Singapore Expats Forum

The Weekenders

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Andhinovich

Re: The Weekenders

Postby Andhinovich » Mon, 24 Nov 2014 2:59 pm

Hi Akimbo,
I'm really interested this weekender.
Could you inform me your contact/email for the next event confirmation.
Still newbie so cant PM you, my mail: andhi_harisma@yahoo.com
--Lets take care the the worlds/universe for the better place--

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 26 Nov 2014 8:20 am

Hi andhinovich,

You have made more than enough posts to send PMs. Be sure to keep an eye on this thread for any events in the future. If you want to suggest an activity, please don't hesitate to do so. I'll help you to endorse it anyway I can (and if I'm also interested :P)
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Movie Night + Dinner, Jan 17th

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 06 Jan 2015 1:05 pm

CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!

Merry (belated) Xmas and Happy New Year!

Weekenders will be doing a Movie Night again next week's Saturday. Don't need to eat anything for dinner, because we're gonna eat some good Thai food after, at the Tower nearby if you know what I mean :wink: If you don't know, then...you'll find out about one of the famous places in Singapore. And not because of the hanky panky stuff...

Newbies are very welcomed.

I will help with the booking, around $12-14 per person.

Movie: Into The Woods
Date: Saturday, 17th January
Time: 7pm-ish

Booking deadline: Thursday, 15th January

Critics' consensus is currently at 70% in Rotten Tomatoes. Definitely good.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/into_the_woods_2014/

Based on the Broadway musical of the same name, Into The Woods show your Disney-esque characters in a more pragmatic light...be careful what you wish for.

If you're interested, either PM me directly or reply to this post and I will contact you with the details via PM.

Black list rules apply: If you confirmed and never showed up, you are considered to be banned for life from our group.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 15 Jan 2015 11:06 am

Yeah, since there wasn't that big of a turnout, I am cancelling the above movie night...

I will be watching a movie for my heart and soul instead.

With the score at 95% this is gonna be awesome.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/whiplash_2014/

Movie: Whiplash
Date: Saturday, 17th January
Time: 7pm-ish

I'm already going to watch it with two other people. I will book for them today, but I will not book for any other latecomers. If you want to come watch together, and maybe eat dinner after (probably still at OT), you can contact me about it via PM or post here.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Green Corridor Walk, March 1st

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 04 Feb 2015 6:23 am

Hey everybody! Weekenders are doing a Singapore trail walk, cause we'd all must have gotten fat over the Chinese New Year weekend with all the food that was pumped in our system! Hahaha. So anyway, without further ado...

We'll be doing the second half of the trail, maps right here.
http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2283096

It will be from Rail Mall to Tanjong Pagar Train Station (Rail mall to Kampong Bahru)
http://www.thegreencorridor.org/tag/walking-route/

Total distance: Approx 13 km. (2.5 hour-ish I reckon)

We're gonna tackle this by walking.

What to bring:
- Water
- Snacks
- Sunscreen
- Camera (if you want)
- Sunglasses

What to wear
- Comfortable shoes
- Shorts
- Comfortable clothes

Meetup date: March 1st, 2015
Meetup location: Botanic Gardens MRT
Meetup time: 9 am.
Current people confirmed: 15 people

If you're interested, either answer here or PM me straight. I'll contact you with my details.

EDIT: Put the meetup date and time into a more viewable area.
EDIT2: Add up the amount of people coming.
EDIT3: Add up even more people coming in (28/2)

lnguyen639

Postby lnguyen639 » Sat, 07 Mar 2015 6:39 pm

Hi, I'm new here and really want to make new friends and hangout. I missed the trail walk, but will look forward to the next event :)

glenhleb

Postby glenhleb » Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:20 am

Hey Akimbo,

A little about me, My name is Glen 27/M from China, just arrived in Singapore from Shanghai. Had a lot of fun hanging with my friends back in SH, so would like to keep this spirit going. Keen in having conversation with people with different stories while having a couple of drinks, or even clubbing. Into food as well, would like to explore different cuisines in SG (brunch, lunch, dinner doesn't matter). Big sports fan, just started picking up my workout schedule, love to meet for jogging or soccer, watersports will be the best. Love reading and movies as well. Since your email address has been removed, My email address is glenhle6@gmail.com if u can kindly keep me posted on further events. Meantime, I will keep track of this thread for sure. Looking forward to hanging out with other expats.

Regards, Glen

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Sun, 22 Mar 2015 6:31 am

Hi Glen, sorry it's short notice, but we're going cycling for this Sunday 22/3 at East Coast around 10 am. If you'd like to join, just PM me about it with your number so I can contact you on the spot.

glenhleb

Postby glenhleb » Sun, 22 Mar 2015 4:52 pm

Akimbo wrote:Hi Glen, sorry it's short notice, but we're going cycling for this Sunday 22/3 at East Coast around 10 am. If you'd like to join, just PM me about it with your number so I can contact you on the spot.

Oh, shoot, I missed out. I slept in until 9am, and I thought of PMing u and go there but u r prob not behind ur computer,so... Never mind, still really appreciate the notice. I will PM u my number once I can since I am still a newbie. Until then, hope u can keep me and other expats posted with further get-togethers, looking forward to meeting new people.

Take care, until next time.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Sun, 22 Mar 2015 5:18 pm

You could've just PMed me. I had my PMs to send a notice to my e-mail address. Well, too bad. Next time then.

Although, if you're able to wake up super early on April 3rd, I will be going to pulau Ubin with some other online friends that I've never met.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:49 pm

Anybody who's able to see this right now, me, kwils and some others will be going down to Bugis/Arab st for dinner and drinks around 730pm. PM me with you phone numbers so we can contact each other. (I will still get notification e-mails about PMs btw, so no worries if I'm not online here)

Ashik

Postby Ashik » Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:25 am

hey guys~ im new to this forum and would love to make new friends and get to know people! would love to meet up with any new events u guys make in the future!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 13 Apr 2015 6:29 pm

Below is a recycled post from the previous page....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys and gals, this Saturday morning I'm planning to go to Macritchie Reservoir for a trail run (Approx 11 km) on my own. I'll be running quite slowly, around 7.5~8 min/km (that's 12 min/mile for you Americans) for most of the trip, so it'll be okay.

This is a rain or shine event. Unless it's a thunderstorm, or I injure myself the day before, I will still continue on. Newbies on trail running are welcomed, advanced ones, please be patient to us amateurs :)

Date: Saturday, 18th April 2015
Meetup Time: 8.30 am

What to bring:
1.) Running gear
2.) EZ-Link Card
3.) Small cash (15 bux is more than enough)

Those are the least, for running. There are lockers and showers in the visitor's area, so you can actually bring more stuff in a bag like wallet, phone, change of clothes, and leave them in the lockers before the run.

You can contact me via PM or reply to this post if you are interested. I will get in touch with you and we can swap contact details.

For newbies in this forum, you need 5 posts before you can PM me.

Cheers!
Last edited by Akimbo on Wed, 15 Apr 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justin_sg

Postby justin_sg » Wed, 15 Apr 2015 3:11 pm

Is this still going ahead? Me and my girlfriend would be interested!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 15 Apr 2015 4:43 pm

Isn't 18th a Saturday? :-/