Family with foreigner on TEP pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 10:51 am
Location: Canada

Family with foreigner on TEP pass

Post by yanger » Thu, 31 May 2012 10:31 am

I will be on a Training Employment Pass for 12 months in Singapore. My wife and child (1 year old) will be traveling with me to Singapore. We are all Canadian citizens.

I have searched everywhere for options for long term stay for my wife and child. I understand that dependent and LTSVP passes are only issued for other employment visas and not TEP.

What are my options at this point? Does this mean there is no way my wife and child can accompany me in Singapore??

Thanks beforehand for any help.

User avatar
Posts: 38885
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 May 2012 11:09 am

They might be able to get a 89 day extension after being here on an initial 90 svp. After that they will have to leave the country for a couple of days (5 preferrably) and maybe (only maybe) they may get an additional 90 days visa. Or, they might only give them a 30 day visa. Or they may say they have to leave for a minimum of 6 months. It can go any direction. I would hope they would be lenient but you can never tell.

The safest method, and the least trumatic, would be to leave them home where they are surrounded by their own people and not be subject to the whims of immigration officers who don't follow any set protocol so may allow or disallow as they happen to see fit at the time.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests