Singapore Expats Forum

Dr. Prinya - Hat Yai/Thailand

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.

Do you choose a doctor based on...

Experiences
7
47%
Skills
2
13%
Prices
2
13%
What others have said (Expats Forum)
3
20%
Your own judgment after meeting them
1
7%
Who ever is available at the moment
0
No votes
Recommendations
0
No votes
Aadvark
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 15

laalaalaaa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby laalaalaaa » Tue, 01 May 2012 9:25 pm

Anyway I found Dr Prinya website.

http://www.clinicdrprinya.com/menu_deta ... menu_id=62

His rates are pretty reasonable!

User avatar
krispy
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue, 02 Mar 2010

Postby krispy » Wed, 02 May 2012 2:42 pm

aadvark wrote:
krispy wrote:Oh and I forgot to add... I didn't take a BUS, I took a PLANE than hop on a TRAIN from Bangkok to Hat Yai :P


Hi krispy, you know there are direct flights to hatyai right?


Hi Aadvark nice to meet u, your a legend on here ;)

Am actually coming from Bangkok and to book one way flight to Hat Yai its about Bt2000. The train is cheaper and better if your a tourist like me :)

User avatar
krispy
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue, 02 Mar 2010

Postby krispy » Wed, 02 May 2012 3:20 pm

laalaalaaa wrote:Hi Krispy thanks for all the info you have provided. Appreciate this alot :) I'm new here, and I'm thinking of getting double eye lid, rhinoplasty and maybe alarplasty with Nara later this year but still a little fickle minded to whether if I should get rhinoplasty. Had read about the doctors in Hatyai on the other forum and some were quite happy after their surgeries but wondering how they are all doing now after so many years..


Hi laalaalaaa, you should ask Aadvark, he has alot of experience on this subject and he is probably the 1st person on this forum who went to Dr. Nara, I know this because I have read through all the pages on the forum that has anything to do with plastic surgery.

In my opinion I think alot of people are happy because if they weren't they would be mad and posting all of their complaints. I think it would be selfish of anybody who had a bad surgery not to post it and warn others.

If you are unhappy with your eyes and nose and have the money to do something about it, than JUST DO IT! You only live once right?

If you are afraid of having a bad nose job there are other ways to change the shape of your nose without cosmetic surgery.

If I come across that information again, I will post the info. It's just like liposuction there are many other options, like you can inject something into your skin to melt the fat. They offer that in Hat Yai for under Bt2000 but you would have to do it each week until you reach your goal. I don't have that kind of time.

Eye surgery and nose surgery actually makes alot of people look more attractive. I know people who has had it done but me personally I would not do it because it's a dead give a way to ME having plastic surgery.

Anyways just post a question to Aadvark am sure he has all the answers he's very helpful. I was new once in 2010, just a rookie now I know a bit more. I have only done liposuction, am going again this summer to do lipo and get breast implants.

My advice, when you know you are ready, book a flight to Hat Yai and talk to some of the doctors there first before you decide which doctor you want operating on you. Goodluck :)

User avatar
krispy
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue, 02 Mar 2010

TRAIN FROM BANGKOK TO HAT YAI

Postby krispy » Wed, 02 May 2012 4:01 pm

Hey if anybody is coming from BANGKOK, I think taking a train is better than taking a bus. Aadvark did mention there is a direct flight to HAT YAI, but honestly from experience, I enjoy the train better.

I paid Bt555 2nd Class because 1st class was full, 1st class is AC, but you don't need it much cuz you get a nice breeze from the big open window in 2nd class. At night they push the seats up and pull the beds out. They place new sheets and pillow case on each bed, top and bottom bunks.

I enjoyed the scenery and seeing the different people who come on the train each stop selling food and drinks. I got the opportunity to see a bit of each city. It was fun waving to the kids (I didn't know whether they were saying hi or bye) I just smiled and wave back.

If your not in a rush to get to Hat Yai, this is a good experience. I saved a day of not having to pay for hotel :D and experience different side of Thailand I may never see or know if I flew.

When you reach Hat Yai it cost Bt20-Bt40 to get into the city, or you could just walk it's like 10-15mins walk. If you flew into Hat Yai, you will likely get rip off and pay bt300-Bt400 more just to get into the city. I got ripped off as well, the guy charge me Bt60 when it should be Bt20, it's no big deal but look at the price difference. The cost of a taxi to Hat Yai from the airport is close to the cost of my train ride to Hat Yai. 8-)

I rather use the money I could have wasted flying, on food and shopping or maybe get my hair and nails done, or a massage :D

Jus a a suggestion if you on a budget.

laalaalaaa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby laalaalaaa » Wed, 02 May 2012 11:33 pm

krispy wrote:
laalaalaaa wrote:Hi Krispy thanks for all the info you have provided. Appreciate this alot :) I'm new here, and I'm thinking of getting double eye lid, rhinoplasty and maybe alarplasty with Nara later this year but still a little fickle minded to whether if I should get rhinoplasty. Had read about the doctors in Hatyai on the other forum and some were quite happy after their surgeries but wondering how they are all doing now after so many years..


Hi laalaalaaa, you should ask Aadvark, he has alot of experience on this subject and he is probably the 1st person on this forum who went to Dr. Nara, I know this because I have read through all the pages on the forum that has anything to do with plastic surgery.

In my opinion I think alot of people are happy because if they weren't they would be mad and posting all of their complaints. I think it would be selfish of anybody who had a bad surgery not to post it and warn others.

If you are unhappy with your eyes and nose and have the money to do something about it, than JUST DO IT! You only live once right?

If you are afraid of having a bad nose job there are other ways to change the shape of your nose without cosmetic surgery.

If I come across that information again, I will post the info. It's just like liposuction there are many other options, like you can inject something into your skin to melt the fat. They offer that in Hat Yai for under Bt2000 but you would have to do it each week until you reach your goal. I don't have that kind of time.

Eye surgery and nose surgery actually makes alot of people look more attractive. I know people who has had it done but me personally I would not do it because it's a dead give a way to ME having plastic surgery.

Anyways just post a question to Aadvark am sure he has all the answers he's very helpful. I was new once in 2010, just a rookie now I know a bit more. I have only done liposuction, am going again this summer to do lipo and get breast implants.

My advice, when you know you are ready, book a flight to Hat Yai and talk to some of the doctors there first before you decide which doctor you want operating on you. Goodluck :)


Hehe he did share with me over in the Thailand/Hatyai forum but I want to hear more from others!! Read that one suddenly have infection after a year with Nara :| Btw, infection happens because its dirty or your body is not able to accept the obj?

vanet_00
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 09 Feb 2012

Re: Dr. Prinya - Hat Yai/Thailand

Postby vanet_00 » Thu, 03 May 2012 10:27 am

krispy wrote:Hi everyone, I just wanted to start this thread for people who has been to Dr. Prinya for ANY Cosmetic Surgery to share their experiences. I give up trying to get a slot with Dr. Nara. And Dr. Chi is in and out of Hat Yai, I have emailed him and he has mentioned that if price is not a factor to book with him at the Hospital he currently work at. Well, money does not come easily for me and I choose to have my surgery done in Hat Yai. The low price the doctors are charging in Hat Yai is mainly due to the low cost of living in the region, it has NOTHING to do with their lack of skills, trainings or experience.

I have researched for many years and read many threads about Cosmetic Surgery in Thailand. In 2010 I decided to go through with my first Plastic Surgery. I was scared just like everybody else about travelling alone, getting robbed, murdered or maybe dying at the clinic in the middle of surgery, worst of all I thought "what if I end up looking worst than before?". Anyways I arrived in Bangkok during that Red shirt, Yellow shirt protest. At the time the King has declared that the whole country be put on a curfew so basically if you are found outside after 8pm I think, "they" will shoot you :shock:

Believe it or not I was not scared of that whole situation with the protester and government, I was more concern with my surgery going wrong. Well I arrived at 11pm so I had to wait until morning to catch the Airport Express to the Rail Train Station. The cost is 150bht alot cheaper than a taxi. You can take it to Khaosan Rd and other main places as well just go check the schedule if you arrive by Air.

Hat Yai is a very small town, no crimes (not that I know off) friendly people, cheap shopping place especially at the Weekend Market Place.
I bought clothes for 100-200bht. You don't need to pack much with you, everything can be purchased for cheap. I spent alot of time in the mall because I go use the internet plus it's AC :D

I had surgery done with Dr Nara, very nice, patient, professional man. I had liposuction done I was told to watch what I eat and to diet. When your in Thailand and the food is cheap and delicious it's hard to say No to your stomach and taste buds. I wanted to try everything and I mean everything. Liposuction makes you swollen. But after 3 months you see the actual result. Its now 2012 and am headed back to Hat Yai for Surgery again. I put on weight and it went to other places like when I use to gain weight it went to my lower body now when I gain weight I gain it in my upper body like my arms are fat, my face as well and my breasts (that I like) 8-)

If you want something extreme don't go to Dr Nara, he likes that 'natural' look. He suck alot of fat out but I wished he sucked out more. Dr. Putt does Liposuction but its the old way and you spend a night in the hospital, I was told by somebody who had their breast done by Dr. Putt and she said he did a very good job. I was also told Dr. Prinya liposuction skills is good, he takes alot of fat out (that I like). I was told Dr. Chi did a good job on Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation and skillful in the face.

Don't get surgery done based on what you read or heard. Use that information and go meet the Dr. and talk with the Dr. If he rushes you in the consultation room, chances are he might rush in the surgery room. When I met with Dr Nara, I spoke with the patients in the waiting room, and looked at some of the treatments that he did (he has a book in his office with pictures of his patients) and i spoke with his nurses as well. In my point of view if everybody I meet is nice to me and addresses some of my concerns chances are if something is to happen I will know they will be kind enough to help me and are concern with my well being.

There is 4 doctors in Hat Yai that I know of, I have heard good and bad things about each I don't based my choice on that, I believe not everybody is perfect, doctors are human and they may make one or two mistakes, I have not heard of these 4 doctors making that same mistake twice.

I am planning my trip and surgery and hoping to get it done by July. Am planning on staying there long so I can recover safely in case of any complications. I want to get liposuction and breast augmentation am considering Dr. Prinya because I can have both procedures done with the same doctor. I think Dr. Nara and Dr. Chi does Saline only. I forget which doctor ran out of Silicone, but am hoping to get Silicone because it has a much more natural feel. I would consider Dr Putt but he doesn't do the tumescent liposuction. Am really considering Dr. Prinya but not many people went to him or talked about him on the forum. I want to know that Dr Prinya is experienced because that is my first priority when choosing a doctor.

If anybody has experience with him please post. I will post some more information on this thread up until my surgery and after post op.

Thanks in advance :)


Hi there,
Have u visited Dr Prinya yet?
Any reviews to share?

User avatar
krispy
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue, 02 Mar 2010

Re: Dr. Prinya - Hat Yai/Thailand

Postby krispy » Thu, 03 May 2012 4:57 pm

Hi there,
Have u visited Dr Prinya yet?
Any reviews to share?


Hi, I haven't visited him yet, I plan on going in a few months. Its the reason why I made this thread, but than I got bored and decided to post information for the public and newbies who are interested in having surgery in Hat Yai or Bangkok.

Plus if am ever in Hat Yai and need information I can come back on here and look over the post.

I will post my journey and let those who might be interested in Dr Prinya know how everything went. I don't lie so everything you read will be my honest opinion and experience. And I do plan on taking pictures and posting it here. Not of me.. but the clinics, hospital anything to do with Thailand and Plastic Surgery.

My first stop is Yanhee Hospital I have to talk to the doctor about some procedures for a friend.

I heard nothing but positive about Dr. Prinya that is why am going to him first, my second choice is Dr Chi. I suggest if your interested in getting surgery to email the doctors first with your questions. Make its short and simple and they will reply fast. Good Luck!

vanet_00
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 09 Feb 2012

Re: Dr. Prinya - Hat Yai/Thailand

Postby vanet_00 » Thu, 03 May 2012 5:04 pm

krispy wrote:
Hi there,
Have u visited Dr Prinya yet?
Any reviews to share?


Hi, I haven't visited him yet, I plan on going in a few months. Its the reason why I made this thread, but than I got bored and decided to post information for the public and newbies who are interested in having surgery in Hat Yai or Bangkok.

Plus if am ever in Hat Yai and need information I can come back on here and look over the post.

I will post my journey and let those who might be interested in Dr Prinya know how everything went. I don't lie so everything you read will be my honest opinion and experience. And I do plan on taking pictures and posting it here. Not of me.. but the clinics, hospital anything to do with Thailand and Plastic Surgery.

My first stop is Yanhee Hospital I have to talk to the doctor about some procedures for a friend.

I heard nothing but positive about Dr. Prinya that is why am going to him first, my second choice is Dr Chi. I suggest if your interested in getting surgery to email the doctors first with your questions. Make its short and simple and they will reply fast. Good Luck!


Hi, thanks for the fast response.
Im thinking of getting a nose job, but am unsure which doc to go to.
How do u determine which doc to go to?
What r u gng to prinya to do?

User avatar
krispy
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue, 02 Mar 2010

Postby krispy » Thu, 03 May 2012 5:54 pm

laalaalaaa wrote:Hehe he did share with me over in the Thailand/Hatyai forum but I want to hear more from others!! Read that one suddenly have infection after a year with Nara :| Btw, infection happens because its dirty or your body is not able to accept the obj?


LoL I can tell u from experience Dr Nara does small operations at his clinic and big ones at the hospital. I had to wear a hospital gown and was bare foot when I went to the back room. Everyone that enters that room had to put on gown, mask and gloves. They spend more time cleaning and sterilizing the equipment than the actual operation. The place is VERY clean.

If one person had an infection out of say thousands who had surgery in that same office, the problem is not the clinic but the person. Not everyone is going to have a successful surgery, I believe the person was either allergic to the medication or the body was weak to begin with.

For my surgery I made sure I went to see my family doctor, did a checkup and took medications to prevent me from getting sick. I spent $300us for precautions. Its dangerous to have surgery what if your allergic to the medication injected into your body? that can lead to a sudden death.

The Dr's don't know your health history so be honest.

Am the kind of person who drink bottled water and don't take medications for anything. I brush my teeth with bottled water, trust me, I was there the place is clean. Its safe.

vanet_00
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 09 Feb 2012

Postby vanet_00 » Thu, 03 May 2012 6:55 pm

krispy wrote:
laalaalaaa wrote:Hehe he did share with me over in the Thailand/Hatyai forum but I want to hear more from others!! Read that one suddenly have infection after a year with Nara :| Btw, infection happens because its dirty or your body is not able to accept the obj?


LoL I can tell u from experience Dr Nara does small operations at his clinic and big ones at the hospital. I had to wear a hospital gown and was bare foot when I went to the back room. Everyone that enters that room had to put on gown, mask and gloves. They spend more time cleaning and sterilizing the equipment than the actual operation. The place is VERY clean.

If one person had an infection out of say thousands who had surgery in that same office, the problem is not the clinic but the person. Not everyone is going to have a successful surgery, I believe the person was either allergic to the medication or the body was weak to begin with.

For my surgery I made sure I went to see my family doctor, did a checkup and took medications to prevent me from getting sick. I spent $300us for precautions. Its dangerous to have surgery what if your allergic to the medication injected into your body? that can lead to a sudden death.

The Dr's don't know your health history so be honest.

Am the kind of person who drink bottled water and don't take medications for anything. I brush my teeth with bottled water, trust me, I was there the place is clean. Its safe.


I just spoke to Dr Prinya.
I asked him about rhinoplasty n alarplasty.
He did also recommend me on doing fillers for alar. He says it lasts 2 yrs min. Quick, easy, n not so painful.. definitely no downtime.
Theres a huge debate on permanent vs fillers..
So whats your take?
Are fillers harmful in the long run?

laalaalaaa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 18 Apr 2012

Postby laalaalaaa » Fri, 04 May 2012 1:08 am

vanet_00 wrote:
krispy wrote:
laalaalaaa wrote:Hehe he did share with me over in the Thailand/Hatyai forum but I want to hear more from others!! Read that one suddenly have infection after a year with Nara :| Btw, infection happens because its dirty or your body is not able to accept the obj?


LoL I can tell u from experience Dr Nara does small operations at his clinic and big ones at the hospital. I had to wear a hospital gown and was bare foot when I went to the back room. Everyone that enters that room had to put on gown, mask and gloves. They spend more time cleaning and sterilizing the equipment than the actual operation. The place is VERY clean.

If one person had an infection out of say thousands who had surgery in that same office, the problem is not the clinic but the person. Not everyone is going to have a successful surgery, I believe the person was either allergic to the medication or the body was weak to begin with.

For my surgery I made sure I went to see my family doctor, did a checkup and took medications to prevent me from getting sick. I spent $300us for precautions. Its dangerous to have surgery what if your allergic to the medication injected into your body? that can lead to a sudden death.

The Dr's don't know your health history so be honest.

Am the kind of person who drink bottled water and don't take medications for anything. I brush my teeth with bottled water, trust me, I was there the place is clean. Its safe.


I just spoke to Dr Prinya.
I asked him about rhinoplasty n alarplasty.
He did also recommend me on doing fillers for alar. He says it lasts 2 yrs min. Quick, easy, n not so painful.. definitely no downtime.
Theres a huge debate on permanent vs fillers..
So whats your take?
Are fillers harmful in the long run?


@Krispy Humm correct me if im wrong, i read that nara will also require you to do a blood test before surgery at the hospital right? Are you from Sg? You did the checkup from your hometown before heading for surgery??


@vanet_00 Same I asked him about both rhinoplasty and fillers and this is what he reply me regarding the fillers.
"Dear Miss

Yes, I do. This is the new injection technique. I use polyamide gel which FDA approved. The filler I use is safe and lasts for 2 yrs. Not much pain and no downtime.
Take only 10 min. The cost is 10,000 THB"

SG cheapest I know is $850 excluding gst and last only about 4-6months...

verlincious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2011

Postby verlincious » Tue, 08 May 2012 4:09 pm

realli want to do liposuction, but seriously i have no idea which doc will be good.
need someone to give me advice on the doctors they have do their lipo with.

please help!

User avatar
krispy
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue, 02 Mar 2010

Postby krispy » Sat, 12 May 2012 4:36 pm

laalaalaaa wrote:
vanet_00 wrote:
I just spoke to Dr Prinya.
I asked him about rhinoplasty n alarplasty.
He did also recommend me on doing fillers for alar. He says it lasts 2 yrs min. Quick, easy, n not so painful.. definitely no downtime.
Theres a huge debate on permanent vs fillers..
So whats your take?
Are fillers harmful in the long run?


@Krispy Humm correct me if im wrong, i read that nara will also require you to do a blood test before surgery at the hospital right? Are you from Sg? You did the checkup from your hometown before heading for surgery??


@vanet_00 Same I asked him about both rhinoplasty and fillers and this is what he reply me regarding the fillers.
"Dear Miss

Yes, I do. This is the new injection technique. I use polyamide gel which FDA approved. The filler I use is safe and lasts for 2 yrs. Not much pain and no downtime.
Take only 10 min. The cost is 10,000 THB"

SG cheapest I know is $850 excluding gst and last only about 4-6months...


Hi, am not from Singapore. I do checkup regardless if am having surgery or not whenever I travel. Surgery at Dr Nara clinic did not require me to do blood test, I don't know if he does it at the hospital. Whatever I know is just based on my experience. I just recommend anybody who goes to another country to get tested.

Dr Prinya doing fillers for 10,000 THB is really cheap. I think if a person is unsure of getting their nose done should try fillers first. My biggest fear of getting my nose done is having it turn out worst than it is. If its bad you have to get it fixed. and that means altering your nose again and again until your satisfy. When it comes to your face, choose a doctor who specialize in face surgery.

Dr Prinya emailed me back so I will talk with him in person and see where that goes. Am hoping I can see his work before I decide if I should let him operate on me or not. Am really curious as to before and after pictures of nose fillers that he have done.

sueling6
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue, 17 Jul 2012

Postby sueling6 » Tue, 17 Jul 2012 2:29 pm

hi krispy,

did u make appointment for consultation with dr nara first? how long do i have to wait after consultation for the procedure.i see that he has alot of patients. im thinking to do a eyebag removal surgery.have u done that b4?

darlinxue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu, 08 Mar 2012

:)

Postby darlinxue » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 3:14 pm

planning to go to dr prinya for liposuction, krispy would you update me and share your experience with him. thanks! xiao_xues@hotmail.com :wink:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest