Singapore Expats Forum

PR application fees

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ben8118
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed, 16 Feb 2011

PR application fees

Postby ben8118 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 8:30 pm

Hi guys,

For PR application, do we need to pay a fee? In the ICA website it stated:

Entry permit : S$100
Re-Entry Permit : S$10 per year
Visa Fee : $30 per issue (for foreigners requiring a visa)

Does PR application falls under visa fee?


Thanks

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR application fees

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:15 pm

ben8118 wrote:Hi guys,

For PR application, do we need to pay a fee? In the ICA website it stated:

Entry permit : S$100
Re-Entry Permit : S$10 per year
Visa Fee : $30 per issue (for foreigners requiring a visa)

Does PR application falls under visa fee?


Thanks


For submitting a PR application, there is no processing fees.

All the fees that you have quoted above are after the PR is approved.

Entry permit : S$100 - One Time Fee
Re-Entry Permit : S$10 per year - Payable each time on renewal of your REP(PR renewal- To keep it simple). Usually you would get a 5 year renewal. So 50 SGD.
Visa Fee : $30 per issue (for foreigners requiring a visa) - Only if you visit SG using a SVP for collecting your PR.

ben8118
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed, 16 Feb 2011

Postby ben8118 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:46 pm

Hi Singaporeflyer,

Thank you for the info. Some further questions.

a) I will be applying for my own and will not include in my spouse. Under the explanatory notes to form 4A and Annex A "Documents to be produced", do I still need to show my spouse educational certificates, transcripts, birth certificate and identity card?

b) Also, under "documents to be produced", it was stated "valid travel documents of all applicants. Photocopies of passport pages showing their personal particulars, official descriptions and Singapore immigration endorsements are required" As for myself, there's nothing written on my passport except my P1 employment pass card. So I assume that is sufficient together with my front page passport info.

c) For education certs, do we need to supply primary and secondary school e.g. UPSR, PMR and SPM for Malaysian applicants. Or, tertiary education e.g. Bachelors, Masters and PhD is sufficient.

Thanks.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:50 pm

You wouldn't want to include your spouse? Why? Do you know that if ICA knows that you have a spouse but you're not including him/her, it will put you in disadvantage when they review your application?

My advice, put your spouse in so that you can convince ICA that you really have the intention to be PERMANENT RESIDENT.

ben8118
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed, 16 Feb 2011

Postby ben8118 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:58 pm

Well, spouse is under employment pass as well and will apply separately. I have the same thought as you but alot of my friends obtained their PR even they apply separately.

No big dramas unless your spouse is under dependent pass and is not included in the application

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:16 pm

ben8118 wrote:Well, spouse is under employment pass as well and will apply separately. I have the same thought as you but alot of my friends obtained their PR even they apply separately.

No big dramas unless your spouse is under dependent pass and is not included in the application


If one is given PR and the other is Rejected, Still no big drama, right? :lol:

ben8118
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed, 16 Feb 2011

Postby ben8118 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:26 pm

Well, I will leave it to God then whether the PR is approve or not. We can't do much. Not me and not even yourself.

I thought this forum is supposed to be helpful if there's any questions arises. Seems otherwise. By the way, thanks again for your advice but in the end of the day, it's the applicant that makes his/her own decision and have to bear with whatever outcome it is. So, thanks again and no worries at all for me.

I've seen you guys giving advice on people to apply after 2 to 3 years. It's not wrong but in my personal opinion, just go ahead and apply even though it's 1 year or less, but at least meet the minimum 6 months period. Just had a talk to a friend last week. Single chap applied PR back in March 2011 and granted early this year. Application lodge after 1 year working in Singapore. Oh yah, by the way he is Malaysian chinese :)

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:44 pm

ben8118 wrote:Well, I will leave it to God then whether the PR is approve or not. We can't do much. Not me and not even yourself.

I thought this forum is supposed to be helpful if there's any questions arises. Seems otherwise. By the way, thanks again for your advice but in the end of the day, it's the applicant that makes his/her own decision and have to bear with whatever outcome it is. So, thanks again and no worries at all for me.

I've seen you guys giving advice on people to apply after 2 to 3 years. It's not wrong but in my personal opinion, just go ahead and apply even though it's 1 year or less, but at least meet the minimum 6 months period. Just had a talk to a friend last week. Single chap applied PR back in March 2011 and granted early this year. Application lodge after 1 year working in Singapore. Oh yah, by the way he is Malaysian chinese :)


We give advice based on experience, observation and anecdotes that serve as feedback, even if that means hearing something you don't want to hear.

Don't like it? Tough luck. We advice, not pander.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:48 pm

OK looping from what OP asks, can a married couple (both holding own work passes) apply separately under PTS? I mean, of course they can if they want to but what are the chances?

The reason I am asking is because under Applicant's Spouse section, there is a box to be ticked for "Applying PR with you? Y/N'. So which should it be then (since technically the spouse is ALSO applying but as separate application)?

To OP, yes it is your own opinion but when the list of documents required asks for 3 income tax statements, how else can you fulfill that unless you have been contributing to the tax for 3 years? (hence the 3-year advice)

Sure one can apply in less than 3 years (as long as it is more than 6 months), but we are just saying that the chances to convince ICA is better if one really follow by the instructions. Whether it is approved or not despite not fulfilling the stated requirements, is another matter which none of us can tell or control; only ICA alone.

And being Malaysian Chinese? That's ICA's flavour at the moment, so they can circumvent the rules to accommodate what they want. That is in their control, not ours. If you happen to be Malaysian Chinese, I think you may stand a better chance.

Nevertheless, wish you all the best in your application and do keep us updated on the process and the outcome for the forum's benefit.

ben8118
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed, 16 Feb 2011

Postby ben8118 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:59 pm

nakatago: I made my statement based on data, real situation and observation, not from the sky. In fact, I like what you guys are currently doing. Sort of like throwing cold water to fellow forum-ers. Don't like it? To be honest, I don't mind at all. Mouth and hand is yours..you can say anything you like. It does not concern me at all :)

lynx: Thanks. Applying for PR is just a small matter. I've even see people renouncing PR, then re-apply after few years later, got it and renouncing it again. Fun rite?

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:28 am

ben8118 wrote:nakatago: I made my statement based on data, real situation and observation, not from the sky. In fact, I like what you guys are currently doing. Sort of like throwing cold water to fellow forum-ers. Don't like it? To be honest, I don't mind at all. Mouth and hand is yours..you can say anything you like. It does not concern me at all :)

lynx: Thanks. Applying for PR is just a small matter. I've even see people renouncing PR, then re-apply after few years later, got it and renouncing it again. Fun rite?



With such insight into PR applications, and seeing so many things the collective forum which specializes this doesn't see, I'm really curious why you're asking such a basic question about fees. Couldn't one of these many people you see have easily answered this for you?

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 1:49 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If one is given PR and the other is Rejected, Still no big drama, right? :lol:


Yah no big drama, because in final stages of PR approval from Australia and UK also. One reject we go other. Ideally though we can be PR of all three, simple really yah?

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 9:09 am

the lynx wrote:You wouldn't want to include your spouse? Why? Do you know that if ICA knows that you have a spouse but you're not including him/her, it will put you in disadvantage when they review your application?

My advice, put your spouse in so that you can convince ICA that you really have the intention to be PERMANENT RESIDENT.


Quite simple why the OP wants to do this. Wife stays on EP so can apply DP for children, especially boys.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:11 am

In fact, we had a post here recently about just that. It seems that the ICA sent the applicant a letter requesting a statement about why his wife his sons were not included in the application. ICA is not stupid.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ben8118
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed, 16 Feb 2011

Postby ben8118 » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:25 pm

zzm9980: Actually I oversee the fees portion and did not manage to ask my friend. Anyway, I like the way you ask. You're curious. Haha. As I mentioned early, this forum is suppose to clear people's doubt, not throwing cold water at people.

Actually I've seen alot of post by forum-ers asking about PR thingy e.g. they are indians applying, waiting for so long etc, applying together or separately and so on..

Seems that they couldn't get much info from here. That's my personal opinion. No hard feelings. When someone ask about A, just answer based on A, not deviate out of the question. I pity those desperate fella's looking for answers to clear their doubts but in return got shoot down by you guys. Good luck to you zzm9980. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests