Singapore Expats Forum

pot luck?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 25 Jun 2012

pot luck?

Postby hohoho80 » Tue, 26 Jun 2012 3:28 am

Hi, apologies if this has been covered before.
I just wanted to know, when u enter the country, is it just pot luck how much the immigration officer allows you to stay on a tourist visa?

I'm from the UK and was hoping to come to Singapore on a fact finding and job hunt for a few months. Was hoping to stay for 90 days. If I don't find anything then just fly home!

User avatar
Posts: 35509
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Jun 2012 6:54 am

Just request 90 days from the immigration officer when you come through immigration. Should be no problem.

Be advised that you cannot rent a flatshare on a tourist visa. You are limited to either hotels or Serviced Apartments. You need a residency visa in order to rent housing/rooms.

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest