Singapore Expats Forum

EP rejection appeal outcome

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
karthikk_h

EP rejection appeal outcome

Postby karthikk_h » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 12:49 am

Hi everyone,
I am a fresh graduate doing my Masters at NTU.(will get graduated oly in july) Did my bachelors in Anna University India.

Recently I got an offer from a reputed R&D MNC in Singapore, but my EP got rejected. The reasons specified was insufficient supporting documents(transcripts of bachelors).

I learnt that the company has not submitted it earlier for application. Now after the appeal they have submitted it but the case is still pending,

How long it generally takes for appeal outcome?

What are the chances it'll be successful?
Please kindly give your opinions.
I am in need of it URGENTLY

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 6:56 am

How long is a piece of string? If we tell you a day or a month, will it change your plans?

popeyefan

Re: EP rejection appeal outcome

Postby popeyefan » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 8:49 pm

karthikk_h wrote:Hi everyone,
I am a fresh graduate doing my Masters at NTU.(will get graduated oly in july) Did my bachelors in Anna University India.

Recently I got an offer from a reputed R&D MNC in Singapore, but my EP got rejected. The reasons specified was insufficient supporting documents(transcripts of bachelors).

I learnt that the company has not submitted it earlier for application. Now after the appeal they have submitted it but the case is still pending,

How long it generally takes for appeal outcome?

What are the chances it'll be successful?
Please kindly give your opinions.
I am in need of it URGENTLY

Your student pass should be valid for another year i suppose if you fall in the section of majority of masters' candidates from NTU - Course completion in 1 year but the validity of student pass would be two years. In such a scenario, i do not see any threat for your stay/visa.

Just stay patient for a while till the appeal process is through. IF ALL papers are ok and IF MoM is serious about the reason for earlier rejection, refurnishing the transcripts should hopefully see you through.

But again, you aren't safe until you reach the shore. So lets hope for the best!!!