Singapore Expats

TEP- Urgent Query

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
legalintern

TEP- Urgent Query

Post by legalintern » Thu, 24 May 2012 2:50 am

I'm waiting for my TEP approval set by the HR online on 11th May. It's the 24th and I still have not received it. My classmate with the same credentials got hers in 20 days last year for the same programme at the same institution. I was wondering whether I can go to Singapore on a Social Visit Pass and wait for the approval, rather than wait for the In- principle Approval letter, and then depart. I may save a couple of days if my approval comes only just in time for my internship. I can get my Social Visit Pass for a month, but then will there be a conflict if my TEP gets granted? Do I necessarily HAVE to enter the country under the IPA Single ENtry Visa alone or can I be present o a Social Visit Pass and then collect the TEP on approval?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 May 2012 7:01 am

Not a good idea. Don't spend any money until you know it's approved. Just because you meet the criteria doesn't mean automatic approval. While it's likely to be approved, there is always a chance, for whatever reason, that it won't be. So, unless you have deep pockets and just want to have a holiday, I'd wait.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers