Singapore Expats Forum

spass rejected same retail industry

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vvb87

Postby vvb87 » Wed, 16 May 2012 11:20 pm

when you first apply to mom they only see trought the online application if i am right?

but with appeal they can see my education paper and all my documents.

than they consider about approve or not?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 May 2012 12:19 am

Not necessarily. They only have to message their verification teams in whatever country you are from or took your degree from and they will already know how you did. In fact, that's why some approvals/denials take longer than others. Some institutions don't have student records computerized so it takes a little longer to get hard copy readouts. They have just about seen every scam you can dream up. They are a lot smarter than you think and a heck of a lot more resourceful as well.

So unless you have credentials that you didn't list in the original application, you are wasting your time appealing, unless the company can come up with some BS story to convince them why they need to hire a foreigner instead of a Singaporean/PR.

vvb87

Postby vvb87 » Thu, 17 May 2012 12:40 am

Ok so its actual the appeal that they double check and consider you get approve or not.

Does country make a big difference; i heard a lot that comapny look for philipino, Indonesia and malaysia.

Europe people have they less chance than the country i just wroted down?

Seems you know a lot of this, did you work for the mom?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 May 2012 6:51 am

You reading comprehension of English, sad to say, leaves a lot to be desired. No, that is NOT what I said. I said, all this is done on the initial application.

During the appeal, either you need a BIG salary increment (and that is only if everything else is not borderline) or you need additional academic criteria, or the Employer needs to further convince MOM the necessity of hiring a foreigner instead of a local.

See my profile for what I do. Your powers of observation need some work as well.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Postby Mi Amigo » Thu, 17 May 2012 1:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Additionally, even if you qualify academically and salary, it still doesn't mean you are "entitled" to an EP/S pass. It only means you can be considered for it. Nothing is guaranteed.

SMS, I think we need to get a big banner put up on the site with this message, as it still seems to be lost on many people. ](*,)
Be careful what you wish for

vvb87

Postby vvb87 » Thu, 17 May 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks for all the time and information.

I know nothing is guarenteed even on appeal or not.

its depends how mom think about me and if i got rejected. of course i will be sad, working in a high branded company its not a easy task.

Thanks, for everything.

some people are confuse after rejections so am i that time.

Thanks i will let you know if i got the approve or not but thanks for the Information!!!