Singapore Expats

short term visit pass after student pass is cancelled

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 08 May 2012 2:11 am

short term visit pass after student pass is cancelled

Post by mogumogu91 » Tue, 08 May 2012 2:23 am

My student pass will be cancelled early july, after that i will automatically get a short term visit pass. I'm planning to continue my study, but if i don't get accepted i'll be looking for a job. This means if i don't get accepted i'll apply for long term visit pass so i can stay longer in singapore to look for a job.

I am currently looking for a place to stay starting from early july, so i'll be moving in before my student pass expired, but i noticed that short term visit pass is not allowed to rent a room in hdb or condo. So what will happen during the time i'm on short term visit pass waiting for long term visit pass application to be approved? Does that mean i cannot rent any room before i get the long term visit pass??

User avatar
Posts: 6869
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Once more unto the breach

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 08 May 2012 9:38 am

You will need to stay with a friend, or rent a hostel, hotel, or Service Apartment.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests