Singapore Expats

Moving Singapore and hope to find a work - property industry

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ThePrincess

Moving Singapore and hope to find a work - property industry

Post by ThePrincess » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 6:52 pm

Hi all,

I have been reading the forum for some months now and just registered to get some advice on my job perspective / opportunity in Singapore.

I will be on long term visa as my partner will have P1. He is moving to Singapore first (in June) and I am planning to go a few months after him.

My biggest concern is where I stand in my own job situation in Singapore.

I am Korean citizen living in Australia. I have worked as accounts officer and accountant in property management companies for last 3 half years. I finish my BComm in australia, but still undertaking CPA and hope to finish it end of this year. In my old time, I have worked in international trading & sales - electronic components and did well.

I made the career change from int. sales to accounting, property industry in particular. I look Singapore jobs on line every day, think I would just have to do anything in worst situation, like where Korean language skill seems to lead some customer service or store sales (I have experience in store sales at high-end luxury stores in Sydney). But that is not quite what I would like to do.

I hope I can get a job that allows me to continue building my experiences as property accountant........

I started to worry and a bit stressed since I am unsure what I should expect and where I stand regarding applying jobs..

It is very exciting change for us and happy for this move, but when I have to start all over again, phewwww...:(