Singapore Expats Forum

Address changed after PR e-Appointment

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tristanmin
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 22 Nov 2010

Address changed after PR e-Appointment

Postby tristanmin » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 3:21 pm

Hi,

I did make PR e-Appointment (haven't submit the PR application yet) a couple months ago and now I moved to another place in Singapore. I've updated my address via EP online but my question is do I still need to inform ICA?

Thanks in advance,

eamkay
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby eamkay » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 8:24 pm

Ya, Why not just drop them an e-mail?
ICA_PR@ica.gov.sg

eamkay
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby eamkay » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 8:26 pm

I changed my address too, & updated with MOM.
But i did not inform ICA, later online i came to know that my PR was rejected & i never received letter, assuming it must have gone to my old address...

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:17 pm

Safest thing to do would be to go to a post office and set up mail redirection for a few months. That way you're covered wherever they address the letter to.
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:33 pm

Actually, the safest way is to go to ICA and update. I don't trust ANY postal sevice, especially when it come to redirected mail!

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually, the safest way is to go to ICA and update. I don't trust ANY postal sevice, especially when it come to redirected mail!


I agree. Address update via EP Online is only for MOM's records. You better update with ICA directly as well.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:07 pm

the lynx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually, the safest way is to go to ICA and update. I don't trust ANY postal sevice, especially when it come to redirected mail!


I agree. Address update via EP Online is only for MOM's records. You better update with ICA directly as well.


I asked an immigration official once about updating my address due to an EP renewal. He told me, they'll also get the updated address once it's updated with MOM.

#pinchofsalt

:???:

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:24 pm

nakatago wrote:
the lynx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually, the safest way is to go to ICA and update. I don't trust ANY postal sevice, especially when it come to redirected mail!


I agree. Address update via EP Online is only for MOM's records. You better update with ICA directly as well.


I asked an immigration official once about updating my address due to an EP renewal. He told me, they'll also get the updated address once it's updated with MOM.

#pinchofsalt

:???:


Yes. IRAS, MOM, ICA, NS, etc are all supposed to share records.

...but just to be safe, better update to related government agencies even if it means doing that twice!

tristanmin
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 22 Nov 2010

Postby tristanmin » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks all. Just sent email to ICA_PR@ica.gov.sg

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Address changed after PR e-Appointment

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:24 pm

tristanmin wrote:Hi,

I did make PR e-Appointment (haven't submit the PR application yet) a couple months ago and now I moved to another place in Singapore. I've updated my address via EP online but my question is do I still need to inform ICA?

Thanks in advance,


if you update ur address at MOM, ICA is aware of the change automatically. Between, you are saying "haven't submit the PR application yet". So what is the problem then?

Submit your PR application with the new address change..

tristanmin
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 22 Nov 2010

Postby tristanmin » Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:02 am

Just got reply from ICA and I can update my new address on the day of PR application submission.

Thanks again!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest