Here's a quote from events.insing.com

Redbull’s flugtag is basically a competition where a team of four, comprising of one pilot and three helpers get together to design, build and fly homemade flying contraptions! Besides being able to actually fly off and reach the landing base, competitors will also be judged on flight distance, creativity of the craft and showmanship.

The Flugtag has inspired a myriad of wacky designs ranging from wedding cake, bears, tacos and pterodactyls. Flugtags have been extremely popular around the world, and more than 100 flugtags have been held, since its inception in 1992.

That's the gist of what's it all about. In Singapore, they're holding it at Siloso Beach Sentosa this Sunday, 28th of October, and I'm planning to go for the laughs and the booze!

Below is the official site of Redbull and also a map for the event at Siloso.

http://www.redbull.sg/cs/Satellite/en_SG/Red-Bull-Flugtag-Singapore/001243205610299

[img]http://www.redbull.com/cs/RedBull/RBImages/000/000/29/403/photo610x343a/[RBSG]20120913_JUICE-map.jpg[/img]

If you're still in Singapore for the long weekend, come on over, and let's have some fun at the beach for the laughs. :D

E-mail or PM me, so I can contact you later on.

Cheers!
Last edited by Akimbo on Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kikeo

Postby kikeo » Fri, 26 Oct 2012 6:01 pm

(it's actually coming from Austria... Red Bull being an Autrian company)

I don't think I'll join, or after wakeboarding maybe!

lolmarco

Postby lolmarco » Fri, 26 Oct 2012 6:34 pm

Hi akimbo
Was thinking myself to go there. Would like to join your group. I not able to send pm yet.

Thanks
Cu Marco

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:18 pm

kikeo wrote:(it's actually coming from Austria... Red Bull being an Autrian company)

I don't think I'll join, or after wakeboarding maybe!

Alright, alright...I'll edit it to Austria, just because it is the fact...:roll:

Just call me up if you do come by.

lolmarco wrote:Hi akimbo
Was thinking myself to go there. Would like to join your group. I not able to send pm yet.

Thanks
Cu Marco

I'll PM you my contacts. No big groups yet. Just me and a few people, and perhaps meet some German colleague of mine there.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

17th Nov (Sat)

Postby taurus19 » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:40 am

hi hi...
I am back again.. Hope I am still remembered in this thread
Btw, was thinking to organise a New Frens Meet Up Gathering on the 17 Nov (Sat).
Haven’t decided where to go yet but I am definitely welcome suggestion from you guys. We can have our first hang out dinner & get to know each other better.
Then after, we shall decide the next activity..
Anyone keen? (Though some of them who have met up before..) :lol:
See the world from a different vantage point

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks for the offer, Taurus. That'd be great for the weekend.

But so sorry, I can't come on that one, because I already have something on on Sat evening. I'm trying to figure out on Skyfall and Perks of Being A Wallflower for Sunday, though...will post something up once I've decided.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Postby taurus19 » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 6:09 pm

Akimbo wrote:Thanks for the offer, Taurus. That'd be great for the weekend.

But so sorry, I can't come on that one, because I already have something on on Sat evening. I'm trying to figure out on Skyfall and Perks of Being A Wallflower for Sunday, though...will post something up once I've decided.

you mean on the 17 Nov, Sat. you cnnt make it?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 6:51 pm

taurus19 wrote:

Wait, 17th? Oh dear God, I didn't read the fine print...hahahah. Sure enough, I'm okay with that date, then.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Postby taurus19 » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 2:10 pm

Akimbo wrote:
taurus19 wrote:

Wait, 17th? Oh dear God, I didn't read the fine print...hahahah. Sure enough, I'm okay with that date, then.

haha..

btw would like to hv a short intro of yourself?

we shall wait a little while for the rest to join in too..

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Double-Whammy Movie Day! Nov 4th, 2012

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 2:21 pm

Hello dudes and dudelines.

This first weekend of November, my plan is to have a double-whammy movie day with a late lunch and early dinner to hang out first!

I understand that there will be a LOT of people who wants to watch this (at least the first one), as I already saw a couple of film timings in all 3 big cinemas are sold out, or at least the great seats are already taken.

Therefore, I'm taking the initiative and gonna buy 8 seats (the other two is reserved for me and my friend) extra to whoever wants to join us. Newbies and oldies are both welcome. That's why I'm having a late lunch and early dinner for us to get to know/catch up with each other. Don't worry, I'll make sure all of you guys are comfortable.

Okay, firstly...

We're first greeted by James Bond, in the new movie, Skyfall, which as of I post this post, is still strong at 94% in Rottentomatoes. I don't need to tell you guys what it's about, right? :D
The venue will be at (I will edit this later on, once I've confirmed the tickets with people who shows interest, cause I might just buy more than 10) and I'm looking to watch it arnd 3pm.

Once we finish, we'll be heading off for the late dinner or just coffee, but if you also haven't watched the movie, I'll be watching this one too.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Well, we all used to be in high school, I'm sure. And you should also know the ups and downs during that period. If you've read the book (which I haven't, unfortunately) than you should know what I'm talking about. But the trailer itself has already almost drove me into tears (yeah, I'm a sensitive guy and yeah I can emphatize with outcasts being bullied during highschool)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5rh7O4IDc0

There's a clip from Youtube, and all the romantics, you'll love the quote in the end of the trailer...

I know there are people who say these don't happen. I know that these will be stories someday. But right now, we are alive. And in this moment...I swear, we are infinite.

Loved how they had edited the trailer.

For this one, the venue is at Cineleisure Orchard, I don't know how many will be interested, so I won't be buying any yet. and I'm sure the couple seats can even be bought at the last minute anyway. Haha. And the rating from Rottentomatoes, is currently staying at 86%! Definite watch for me.

So there you have it. If you're interested, just PM/e-mail me your contacts, and once I can get in touch with you by phone, you're confirmed.

To those who have my number already, just text me and let's hang out!

I'll be buying the tickets on Thursday afternoon. After that, I won't be able to guarantee that we'll sitting in the same area in the cinema. I'll be choosing the best seats possible ;)

Cheers and have a great week ahead!
Last edited by Akimbo on Wed, 31 Oct 2012 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 2:35 pm

taurus19 wrote:haha..

btw would like to hv a short intro of yourself?

Err...I'd like to say "NO" to that...

Hahaha

Well, anyway I'm a dude, I'm 24 and a foreigner here in Singapore. Basically that's the only thing this forum needs to know for now. :cool:

I'm way better when you do meet me in person though. :twisted: