Singapore Expats Forum

Talent Scouting for Mediacorp Channel 5 Docu-Drama Series

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
josclynne

Talent Scouting for Mediacorp Channel 5 Docu-Drama Series

Postby josclynne » Tue, 22 May 2012 12:41 pm

My name is Josclynne and I'm a Casting Director in Singapore currently looking for talents for a Channel 5 Docu-Drama series.

The series is called In Cold Blood Season 2. We had a good run last year and now we're back in production. The series is based on 12 true crime cases that took place in Singapore.

Do take a look at this link for Season 1.

http://video.xin.msn.com/browse/tv/show ... cold+blood

I'm talent scouting through different forums, hoping to discover some foreign talents (especially from the Philippines, Indonesia, Bangladesh and India) as they will play rather crucial roles in the upcoming episodes. The audition and filming dates are scattered in June and July 2012.

If you're interested or know someone else who is, do drop me an email at josclynnecasting@gmail.com.

If you'd like to check up on the production house that's producing this series, it's Filmat36. (www.filmat36.com).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Josclynne
May 22 2012, Tuesday

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 May 2012 12:55 pm

Normally, I would delete this, but I'm going to leave it as I know how hard it is to get people to actually do this. Especially for the pittance they pay. I don't know if they pay more today but the rates never changed in the 18 years I worked for SBC/TCS/MediaCorp (1988~2006) years as a part time actor.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 22 May 2012 12:57 pm

If they asked you, SMS, how much would you ask for? How much is your talent fee now?

:lol:

@OP: I'm Filipino. What role could I be playing? Dead waiter? IT worker #9? Hapless migrant worker looking for a rental room? I'm only on E-pass. Can I legally do this?

:wink:

josclynne

Postby josclynne » Tue, 22 May 2012 1:05 pm

Thank you for not deleting it! It's been a headache trying to find foreign talents to fit the roles.

Well, these are main and supporting roles and even accomplished actors have taken on the previous episodes and found the rates reasonable, so it can't be all that bad now hey?

I can't/shouldn't post the rates in public, sorry so if it's ok, do email me and I'll send over the audition details.

Thank you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 22 May 2012 1:38 pm

nakatago wrote:If they asked you, SMS, how much would you ask for? How much is your talent fee now?

:lol:

@OP: I'm Filipino. What role could I be playing? Dead waiter? IT worker #9? Hapless migrant worker looking for a rental room? I'm only on E-pass. Can I legally do this?

:wink:

I could suggest some more .. but .. it may not be PC anymore ;) wait, I read "HEAD WAITER" ;)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 May 2012 2:11 pm

They are not looking for my "type" as I'm Caucasian. I spend almost 2 decades being their token Ang Moh. Played opposite Zoe, Fann, and most of the other well known "veterans" of Caldecott Hill. Now old man, what! :cool: