Singapore Expats Forum

Festivals

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 May 2012 11:47 am

AngelJoy wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Baybeats 2012?

My son's band had performed there in 2007 and was asked for a return engagement in 2008. (Caracal). They also played the Beijing Music Festival in 2010 & Montreal Int'l music festival last year.

haha your son playing in Caracal?

little correction:it's Midi Music Festival in Beijing.not beijing music festival.

so you know stu?

I doubt it. I know Leonard but don't know anybody from the agency they recently joined. I don't follow my son's music all that much as it's just not my cup o'tea, although I do have a Caracal "T" shirt that I wear. :) That's why I couldn't remember which festival in Beijing, only that he went. He just did one in Taiwan last month as well (name unknown). Yeah, he was originally the bass player but now he's the mouthpiece of the band (KC)

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Wed, 16 May 2012 1:00 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
AngelJoy wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Baybeats 2012?

My son's band had performed there in 2007 and was asked for a return engagement in 2008. (Caracal). They also played the Beijing Music Festival in 2010 & Montreal Int'l music festival last year.

haha your son playing in Caracal?

little correction:it's Midi Music Festival in Beijing.not beijing music festival.

so you know stu?

I doubt it. I know Leonard but don't know anybody from the agency they recently joined. I don't follow my son's music all that much as it's just not my cup o'tea, although I do have a Caracal "T" shirt that I wear. :) That's why I couldn't remember which festival in Beijing, only that he went. He just did one in Taiwan last month as well (name unknown). Yeah, he was originally the bass player but now he's the mouthpiece of the band (KC)

haha you're KC's father.I dont really listen to their stuff but heard about them from my friend Stu from time to time coz he was getting them to play in Beijing.that's why:)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 May 2012 1:21 pm

Yeah, but there is considerable difference between the two of us, although he likes Johnny Cash, which means he still has a few redeeming qualities. :cool:

There you go..... 6° of separation

AnnieTran

Thanks

Postby AnnieTran » Wed, 16 May 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks all for the information! Great to have this topic with all the events around so we can enjoy more Singapore!

AjitS

Postby AjitS » Wed, 16 May 2012 10:05 pm

Guys thanks for the usefull information.. Especially budsy as no doubt will try both your suggestions.