Singapore Expats

Special Education/Autism

Are you looking for a Special Needs School for your child? Discuss the options here.
lisaadlina

Special Education/Autism

Post by lisaadlina » Sun, 13 May 2012 6:27 am

Hi,

Is there anyone knows about the Special Education for special children in Singapore? Looking for school for 7 years old special needs kid.

Thank you

Sincerely,
Lisa

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 14 May 2012 2:37 pm

Your question is pretty general. I would suggest to follow this link:
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/search.php

with the key-word autism and you will get nice number of relate threads. Later, if you still have some question please try to be more specific and tell what exactly you are looking for. A private school? A public school? Where on the spectrum is your kid? This will help other people to help you.

fwmiao

Re: Special Education/Autism

Post by fwmiao » Sun, 28 Jul 2013 2:25 pm

[quote="lisaadlina"]Hi,

Is there anyone knows about the Special Education for special children in Singapore? Looking for school for 7 years old special needs kid.

Thank you

Sincerely,
Lisa[b][/b][/quote]

Hi Lisa,

There are therapists whom you can consider engaging, depending on what special needs you are referring to. There are such centres in Orchard area.

If you are talking about structured education facilities, there are schools which cater to various special needs too.

Try checking out the profile for Pathlight school and Eden school.

Hope this helps!

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sun, 28 Jul 2013 7:40 pm

When I was looking for schools I came across this one. http://www.iis.com.sg/ Not what we needed but I found the website interesting, they seem very individual approach. Not a recc because I know nothing more than that but maybe a starting point?