Singapore Expats Forum

The Weekenders

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Rise of the Indie Rocks! Friday, Dec 12th 2012

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 05 Dec 2012 9:05 pm

Okay dudes and dudelines, now that I'm finished with all the marathon, it's time to do the Booze-a-thon!....well, I'm half kidding about that :P

Anywho, as boring as it may sound (because it is what I always suggest every weekend), I'm thinking of watching "Rise of The Guardians" for this Friday (7/12). But this time, let's follow it up with some Indie Rock music at Home Club! Whoever's interested, contact me via SMS (with ur name, just in case :p! If you don't have my number, PM me with ur num, and I'll contact u!

http://www.homeclub.com.sg/featured/07-dec-home-club-presents-kicks-first-fridays-with-twoface/

Btw...I know it shows 7 NOV in the image above, but really, it's 7 Dec
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

One Mic Stand @ Home Club Feat. Kumar! Dec 13th 2012

Postby Akimbo » Sun, 09 Dec 2012 3:44 pm

Week 50 before the New Years, and let's have some laughs! There's a frequent event called One Mic Stand featuring a local drag queen called Kumar who I only heard second-hand that he's good.

Now I'm not one who frequents a comedy club, but a change of pace in life is good sometimes, isn't it? So if you're interested on watching this together after work/school, contact me by PM, e-mail or phone, whichever you prefer.

Have a good week ahead.

Cheers,
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

New Years Adventure Cove @ RWS, 29th Dec 2012

Postby Akimbo » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 2:42 pm

Hello all,

Anyway, the end of the year is coming, and if the world doesn't end on 21st of December, some of us should already have a ticket home to fly to their loved ones to spend Christmas/New Years together.

But for some that doesn't have enough money (like me :cry:) or needs to stay in Singapore for other reasons, why not spend it having fun at the new water park at Sentosa! I found a deal here that also caters for the cable car trip, but if you don't want it, we can still buy the ticket at the door for $29.

http://www.voucherwow.com/cities/singap ... c-coaster/

http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US ... eWaterpark

Just contact me via PM or send me an e-mail with your phone number for those who are interested, and let's go together!

That's all, have a happy Christmas for those who celebrate, and to all a wonderful New Year!

Cheers!

PS: For legal reasons, I must say that "I'm not affiliated with any of the institution above, and do not gain anything from this" :P

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Sunday Brunch @ The Garden Slug 30/12/2012

Postby Akimbo » Sat, 29 Dec 2012 4:59 pm

Hey guys, if you're staying in Singapore for the New Years, and want to hang out with some new and maybe even old friends over a quiet brunch, come along and eat with us.

I've reserved a place for a Sunday brunch. 8 people for now, cause I don't know how many would be interested. Haha. As of 5 pm this Sat, I have 3 seats filled.

Call/text/whatsapp me at ********* to confirm, and we'll see you around. (This number will be deleted on this posting after the brunch tomorrow... ;))

Here's the link for the place if you want to go directly.
http://gothere.sg/maps#q:Newton%20MRT%2 ... ok%20Kurau

If you are unsure how to get there, we'll meet at 11.00 at Newton MRT, and we'll go there together by bus or even taxi.

I'm planning to head for wakeboarding after that. so we got plenty of time to just eat and chat.

I'll see ya!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Brunch & Ice Skating on January 6th, 2013

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 9:30 am

Happy new year everybody!

Okay, first Weekender event of the week will be an event that is made by sford117 in another thread. ftopic92400.html

I've agreed to come too, and so it would be best if we also get a lot more people to join in!

Brunch will be somewhere along the way, I suggest somewhere around Buona Vista - Holland Village, so it's right smack in the middle.

As for the Ice Skating, the best would probably be J-Cube, as that's the biggest one, or perhaps at Kallang Leisure Park, as I would assume we would have less people on the rink, so we wouldn't feel so crowded.

Location's not definite yet, but if you're interested, either PM or e-mail me, or sford117.

Cheers and have a great week ahead.

kamran.khan

Postby kamran.khan » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 11:56 am

Hey folks! I've been here in Singapore since July 2012. I am not making the most of my time here as I don't know anyone apart from my colleagues at work. I think I will struggle to expand my social circle here, because:

1. I don't drink alcohol
2. I am not a party person (clubbing, etc)

Apart from that, I am pretty much up for anything. Joined this forum today, and hoping against hope to connect with people with similar interests. Btw, I LOVE football, a die-hard Gooner.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Singapore Pub Crawl @ Boat Quay and beyond! Jan 11th, 2013

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 09 Jan 2013 12:04 pm

Hey fellas,

I'm sorry for kamran.khan but this particular event is probably not for you.

Me and some friends are already determined to go again for Singapore Pub Crawl this Friday night (11th January).

So come on down at 730 (750 we will probably move to the first bar) to the Pidgeon Statue right by the quay under UOB Towers (Nearest MRT is Raffles Place MRT, go to Exit G) after work/class/a hard day, and have fun finding new friends and perhaps locating new bars that you never tried the atmosphere before. Find the people wearing the SG Pub Crawl T-shirts

The master crawlers will bring you in and perhaps even teach you some new stuff if the group isn't too hectic (which is quite rare though,lol).

4 bars, 1 club, walk-in, $20, free first shots at each bar, and HH rates all the way till the last bar.

Contact me at xxxxxx if you're interested to come along with my group (currently 4 bros), or you can just come with your own group to the event, it's okay. (just tell me about it too! We can have a chat)

Here's the site for the pub crawl http://www.cloudwebproject.com/pub/

PS: For legal reasons, I'm gonna have to say that I'm not in anyway affiliated with the SG Pub Crawl or any bars for advertisement :P
Last edited by Akimbo on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Seafood @ Newton Circus Food Center, Saturday Jan 19th

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:05 pm

Guys and gals, oldies and especially newbies, loosen your belt buckle, let's hang out and "invade" Newton Circus Food Center this Saturday Night 19/1 for Seafood! The place can get pretty crowded, and so anybody who is interested should come early so we can grab the tables! We meet at Newton MRT, 6 pm sharp! Contact me via sms or whatsapp or call if you get lost! xxxxx.

After dinner, it's anybody's suggestion on where to go!!! Cheers and have a nice weekend ahead!
Last edited by Akimbo on Sat, 11 Apr 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Dinner outing at Somerset, 25th Jan

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 9:46 pm

Hey guys and gals...newbies and of course oldies...

Maybe it sounds a little tame, but this weekend, I'm just gonna be making a small dinner outing event, tomorrow Friday evening.

Location is around Somerset. I'm thinking of a small cozy Malay food right near 313.

After that...well...let's just say we're going to crash to one of Singapore Expats...*uhm*...Clubs.

It's Friday, right? :wink: :cool:

Contact me via sms, whatsapp or call through xxxxx.

You can PM me if you like...I'll be monitoring the site for any replies.
Last edited by Akimbo on Sat, 11 Apr 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

alrickc

Postby alrickc » Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:44 am

Hi guys! Is this thread/stuff still going on? I'm looking to meet some new people before I start work in a month. 23/m moved here from Seattle, Washington :) Up for anything!

email or pm me alrick.cheung@gmail.com

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Crawling through Pubs again, 22 Feb 2013

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:41 am

I'm still lurking around the forum as always :twisted:

I just needed to take some time off for vacation from Singapore. It was the Chinese New Year period afterall :D

Anywho, back to the usual business...and because I'm too lazy to make up new words on the same kind of invitation, I'll just post the same words I had said above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are going for Singapore Pub Crawl on Friday night, 22 Feb!

So come on down at 730 (750 we will probably move to the first bar) to the Pidgeon Statue right by the quay under UOB Towers (Nearest MRT is Raffles Place MRT, go to Exit G) after work/class/a hard day, and have fun finding new friends and perhaps locating new bars that you never tried the atmosphere before. Find the people wearing the SG Pub Crawl T-shirts

The master crawlers will bring you in and perhaps even teach you some new stuff if the group isn't too hectic (which is quite rare though,lol).

4 bars, 1 club, walk-in, $20, free first shots at each bar, and HH rates all the way till the last bar.

Contact me at xxxxx if you're interested to come along with my Weekenders crew, or you can just come with your own group to the event, it's okay. (just tell me about it too! We can have a chat)

Here's the site for the pub crawl http://www.cloudwebproject.com/pub/

PS: For legal reasons, I'm gonna have to say that I'm not in anyway affiliated with the SG Pub Crawl or any bars for advertisement :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm still thinking of ideas on what to do on Sunday...hmm...
Last edited by Akimbo on Sat, 11 Apr 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sergii

Postby Sergii » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 8:25 pm

Hi Weekenders.

I love this thread and would really love to join you. I have just requested to join your group on the FB.

I have been here for 2.5 years studying PhD in NUS.

Please, add me to your mailing list if you have any.

My e-mail is sergii.zakharov@gmail.com.

Hope to see you soon.
Sincerely,
Sergii

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Southern Islands Potluck Picnic, March 3rd

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 27 Feb 2013 1:18 pm

Hello everybody!

This weekend is all about fun under the sun right by the beaches of the Southern Islands of Singapore.

Kusu Island and St. John's Island.
http://www.islandcruise.com.sg/

The islands are pretty popular (what I heard) for people to go during the weekends to have picnic and that's what we will do!
Please bring your food and drinks or snacks for breakfast to share with everybody. The more the merrier! Bring your own camera too, as there are also a few sights that are pretty good photo opportunities.

CAUTION: I heard that there aren't any food stands or vending machines on the island. You won't be able to eat or drink anything (if we run out) until we return to Singapore. So be sure to bring your own water bottle at least.

$15 per person for the ferry ride and that's it all the way!

We're meeting at Marina Bay MRT station (Red Line) at 8 am and we will ride the bus 402 (or taxi) together to Marina South Pier to take the ferry at 9 am.

If you're interested to come please confirm by contacting me via whatsapp or text, xxxxx. Or you can contact me via e-mail.

See ya, and have a great week ahead!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Rock Climbing @ Onsight, March 16th 2013

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:13 am

Hi y'all!

Simply put, we are going to Onsight for some indoor top-rope climbing.

Here's the gist of it,

Venue: Onsight Climbing Gym http://onsight.com.sg/
Address: 100 Guillemard Road, Guillemard Village, Singapore 399718
Meeting time: Saturday, 16 March, 11 am onwards
Cost: $16 all day climbing entry, $5 climbing shoe rent, $6 harness and belay device rent. TOTAL $27 for all day climbing. (First time of me going to Onsight...gotta find out whether it's true or not though...)

Experience on climbing not needed for you to just have fun climbing and just hang with new friends.

Experience IS needed for you to belay anybody, as it involves the safety of both the belayer and the climber.

If you have the Level 1 Singapore climbing license already, then we can belay each other, if not you can still come along and I can belay you to the top instead.

Just contact me via PM or phone xxxxx if you're interested.

Cheers and have a good week ahead!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Outdoor Hiking at Macritchie Reservoir, April 7th 2013

Postby Akimbo » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:01 pm

Hi y'all.

Some of us Weekenders will be going on a short hike at Macritchie Reservoir this Sunday and we will go for lunch afterwards (place to be determined)

Gathering time: 10 am
Gathering place: Macritchie Visitor Center

Apparently due to copyright issues of the site, I can't post the map link here, but anyway, just google Macritchie Visitor Center address and find the "street directory .com" site.

I'll leave it up to you on how to get there (because the last time I got there, was by running from Marymount MRT :roll:) but I'd suggest going to Caldecott MRT and walk North East, or take a bus from Mediacorp bus stop. (see again from street directory)

Here's the trail map.
http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/docs/natur ... Trails.pdf
With the visitor center at the bottom right corner.

There are lockers and showers amenities at the visitor center. Unless it's raining cats and dogs, we'll be going no matter what.

Do contact me if you are coming on the day, xxxxx.

Cheers, and have a good weekend ahead.