The primary reason, as I understand it, is to prevent Singaporean males from being duped, seeing they are not too clued in when it comes to women. Lot's of PRC women latch onto a local dude for a couple of years, get married and shortly after getting PR, poof! They are gone, divorced the dude after cleaning out his bank account and either on to another or set themselves up here without looking back. Immigration is wise to this so tends to make those people who have married PRC and/or Vietnamese women wait at least two years before allowing the foreign spouse to gain PR. What will tend to speed it up is having a male child shortly after getting married (1+ years). The child will be a Singapore Citizen and required to do National Service.
So, if you don't have any children, you need to remember or learn how to use it, and get busy.
Hi acidrain sorry to post question on your thread, since I don't want to open new thread to a similar question..
I have a situation where I need to get my wife to be a PR. We need PR is to buy HDB, we couldn't afford private property
and rent a room for long terms.
We are going to get marry end of this year, but I'm thinking to get the ROM first asap to have longer "married period"
- SPR for 6 months
- Working and living in Singapore for the past 6 years as employee
- 31 yrs old Indonesian Chinese
My girlfriend status:
- Staying in Singapore for the past 4 years
- Working for 3 years and now she is stop working and studying in private school to get another degree, she is now holding student pass
- 25 yrs old Indonesian Chinese
Her study will finish in 1 year time from now. I'm looking for the highest chance options to get her a PR and to be eligible to purchase HDB.
My current plan:
- ROM with her in Singapore
- Wait for 6 months - 1 year then apply PR for her under the SPR spouse scheme
Thx in advance!