Singapore Expats Forum

New in town, looking to make some new friends

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
VickyJ

New in town, looking to make some new friends

Postby VickyJ » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 6:12 pm

Hi, I'm a 50 (something) female, although please don't let my age put you off - I look, dress & act much younger! I just arrived from Shanghai (I'm British) 2 weeks ago with my husband who works all day, and I'm starting to feel kinda lonely, as I am missing my friends back in Shanghai...my best friend there was a 32 year old Chinese girl and we had so much FUN together.

I'm looking to make some female friends who I can hang out with during the day whilst our husbands are at work. I love going to the gym (although, never with my Chinese friend....she just hated any form of exercise lol), clothes shopping, lunching out, and at the weekend love to go to Bars (with my husband) with live music - preferably Filipino Bands, as we left a lot of Filipino friends back in Shanghai!

freefish

i want to make friends with you

Postby freefish » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 7:22 pm

I am newbie here and have little friends. I am female and at my late 30's, from beijing of China. I am alone here so I am free the whole weekend, if you also want to make friends with me, drop me a mail: petdaniu@gmail.com. Thanks.

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 9:32 pm

Vicky

There is a Association called The British Association of Singapore and you can google them.
There is also a facebook called Singapore Expat Coffee Mornings and again you can ask to be invited to their Coffee mornings which is every Wednesday at 10 am.

Btw, Welcome to Singapore
Zeenit

VickyJ

Postby VickyJ » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:12 am

Thanks Zeenit, I've now joined the Expat Coffee Morning on FB, and plan to go along to their next coffee morning next Wednesday, so hopefully I will be soon no more "Billy No Mates" here in Singapore :D lol

andysie

Re: New in town, looking to make some new friends

Postby andysie » Tue, 24 Apr 2012 3:54 pm

Hi Vicky J

Would like to spend time with you when you are in SG.

email me at andysie4455@gmail.com

Hear from you soon

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Isya J

Postby Isya J » Mon, 30 Apr 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Vicky

Yes, age doesnt matter at all to be friends! =)

I am Isya. A 27/f local who is working in a legal industry. I am malay but with mixed ethnicity in the family. I look alot more chinese than malay!

Do drop me an email at asha5584@yahoo.com.sg and we can connect! and u wont feel lonely anymore... =)

Janice_C

Postby Janice_C » Fri, 11 May 2012 1:57 pm

Hi Vicky,seen your post,I just joined the 50 club! Would love to meet for lunch. Im from uk and moved here last year. I cant pm as I havent got enough posts...text if you want to meet up.92714943.

Tamaki

Postby Tamaki » Tue, 15 May 2012 10:46 am

Hello, Vicky.
I'm Tamaki, 32 y/o Japanese female who just moved into Singapore a month ago. Before I came here, I lived in England for some years for my study and work.
As the nature of my work, I work in shifts and have day-off on weekdays. So I'm looking for new friends to go out with during the daytime.
If you fancey a coffee/lunch/shopping etc., please do contact me.
betty-london@hotmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Tamaki

pankajvij

Postby pankajvij » Fri, 13 Mar 2015 11:17 am

cherylxueer

Postby cherylxueer » Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:38 am

Ladies...I would love to join! My email add is cherylxueer@hotmail.com.