Singapore Expats Forum

Skateboard Bunch

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Skateboard Bunch

Postby Echolo » Sat, 21 Apr 2012 2:36 pm

Any 20-30 yr old skateboarders there?

Just moved from the UK and wanna find a bunch to skate with, swap music, hang out with some beers, the rest, y'know.

Went to Sentosa yesterday, the pavements and roads look amazingly smooth for skating, a hell of a lot better than the UK!

Does anyone know what the rules are in SG?

Postby leadbelly » Sat, 05 May 2012 3:24 am

The laws are pretty strict on places to skateboard the last time I checked (I used to when I was young). I clearly remember being chased by the cops before.

There are quite a few skateparks though -- Jurong, Bukit Batok, Somerset, Bedok, East Coast Park, Queenstown, and the list goes on.

Postby EzEric » Sat, 09 Jun 2012 11:21 am

Last edited by EzEric on Fri, 07 Apr 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby paddyfraine » Sat, 08 Feb 2014 2:04 pm

Do you guys still go out? I'm pretty shit but gonna start going all the time so will hopefully get better soon! I went to Somerset a couple of times but now it's closed. I went to check out Bishan which was pretty good for me (although quite far away).
Just looking for some people to skate with so im not on my billy!
Moved from UK recently. Work long hours and Saturdays but want to make the most of my free time. Really enjoy sports, love trying new stuff.

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”