hmmm, anybody interested in gun shooting??

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
imacy

hmmm, anybody interested in gun shooting??

Post by imacy » Thu, 24 May 2012 4:28 pm

not paint balls, real gun, real shooting LOL

I am thinking of going to singapore gun club and try some gun shooting during weekend( I never done that before, thats why, LOL) , and they do have 1 day memeber ship which is not very expensive and if anybody interested, maybe can go together?

M

therat
Reporter
Reporter

Post by therat » Thu, 24 May 2012 9:36 pm

http://www.singaporegunclub.com/?Membership

Ordinary Membership is open to only citizens of Singapore and regular servicemen and servicewomen of the Singapore Armed Forces.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 May 2012 10:05 pm

therat,

Asssociate Membership is open to other nationalities as well. The only different between the two is that Full membership has voting rights.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Thu, 24 May 2012 10:36 pm

I am not sure if its expensive by local standards, but I think shooting at this place is VERY expensive (atleast compared to the prices I am used to).

$65 for membership (read 1 day lane fee)

This includes 25 rounds.

I have been shooting for sometime and I can tell you that 25 rounds are good for less than 5 minutes. Before you even realize how to hold the gun properly you would be done with your 25 rounds.

The fee per box of 25 rounds is 20-22.5%

If you were shooting for about an hour (excluding some kind of gun lesson), you are looking at shooting atleast 200 - 300 rounds.

Please brace yourself for spending around 200-250 bucks for basic shooting experience.

I said basic coz from the photos on the website I don't think they have any big guns.

imacy

Post by imacy » Thu, 24 May 2012 11:17 pm

what?! 200+... thats expensive....

well, i never done that before, so I think I will still try 1 time :oops:

tetrag

Post by tetrag » Thu, 24 May 2012 11:45 pm

So how? you going? :roll:

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Thu, 24 May 2012 11:58 pm

imacy wrote:what?! 200+... thats expensive....

I am not trying to discourage you from trying it. Shooting is definitely worth trying atleast once.

I just wanted to set your expectations right based on my experience with those loudly powerful metallic toys.

Try to see if you can get your hands on something like a AR 15 (.223 remington), they are loud and have a decent recoil (yes, you have to stand in proper posture to shoot them)

By all standards, have fun and please come back to share your experience.

imacy

Post by imacy » Fri, 25 May 2012 12:20 am

vishalgupta2 wrote:
imacy wrote:what?! 200+... thats expensive....

I am not trying to discourage you from trying it. Shooting is definitely worth trying atleast once.

I just wanted to set your expectations right based on my experience with those loudly powerful metallic toys.

Try to see if you can get your hands on something like a AR 15 (.223 remington), they are loud and have a decent recoil (yes, you have to stand in proper posture to shoot them)

By all standards, have fun and please come back to share your experience.

Hey, no worries, I understand that. It did took me by surprise that the cost of shooting could be this high, thought 25 rounds would last long so I thought, hmm, 65 dollar is kinda cheap LOL

and agree, worth to try shooting for at least once, so ya I'm so gonna try that :)

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Fri, 25 May 2012 12:26 am

A round is just a bullet. It takes no time to click the trigger and get the bullet flying off ur toy.

btw, I have know someone who thought a round was a magazine full of bullets.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 May 2012 12:43 am

An AR-15 has a recoil? My son is currently doing his NS. During BMT his Weapons Instructor was demonstrating and so forth with the various Singapore rifles when he asked if anybody had every shot a gun before. The only boy in the company was my son. When asked what he was shooting, he replied a 12 gauge Mossberg with a rifled slug. The instructor told him well, you sure don't have anything to be afraid of as everything we have will feel like a pellet gun in comparison.

Use a shotgun if you was something that feels like a gun. Otherwise don't waste your time as you will be disappointed. Or, instead of a rifle, get a pistol. I started hunting with a 12 gauge when I was 12 years old, shot my first 8 point buck at 14. Been hunting ever since. I think there are 23 long guns of various sorts (from .22 to .50 calibre patch & ball flintlock) and 9 pistols (.22 to .45) back on the farm. Gotta watch us ole farmboys! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Fri, 25 May 2012 12:56 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:An AR-15 has a recoil? My son is currently doing his NS. During BMT his Weapons Instructor was demonstrating and so forth with the various Singapore rifles when he asked if anybody had every shot a gun before. The only boy in the company was my son. When asked what he was shooting, he replied a 12 gauge Mossberg with a rifled slug. The instructor told him well, you sure don't have anything to be afraid of as everything we have will feel like a pellet gun in comparison.

Use a shotgun if you was something that feels like a gun. Otherwise don't waste your time as you will be disappointed. Or, instead of a rifle, get a pistol. I started hunting with a 12 gauge when I was 12 years old, shot my first 8 point buck at 14. Been hunting ever since. I think there are 23 long guns of various sorts (from .22 to .50 calibre patch & ball flintlock) and 9 pistols (.22 to .45) back on the farm. Gotta watch us ole farmboys! :lol:
I totally agree with you. Nothing beats a shotgun. I agree AR15 doesn't have lot of recoil but you atleast get to feel something (for a starter like OP, imagine how terrible it would be to shoot a .22 or a .177 rifle). The biggest I have ever tried is a AK-47. Looking to try out a Beltfed machinegun (if I get an appointment) before I move in to Singapore in about 10 days.

As far as ole farmboys thing, hats off to you. I know beyond doubt that the 'ole farmboys' rock. Hats off. I have yet to go hunting, only been doing shooting at the ranges and some at my backyard for a few years.

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Mon, 28 May 2012 1:23 pm

OP: Were you able to go shooting? Had fun?

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Mon, 28 May 2012 4:20 pm

Trying a magnum pistol for the first time is a bit of eye opener! Tore the skin off my thumb with the recoil.

The new S&W 500 would be a laugh!

imacy

Post by imacy » Sat, 02 Jun 2012 8:52 pm

bit of an update for this gun shooting thing.

Yes I did it, wahaha!!!

it was so fun, I expected small gun like pistol but they have shotgun which is soooo cool. Me and friends shot the moving clay targets. 25 rounds, took about 2 hours, cuz I'm total beginner so the trainer has to correct my position almost every time. In the end, 25 target, got 6, not so awful for a newbie i think, hahaha!!! :D

yan3080
Regular
Regular

Post by yan3080 » Fri, 15 Jun 2012 8:15 am

imacy wrote:bit of an update for this gun shooting thing.

Yes I did it, wahaha!!!

it was so fun, I expected small gun like pistol but they have shotgun which is soooo cool. Me and friends shot the moving clay targets. 25 rounds, took about 2 hours, cuz I'm total beginner so the trainer has to correct my position almost every time. In the end, 25 target, got 6, not so awful for a newbie i think, hahaha!!! :D
look like fun and exciting.But i scare i will spend alot .Becoz previous posts mention,25 rounds only last 5 mins. If add on more rounds need to
pay more and more $$.. :?