Singapore Expats Forum

The Weekenders

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Sun, 26 Aug 2012 10:59 pm

v4jr4 wrote:Oops, wrong link. This is the correct link for 2012 :P

Now that I'm back in SG, I'll post this thread up again!

So interested for this week? Cause I'll make it official for Weekenders then! On Friday though. I can't go on Sat...although maybe late at night...
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:26 am

Akimbo wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:Oops, wrong link. This is the correct link for 2012 :P

Now that I'm back in SG, I'll post this thread up again!

So interested for this week? Cause I'll make it official for Weekenders then! On Friday though. I can't go on Sat...although maybe late at night...

Welcome back :D
I'll go back there, especially for SAM.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 1:28 pm

I've been to the Arts Museum for a Film Exhibition before, there was nothing much to be in awe for, then...what's up now?
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 1:37 pm

Akimbo wrote:I've been to the Arts Museum for a Film Exhibition before, there was nothing much to be in awe for, then...what's up now?

Well, only several art installations, but not related to movies.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Step Up Revolution! Sept 2, 2012 @ GV Marina Square

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:56 pm

Hey guys! This weekend, I'm gathering people that wanna watch this movie together, but we will also have dinner together beforehand. Just chillin' out and relaxing while getting to know new people if we haven't known each other. We'll watch the 7.35 pm movie.

Contact me for more details, either by PM, or just here. Leave me your phone number so we can contact each other quickly. I'll buy the tickets for you, once you confirm.

See ya!

PS: I'm also watching Moonrise Kingdom at 3 PM after 30's club's Brunch at Lido. Although this one I'm doing it on my own. You're welcome to join though, if the movie's also your kind of thing. (It got a 93% rating on Rottentomatoes! I definitely want to watch it!)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

7K jog in Sentosa/Singapore Botanic Gardens 8/9 Sep

Postby Akimbo » Fri, 07 Sep 2012 11:23 am

Hey y'all, interested to exercise and do this jog with me this Sat? More people will be a big motivation for me. Yeah, a 7K is not a jog, but I'm quite a slow runner. My average for a 7K if I'm not pushing myself is around 8min/km...Currently building back my stamina for the SCMarathon this December.

I prefer to do the SBG, but it depends on the volleyball game that bariq1 is usually having in Sentosa.

Just PM me or post here, and let's meet. :D

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Fri, 07 Sep 2012 11:30 am

SC marathon? You're joining the 10km, 21km, or full marathon?
"Budget Expat"

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Fri, 07 Sep 2012 11:33 am

Full throttle, whenever, wherever.
~Eikichi Onizuka~

You go all the way, or you don't go at all. That's my policy. 42.195 km naturally...

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Wakeboarding @ Sembawang Yacht Club, Sep 16th

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 7:05 pm

Hey people! This event is courtesy of Kikeo, one of this forum's member also, and I'm also quite determined to join in.

Anyway, if you haven't done wakeboarding, no worries, it's beginner friendly, but your body's gonna ache like crazy that night. Lol

So the cost is $95/hour/boat. Which we all will share. I'd say the cheapest we can go is 3 person a boat, so that's $33 a person. If you go cheaper than that, you won't have as much fun while wakeboarding.

Let me know by Friday Evening at the very latest! (Kikeo's gonna do the booking, so you might still have a chance on Saturday) You can drop me a PM or e-mail if you want to join in the fun. You can also post here if you want. Event is planned to be from 2-3 PM, depending on when we can get the booked boat.

k77

Postby k77 » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 9:25 pm

come support newfriendshub.com to make more friends in singapore :)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Hollywood After Party @ RWS Sentosa, Sep 22nd

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 13 Sep 2012 11:32 pm

Hey guys, somebody in our FB group had told us about this Hollywood after party that has free flow drinks. This party is actually since the end of July, and will continue until 6th Oct. It's every Sat night at RWS Sentosa. I'm not coming this Sat, but I definitely want to come next weekend. Just need to find the people to come along with.

Anyway, here's the gist of it. I'll just quote it from the site.

http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Attractions/UniversalStudiosSingapore/ParadeEvents/HollywoodAfterParty
Rock out at Hollywood After Party every Saturday night
7 PM till late at Universal Studios Singapore! Enjoy free flow beer, live bands, Barclays Premier League live telecast from mioTV and more for just $33. Tuck into a wide selection of food ranging from bar snacks to a hearty meal while watching Lake Hollywood Spectacular pyrotechnics show at 9.30 PM.

Hollywood After Party packages:
$20 Entry includes first drink
+ $13 Free Flow Beer
+ $15 All You Can Eat (Just finger food)

PM me if you're interested, or e-mail me (look for my e-mail at the first post), or of course, just post here. Leave your phone number so that I can contact you to confirm pronto.

Have a nice weekend, people!

kikeo

Postby kikeo » Fri, 14 Sep 2012 6:10 pm

Guys, FYI, booking for wakeboarding is closed now.

There will be more sessions, I'll open a specific thread :)

mars2008

Re: Hollywood After Party @ RWS Sentosa, Sep 22nd

Postby mars2008 » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 3:30 pm

Akimbo wrote:Hey guys, somebody in our FB group had told us about this Hollywood after party that has free flow drinks. This party is actually since the end of July, and will continue until 6th Oct. It's every Sat night at RWS Sentosa. I'm not coming this Sat, but I definitely want to come next weekend. Just need to find the people to come along with.

Anyway, here's the gist of it. I'll just quote it from the site.

http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Attractions/UniversalStudiosSingapore/ParadeEvents/HollywoodAfterParty
Rock out at Hollywood After Party every Saturday night
7 PM till late at Universal Studios Singapore! Enjoy free flow beer, live bands, Barclays Premier League live telecast from mioTV and more for just $33. Tuck into a wide selection of food ranging from bar snacks to a hearty meal while watching Lake Hollywood Spectacular pyrotechnics show at 9.30 PM.

Hollywood After Party packages:
$20 Entry includes first drink
+ $13 Free Flow Beer
+ $15 All You Can Eat (Just finger food)

PM me if you're interested, or e-mail me (look for my e-mail at the first post), or of course, just post here. Leave your phone number so that I can contact you to confirm pronto.

Have a nice weekend, people!

Akimbo,i'm interested with this,please contact me at superhuman200835@yahoo.com

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

CANCELLED: Hollywood After Party @ RWS Sentosa, Sep 22nd

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:51 pm

ALERT!

RWS Hollywood party outing is cancelled.

The event is still there, but I'm cancelling our gathering on account of that they say it's too dull. So instead, I've got another plan.

Meetup at Bugis area @ 6.30pm, we'll eat, drink at the cheap hawker stand around it, and then we'll head off to Arab Street. It's a more guaranteed and cheaper outing. We can shisha together and just hang out!

Leave your phone number by PM, and I'll contact you to confirm on the gathering. See ya!

Uncouth

Postby Uncouth » Sat, 22 Sep 2012 12:55 am

The PM feature isn't working for me, but I shall leave you my e-mail address, dhruv.dss@gmail.com.

Looking forward to your reply!