Singapore Expats Forum

Mmmm...Sugary

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Cam

Mmmm...Sugary

Postby Cam » Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:06 pm

Does anyone have an insight into why most drinks here are sooo sweet?

I end up sticking with 100+ or bubble fruit juice.

Jus curious.

bobdoom
Regular
Regular

Postby bobdoom » Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:13 pm

well... not really.... drinks here aren't that sweet.... something must be wrong wif ur tastebuds dude

Drinker

Postby Drinker » Mon, 06 Dec 2004 1:48 am

Don't you find 100+ has too much sodium in it if your tastebud so ultra sensitive? Actually, all bottled drinks are the same to me, they adhere to the same standard, the commercial standard. I prefer to drink plain water and I recommend the same to you if health is the same reason why you complain.

jpatokal

Re: .....

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:34 pm

bobdoom wrote:well... not really.... drinks here aren't that sweet.... something must be wrong wif ur tastebuds dude

Err, ever travel outside South-East Asia? I hate Singaporean canned teas and herbal drinks in particular, they all taste like syrup. Doing this to Japanese green tea in particular is an atrocity :evil:

bobdoom
Regular
Regular

Postby bobdoom » Thu, 09 Dec 2004 4:03 am

jpatokal wrote:
bobdoom wrote:well... not really.... drinks here aren't that sweet.... something must be wrong wif ur tastebuds dude

Err, ever travel outside South-East Asia? I hate Singaporean canned teas and herbal drinks in particular, they all taste like syrup. Doing this to Japanese green tea in particular is an atrocity :evil:

well... our red bull drinks are way less sweeter den other countries.... have you tried drinking red bull from thailand...? it freaking taste like pure sugar... although i love to drink,.....haha cos im a sugarholic.. well yeo's green tea is sweet but its not jap...they just use the term... there's another brand called heaven and earth which does jap green tea... there no sugar and its not sweet...
singapore does does alot of quality control for our packaged food and drinks...
but i do agree certain canned drinks are really sweet.. like jiajia herbal drink and pepsi which totally taste like uncarbonated sugar cola...
well maybe different pple has different tolerant level for sugared drinks...

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Thu, 09 Dec 2004 8:23 am

The problem I have is that most carbonated drinks do not come in a Diet/Lite option - apart from Coke and Pepsi. No Diet Sprite, for instance.

It's actually worked out well for me as I just drink water instead. :)

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sat, 11 Dec 2004 1:59 pm

bobdoom wrote:well... our red bull drinks are way less sweeter den other countries.... have you tried drinking red bull from thailand...? it freaking taste like pure sugar...

Actually Singaporean Bull is still much sweeter than the European variety... although this may be partly an illusion due to the lack of carbonation. I agree that Thais are even more crazy about sugar than Singaporeans though... :shock:

bobdoom
Regular
Regular

Postby bobdoom » Sat, 11 Dec 2004 3:54 pm

jpatokal wrote:
bobdoom wrote:well... our red bull drinks are way less sweeter den other countries.... have you tried drinking red bull from thailand...? it freaking taste like pure sugar...

Actually Singaporean Bull is still much sweeter than the European variety... although this may be partly an illusion due to the lack of carbonation. I agree that Thais are even more crazy about sugar than Singaporeans though... :shock:

i remember i drank two bottles of their version of red bull..."not red bull have some funny thai words"... and while i was walking down patong beach alone at phuket... viewing the sunset and scenery.... a dog chased me...... after 20 mins or two.... another one started chasing me and barking...there's so many people there... but it only chases me...... man i was wondering what do they put in their red bull.. or maybe i do look like a cat....

forcez5

Postby forcez5 » Mon, 13 Dec 2004 5:35 pm

maybe you really look like a cat man...........if not why?????? hahahhaa....just joking... :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”