Applying for student pass after termination of PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:43 pm

Applying for student pass after termination of PR

Post by wraithseeker » Fri, 18 May 2012 10:50 pm

I am 17 years old this year and am currently holding PR and am currently studying in a Junior College, would I still be able to obtain a student pass to continue studying in the JC if I terminate my PR?

Would I get kicked out of the school and out of Singapore if they reject my application for a Student Pass?

User avatar
Posts: 38870
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 May 2012 11:55 pm

Depends on whether or not you have done NS. I'm assuming you are a male. If you are a female, and you give up your PR and subsequently are rejected for a student pass, yeah, you would have to ultimately leave Singapore. If you are a male, you will not get a Student Pass as you are already over 16.5 years of age so are obligated to do your National Service as one of the obligations of having PR. Give it up, you will not be given a student pass and you will either be inducted into the military or tossed out of the country persona non grata.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MikeJones, Russ-in-sg and 27 guests