Singapore Expats

PEP newbie

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bgemp.12

PEP newbie

Post by bgemp.12 » Sat, 23 Jun 2012 8:52 pm

Hi,

My employer cancelled my EP because I am now PEP holder. Do I still need to notify the MOM regarding my employment status since I'm just continuing the same employer after my PEP approved?

Thanks a lot.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Jun 2012 9:05 pm

From the MOM site........
Requisite Notifications to MOM: PEP holders and their employers will need to keep MOM informed of each change in the PEP holders' employment status (e.g. commencement or cessation of employment) and agree to make available to MOM information on their annual fixed salary. PEP holders will also need to notify MOM of any changes in their contact details viz. local contact person and address.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sun, 24 Jun 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: PEP newbie

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 24 Jun 2012 2:57 pm

bgemp.12 wrote:Hi,

My employer cancelled my EP because I am now PEP holder. Do I still need to notify the MOM regarding my employment status since I'm just continuing the same employer after my PEP approved?

Thanks a lot.
If you are with the same employer, during which you applied for PEP, You need not. They already know. But any change in Salary/New Employer, then you and your employer both need to notify MOM

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 24 Jun 2012 4:14 pm

And just for completeness (in case anyone uses this thread as a reference about PEP notifications in future), details of any change in residential address also need to be passed on to MOM, plus there's also the annual salary declaration requirement.
Be careful what you wish for

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 24 Jun 2012 5:10 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:And just for completeness (in case anyone uses this thread as a reference about PEP notifications in future), details of any change in residential address also need to be passed on to MOM, plus there's also the annual salary declaration requirement.
Just to add this can be done using EP Online directly by the employee.