Suitable condos

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Post Reply
Mumbai expat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 04 May 2012 6:57 pm

Suitable condos

Post by Mumbai expat » Fri, 04 May 2012 7:09 pm

Hi

I am a British businessman currently in Mumbai. Thinking of relocating to Singapore within the next four or five months for a one to two year period.

As will be travelling a lot will not need a very expensive condo but would like something that is easily assessible for both Clarke Quay MRT and the airport. Must be within a ten minute walk of a MRT station (probably closer to the airport). Would prefer also some shops within a ten minute walk as unlikely to have private transport.

Was thinking of a furnished condo between 1,500 sq ft to 2,000 sq ft with three bedrooms and two bathrooms with a maximum rent of 5,000 Sing dollars per month. Must have pool, gym and tennis courts.

Can anyone suggest any suitable condos?

Thanks

Singapore Property Search

 

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8352
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Fri, 04 May 2012 7:17 pm

You can try looking for some in their repertoire. Try the property search of the site.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Mumbai expat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 04 May 2012 6:57 pm

Post by Mumbai expat » Fri, 04 May 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks but I was really looking to short cut things by getting some personal recommendations of suitable condos as I do not know Singapore well enough to decide quickly what condo blocks would be suitable.

User avatar
aster
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1599
Joined: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:15 pm

Post by aster » Fri, 04 May 2012 9:07 pm

Hmmm, you need to be next to the green (or red) MRT line and you also want to be close to CQ.

You might want to do a search above and see if anything is available at Riverwalk Apartments.

Otherwise your best bet is something close to Outram Park MRT, not only is it walking distance to CQ, but you have two subway lines there (one that goes to CQ, and another that goes to the airport).

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16522
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Fri, 04 May 2012 9:58 pm

aster wrote:Hmmm, you need to be next to the green (or red) MRT line and you also want to be close to CQ.

You might want to do a search above and see if anything is available at Riverwalk Apartments.

Otherwise your best bet is something close to Outram Park MRT, not only is it walking distance to CQ, but you have two subway lines there (one that goes to CQ, and another that goes to the airport).
Passing thought: If he can afford a condo of that size within walking distance of CQ I don't see him as the kind of person who'll be relying on taking the MRT all the way to Changi.

yakw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 1:03 pm

Re: Suitable condos

Post by yakw » Mon, 18 Jun 2012 2:23 pm

Mumbai expat wrote:Hi

I am a British businessman currently in Mumbai. Thinking of relocating to Singapore within the next four or five months for a one to two year period.

As will be travelling a lot will not need a very expensive condo but would like something that is easily assessible for both Clarke Quay MRT and the airport. Must be within a ten minute walk of a MRT station (probably closer to the airport). Would prefer also some shops within a ten minute walk as unlikely to have private transport.

Was thinking of a furnished condo between 1,500 sq ft to 2,000 sq ft with three bedrooms and two bathrooms with a maximum rent of 5,000 Sing dollars per month. Must have pool, gym and tennis courts.

Can anyone suggest any suitable condos?

Thanks
How often do you go to the airport? With all the luggages I assume you'd be taking a cab. Everywhere in Singapore is within a half an hour drive to the airport so you don't have to be concerned about close proximity to the airport then.

Mumbai expat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 04 May 2012 6:57 pm

Post by Mumbai expat » Mon, 18 Jun 2012 3:06 pm

You are right in that getting to the airport is not a big issue but would prefer something east rather than west to save a bit of time and cost.

Have had a quick look at a few condos already but results have not been great. Ones near MRT statioms in the East have been a bit dated and surprisingly there is not as large a number of condos next to the stations as to what I was expecting.

Am now thinking of something along the NE line so any suggestions of good buildings with 5 mins walk of the MRT would be appreciated.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39643
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Suitable condos

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Jun 2012 3:12 pm

yakw wrote:Everywhere in Singapore is within a half an hour drive to the airport so you don't have to be concerned about close proximity to the airport then.
:o

Remind me to never EVER get into a car with you. You must be doing speeds near the speed of a certain 599 GTO Ferrari recently. [-X
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6869
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Suitable condos

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 18 Jun 2012 5:54 pm

yakw wrote:
How often do you go to the airport? With all the luggages I assume you'd be taking a cab. Everywhere in Singapore is within a half an hour drive to the airport so you don't have to be concerned about close proximity to the airport then.
If everywhere in Singapore is the area roughly boarded by CTE/PIE/ECP, and maybe 1-2km passed in any direction, sure. Or, if "everywhere in Singapore" really means "everywhere in Singapore at 3am", then maybe half the island.

yakw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 1:03 pm

Post by yakw » Mon, 18 Jun 2012 8:48 pm

I realize it's (quite) an exaggeration! It would be more accurate to say anywhere east of Singapore, during non peak hour. Thanks to sundaymorningstaple and zzzm9980 for the correction. :oops:

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5281
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Suitable condos

Post by the lynx » Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:02 pm

yakw wrote:
Mumbai expat wrote:Hi

I am a British businessman currently in Mumbai. Thinking of relocating to Singapore within the next four or five months for a one to two year period.

As will be travelling a lot will not need a very expensive condo but would like something that is easily assessible for both Clarke Quay MRT and the airport. Must be within a ten minute walk of a MRT station (probably closer to the airport). Would prefer also some shops within a ten minute walk as unlikely to have private transport.

Was thinking of a furnished condo between 1,500 sq ft to 2,000 sq ft with three bedrooms and two bathrooms with a maximum rent of 5,000 Sing dollars per month. Must have pool, gym and tennis courts.

Can anyone suggest any suitable condos?

Thanks
How often do you go to the airport? With all the luggages I assume you'd be taking a cab. Everywhere in Singapore is within a half an hour drive to the airport so you don't have to be concerned about close proximity to the airport then.
I would like to seriously question that estimation! (although I know you already corrected yourself :P)

I take cabs from my office in Tuas area to Loyang area (close to the airport) about twice a week and I swear that it takes blinking an hour plus! :P

Nishith Shekdar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:39 am

Relocating to Singapore from India!

Post by Nishith Shekdar » Sat, 07 Jul 2012 9:44 pm

Hi! You could look at several nice, furnished, condo apartments in the Tanjong Katong area (near Paya Lebar MRT). This would be basically in and around Ipoh Lane, Butterworth Lane, Haig Road, etc. which are about 5 mins. walk from the Paya Lebar MRT and the grocery/shopping areas.

It is also a short drive to East Coast Park from there. Being just outside the CBD area, the prices are quite reasonable and Changi Airport by taxi is 15 mins via ECP (East Coast Parkway) or about 35 mins by the MRT.

I previously lived in Singapore for more than 10 years and am quite familiar with Singapore. I have now relocated to India and am based in Pune, Maharashtra.

Regards,
Nishith Shekdar

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Property Talk, Housing & Rental”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests