Singapore Expats

Bigger Cold Storage in the East

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Bigger Cold Storage in the East

Post by wannamove » Thu, 26 Apr 2012 8:47 am

I usually go to the Siglap Cold Storage but last weekend I was at Great World City and the Cold Storage there floored me. I loved it. Is there a big Cold Storage in the East?

Thank you

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 26 Apr 2012 1:25 pm

Downstairs at Parkway Parade

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 26 Apr 2012 4:09 pm

You can also try the supermarket in the basement at i12 Katong. Owned by same chain that owns Cold Storage, but consider more "upscale". Both it and the CS @ PP are much nicer than the Siglap one.

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Thu, 26 Apr 2012 7:08 pm

There's another one at the Eastwood Centre, on Bedok Road, opposite Bedok hawker centre. It's not bad, but neither PP or Eastwood are as big as GWC. I'm yet to try the new one at Changi City mall, behind Expo.

The one at 112 Katong is a 'Market Place' and a little more expensive than cold storage, although they are owned by the same people, they don't issue stamps if you are collecting them. I made that mistake once when I shopped at market place in Paragon and asked where my stamps were. :oops:

wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wannamove » Wed, 02 May 2012 1:34 pm

Thanks everyone! Never realized there was a Cold Storage at PP - I always head to the Giant there. Need to try it out soon. I have been to the Eastwood Cold Storage and it is better than the Siglap one but not great.

The Market place at 112 Katong - rip-off! Did not find half the items I wanted and paid more than I usually do

Thanks again

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 02 May 2012 4:26 pm

wannamove wrote: The Market place at 112 Katong - rip-off! Did not find half the items I wanted and paid more than I usually do

Thanks again
That's because it's "Premium" :D :D

Modery

Post by Modery » Wed, 02 May 2012 6:26 pm

Other option: Kallang Leisure Park (next to the Indoor Stadium). They've got a CS downstairs

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Wed, 02 May 2012 10:02 pm

wannamove wrote:Thanks everyone! Never realized there was a Cold Storage at PP - I always head to the Giant there. Need to try it out soon. I have been to the Eastwood Cold Storage and it is better than the Siglap one but not great.

The Market place at 112 Katong - rip-off! Did not find half the items I wanted and paid more than I usually do

Thanks again
I try not to go in there if I can help it because I can easily spend nearly $100 and have nothing to show for it. My other pet hate is that the checkouts are never open, only the tobacco counter which has way to much chocolate within easy reach for my 3 year old.

wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wannamove » Thu, 03 May 2012 10:09 am

snowqueen wrote: My other pet hate is that the checkouts are never open, only the tobacco counter which has way to much chocolate within easy reach for my 3 year old.
I totally agree with the chocolate and candy - it is way too tempting for my daughter and drives me nuts

wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wannamove » Mon, 07 May 2012 4:32 pm

Modery wrote:Other option: Kallang Leisure Park (next to the Indoor Stadium). They've got a CS downstairs
I was not blown away by the PP CS - need to try this one next

Thank you

Modery

Post by Modery » Mon, 07 May 2012 5:50 pm

wannamove wrote:
Modery wrote:Other option: Kallang Leisure Park (next to the Indoor Stadium). They've got a CS downstairs
I was not blown away by the PP CS - need to try this one next

Thank you
Larger than PP, but smaller than Great World City. Of course I can't compare the product range, I only buy a few items there when I'm nearby for lunch.

wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wannamove » Mon, 07 May 2012 8:23 pm

snowqueen wrote:There's another one at the Eastwood Centre, on Bedok Road, opposite Bedok hawker centre. It's not bad, but neither PP or Eastwood are as big as GWC. I'm yet to try the new one at Changi City mall, behind Expo.

The one at 112 Katong is a 'Market Place' and a little more expensive than cold storage, although they are owned by the same people, they don't issue stamps if you are collecting them. I made that mistake once when I shopped at market place in Paragon and asked where my stamps were. :oops:
I frequent the Eastwood Centre place - I live equi-distance from Siglap and the Eastwood one. But the range of products and their produce section blew me away. I have been to the one near Expo - it is nice bigger than Eastwood - more like PP.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 08 May 2012 10:50 am

wannamove wrote:
snowqueen wrote:There's another one at the Eastwood Centre, on Bedok Road, opposite Bedok hawker centre. It's not bad, but neither PP or Eastwood are as big as GWC. I'm yet to try the new one at Changi City mall, behind Expo.

I frequent the Eastwood Centre place - I live equi-distance from Siglap and the Eastwood one. But the range of products and their produce section blew me away. I have been to the one near Expo - it is nice bigger than Eastwood - more like PP.
So Eastwood is better than PP then? I'll have to try it with my wife.
So far, my wife has a silly benchmark - their range of yogurts. So far, she hasn't been to a CS with all of the yogurts she likes (one for her, one for our daughter) except PP. (Even that one only has the right ones half the time). We haven't tried Eastwood or GWC though.

wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wannamove » Tue, 08 May 2012 1:16 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
wannamove wrote:

So Eastwood is better than PP then? I'll have to try it with my wife.
So far, my wife has a silly benchmark - their range of yogurts. So far, she hasn't been to a CS with all of the yogurts she likes (one for her, one for our daughter) except PP. (Even that one only has the right ones half the time). We haven't tried Eastwood or GWC though.
Oh no! I will not say Eastwood is better than PP. Eastwood is better than Siglap. Expo (changi point mall) is as good as PP - maybe slightly better. But the best CS I have been to is GWC.