Please Help Me Regarding Tenancy

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Dubaiite

Please Help Me Regarding Tenancy

Post by Dubaiite » Mon, 21 May 2012 5:35 pm

I just moved in last month in a condo on one year lease,Came in Singapore 3 months back since my company has relocated me here. I have paid one month rent, one month Deposite and agent fee along with the stamp duty.In my TA, there is diplomatic clause for 6 months also. Now after 3 months only company has transferred me back to my origin. What are the financial implication on me if I terminate the lease right now.

People are saying me to pay atlease 6 months to LL otherwise he can sue me. please guide me with your wast experiences to get rid of it. I can manage if LL forfiet the deposite money but I m not in a position to pay him for six months. Kindly Advise me what can i do to avoid problems in this case, Still I have not informed my LL about this......... Please guide

Singapore Property Search

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 21 May 2012 5:49 pm

If your company transferred you here, and is now transferring you back, they should cover all penalties of lease termination. That is the norm.

You said your diplomatic clause is for "6 months". Does that mean you need to give six months notice, or it does not become active until 6 months into the lease? If you do break it under this clause, how much do you need to pay/how long do you give notice?

I would suggest if you're three months in, and have three months to go before you can exercise this clause, you will likely have to pay three months rent + whatever amount is specified in the normal diplomatic clause.