Singapore Expats

PR and Citizenship timelines for P2 Employment pass holders

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Slover

Post by Slover » Sat, 09 Jun 2012 12:09 am

Thanks sundaymorningstaple.

I am a female :( so NS is out for me.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 09 Jun 2012 12:24 am

So you still wish to take advantage of the cheap housing and other subsidies then?

Slover

Post by Slover » Sat, 09 Jun 2012 1:37 am

Yes JR8 I would make use of the perks of being a Citizen. I am not a saint not to and noone is.

As far as Singapore being a land run by a family, well Singapore is not the only exception. Many countries are run by family dynasties or "old boys club". Why talk about countries, even in companies nepotism rules the day. Actual merit is not valued nowadays. So if you are not born with a golden spoon or do not have a godfather, you just need to live in that system and see the best you can do with it. Doing something constructive is better than bitching the system.

And at the end of the day what you need to see is the larger picture. Even if it is run by a family or whatever...The currency has only appreciated slowly against the American dollar since its short independent life since 1965. For a small and young country it has a good GDP growth and low inflation rates. It is relatively corruption free and is very productive including the government offices. The passport is well recognised and one of the best to travel with hasslefree. Good transport system etc etc etc How many bigger and more established countries can boast of all this? So in my view I think this country has promise.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Jun 2012 11:05 am

Actually, JR8, it sounds to me like she would like to rejoin her family, now that the other half of the family is no longer there. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. If the perks come with it, so be it.

If I were here, I'd surely attempt it AND make sure they know the full story as I think it would be in her favour.

Oh, and a well thought out response to JR8 as well! =D> :)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 09 Jun 2012 11:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually, JR8, it sounds to me like she would like to rejoin her family, now that the other half of the family is no longer there. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. If the perks come with it, so be it.

If I were here, I'd surely attempt it AND make sure they know the full story as I think it would be in her favour.

Oh, and a well thought out response to JR8 as well! =D> :)

I returned from holiday and noticed the apparent number of people here clamouring for SGn status. It does not appear that it is good enough they might get it in 1, 3, 5 years time, they want to know how to get it 'Now', what their chances are, anecdotes from others, expert interpretations of what 'application received' means and so on.

This does not relate to the OP, which is why I made clear from the outset that it doesn't. However the OP launched a defence.

If I were to pursue a course of action, to which I was in some way pretty much entitled and just happened to gain some benefits from it as a result, I don't think I'd be trumpeting those benefits as reasons for taking that course of action in the first place.

I'll refrain from the politics. I value my liberty too much :)

AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AndrewV » Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:17 am

Hi Slover, If the government can see that you are sincere about living in singapore and contributin , they will look upon your application more favorably. along with your PR application, i suggest you write a detailed history of your situation, why you wanted to come back to SG and about your family roots here and the reasons why you had to go back for a bit.
hope it helps. I have many mauritian friends from my NUS undergrad days, all very nice and easy going people, very different from indians from india

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:24 pm

Andrew, you should take the time to read the whole thread. She has already been advised to do just that. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Slover

Post by Slover » Mon, 11 Jun 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks Andrew. That's exactly what I plan to do as soon as it is time to apply. I am keeping a positive attitude but at the same time trying not to keep too much hope. Knowing reality and where I stand helps me in that.

One question that came to mind is : When I go for the PR appointment, does the officer interview me? And is that officer the actual person who will be processing my application?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 12 Jun 2012 1:33 am

Slover wrote: One question that came to mind is : When I go for the PR appointment, does the officer interview me? And is that officer the actual person who will be processing my application?

Does it matter ?
I refrain from commenting since many have given their views and rightly so.
Here is the blunt truth, you left and you came back under P2
. You application will go under the main cohort of application. No special treatment for ex-migrant.
Due to your education background you were fast track to get the EP, that is all you get.
There is no timeline nor basic features to disseminate facts from myth when applying. What you are doing is pulling out strand by stand on the chicken's meat ain't gonna do you any good.
It will cause you more harm than good. it is nauseating
Just wait and hope
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 12 Jun 2012 1:49 am

Mad Scientist wrote: Does it matter ?

Positioning...
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra5 ... ht=#589708

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 12 Jun 2012 4:25 pm

JR8 wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote: Does it matter ?

Positioning...
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra5 ... ht=#589708
You and I know there is more myth than facts on this positioning. No two application is the same
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 12 Jun 2012 5:26 pm

Yeah we both know that, but still it doesn't stop them...