Singapore Expats Forum

The Weekenders

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Fri, 17 Oct 2014 10:03 am

I'm actually bringing my Weekenders crew to Parkour trials tonight from 7pm onwards, for them to try out what I do during my insane weekends running through Clarke Quay, jumping over walls and people and what not...maybe I get to have new people joining in.

You will not need to do flips, we mostly do body conditioning and simple flow movements, so as long as you can carry your body, you're good to go.

www.add.com.sg

After that, drinks at Paulaner Brauhaus with benjiiiiiii and the others at 930 pm.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

aoifewoo

Postby aoifewoo » Fri, 17 Oct 2014 3:56 pm

Hey Akimbo...

I cant pm you because it says I cant and im crap with computers haha! so I just whatsapped youust now! We cant make drinks tonight as we've plans....anything happening tomorrow? :D

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Fri, 17 Oct 2014 4:10 pm

No public Weekenders event for tomorrow nor the day after. Maybe I'll organize that dinner on the 21st next week.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

FOOD CHALLENGE NIGHT!!!

Postby Akimbo » Sun, 19 Oct 2014 9:20 pm

Okay guys and gals, primarily for those who are still new to Singapore. (but oldies are also welcome) We're gonna have an ice breaker night, with a food challenge! We'll continue on after that to a shots bar at Clarke Quay :)

Time: 20.00, Oct 21st

Anybody who's interested, come PM me, and I'll send ya my contacts to set things up!

D872

Postby D872 » Tue, 21 Oct 2014 6:49 pm

Hey,

I just signed up today, will it be possible to join in tonight?

Cheers David

Sorry for the edit stupid german auto correct :)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Re: The Weekenders

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 10 Nov 2014 9:20 am

Hey guys and gals, this Sunday I'm planning to go to Macritchie Reservoir for a small hiking trip towards the Tree-Top Climb, and after that, you can go home! As the next part of the trip, is not for the faint-hearted... :P

For the slightly more adventurous, I'll be venturing through the forest on the unmarked trail to a Japanese Shinto Shrine in the woods. :D I've never been there, so your guess on how to get there is as good as mine! I've already got a map though, all I need is a compass.

The actual shrine doesn't seem to be as impressive as it sounds, but it's the journey that counts!

Newbies on hiking are welcomed, advanced ones, please be patient to us amateurs :) It'll be good to get to know each other for new people. A few of my Weekenders crew will come also.

If you are interested, come on by!

Date: Sunday, 16th November 2014
Meetup Time: 9 am

You can contact me via PM or reply to this post. I will get in touch with you and we can swap contact details.

For newbies in this forum, you need 5 posts before you can PM me.

rosalind1900

Postby rosalind1900 » Tue, 11 Nov 2014 10:50 pm

Hey, I will join Sunday..but is there no way you can make it Saturday?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 12 Nov 2014 12:47 pm

I can't host the hike trip to Macritchie for this Saturday because I already have full-day plans. Which is why it's on Sunday.

amy_l

Postby amy_l » Sat, 15 Nov 2014 10:11 pm

Hi

I'm new to Singapore, just moved here this week from the UK (female, 24). I'm looking to meet some other young people to socialize with and this looks like a great forum!

I won't be able to go to the reservoir tomorrow but hopefully I can join you on the next event?

Amy

Benwill

Postby Benwill » Sun, 16 Nov 2014 12:52 pm

Hi I'm from the UK (24/M) though I've spent quite a long time in Singapore actually. Looking to find new friends to socialize with and for activities! Would have gone for the hiking trip if I could have Akimbo. I can't PM you yet is there another way I can contact you so I can join in for the next event?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Pulau Ubin Trip, 23/11/2014

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:21 pm

Hey y'all,

Again I'm planning an outing for Sunday. We're going cycling at Pulau Ubin!

Details on the meetup:
Date: Sunday, November 23rd 2014
Time: 09.30

What to bring:
-Daypack
-Comfortable clothes and shorts
-Comfortable running shoes/cycling shoes
- +$15 for ferry and bike rental
-Sunscreen
-Water

From the station, we'll be taking a bus to go to the ferry terminal and take the bum boat over.
Just eat some very small breakfast in the morning, because we will be getting an early lunch as we arrive there at the seafood restaurant.

All in all we should be back in Singapore about 3-4 pm.

Things to enjoy there:
-Cycling
-Chek Jawa Wetlands walk
-Temples
-Quaries made into lakes

You can contact me via PM or reply to this post. I will get in touch with you and we can swap contact details.

For newbies in this forum, you need 5 posts before you can PM me.

calvano

Postby calvano » Fri, 21 Nov 2014 8:03 am

hi there, looking to bring two friends... add me on LINE or wechat at "calvano1" ? Can't PM yet

Rebecca1

Postby Rebecca1 » Sat, 22 Nov 2014 2:32 am

Sounds good Akimbo, I'd definitely like to join on Sunday! I think I qualify as a "newbie", having only one week of Singapore experience. I'm not sure how to share my contact details without posting 5 useless posts in order to PM you. Any suggestions? Cheers, Rebecca (26/F)

amy_l

Postby amy_l » Sat, 22 Nov 2014 6:22 pm

Hi
Thanks for your message Akimbo, I would like to join if its still happening?
Can I just turn up? Where is the exact meeting point at Tanah Merah?

Thanks

Amy

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Sat, 22 Nov 2014 9:16 pm

To the people who have contacted me, yes, it's still on. Meet me at Tanah Merah, I'll be wearing a bright yellow t-shirt.