Singapore Expats

Maid's room = bomb shelter, is this normal in Singapore?

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:17 am

ecureilx wrote:
nutnut wrote:
ecureilx wrote: If I recall, the metal blank on the vent is on runners, so it can be pushed or pulled out - so NOT AIR-TIGHT unless somebody shut it ..

Got it ?? ;) ;)
Stop being such a tool!
funny .. you say that, since I believe you and x9200 don't live in HDB .. unlike me, so I don't think you guys have seen many bomb shelters.

Frankly ecureilx, I had some modest doubts about the logic of arguments you followed but I guess this one beats them all down to the ground. How living in HDB makes you an expert in bomb shelters and supports your claim something can not be airtight as long as it can be opened? :)

SMS - thanks for the vote of confidence in me .. :) Atleast takes one to understand one.

And x9200: for the radar, I am not a big expert, maybe you are right .. or

Noted, but I guess you confused me with someone else in this thread.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:59 am

I went off track and lost my line of thought ... and apologies to SMS and nutnut. And so too to x9200 :)

Since we have all agreed that the Bomb-shelter is not a place to live for maids, well, let's move on .. :) :)

PS: x9200: the post was s'posed to be directed to zzm9980 :) got myself into a twist .. as usual.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:09 am

ecureilx wrote:I went off track and lost my line of thought ... and apologies to SMS and nutnut. And so too to x9200 :)

Since we have all agreed that the Bomb-shelter is not a place to live for maids, well, let's move on .. :) :)

PS: x9200: the post was s'posed to be directed to zzm9980 :) got myself into a twist .. as usual.
Apologies accepted, we'll move on! you coming on Friday? We can have a beer over it :)

My maid chooses to sleep in the bomb shelter, I offered her a room, she chose to have it.
nutnut

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:21 am

No need to be apologetic but you are kind of ... ehem... chaotic, machine gun shutting with your arguments at random directions what sometimes can make a discussion difficult. Anyway, hope you can come over for the gathering even if they may not have fried carrot cakes over there.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:25 am

:lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:31 am

nutnut: well, yeah, a beer wouldn't hurt, before my home ministry starts reminding me how big the beer mug is :)

x9200: Carrot cake ? I will am good with Green Curry !!

Well, time to replenish my coffee I guess ..

Proctic

Keeping a mate like dog?!

Post by Proctic » Mon, 06 Aug 2012 11:05 am

OMG... I'm quite shocked! How can you put a mate into a room without window, fan, aircon or a door she can actually close :shock: ?! Without being able to provide a proper room to a mate, I would really reconsider to actually hire one...

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Mon, 06 Aug 2012 2:43 pm

Most people wouldn't do that to a mate, only to their maid.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Aug 2012 3:19 pm

*snicker*
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Mon, 06 Aug 2012 5:00 pm

teehee, I thought the same....
nutnut

ahumanbeing

Re: Maid's room = bomb shelter, is this normal in Singapore?

Post by ahumanbeing » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 9:36 am

What's with the comment on Asians who treat maids as slaves. You mean you really know of such an Asian and yet the best you can do for the "poor slave" is to write a few lines on this forum instead of calling the police? No Action Talk Only (NATO)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 9:48 am

ahumanbeing wrote:What's with the comment on Asians who treat maids as slaves. You mean you really know of such an Asian and yet the best you can do for the "poor slave" is to write a few lines on this forum instead of calling the police? No Action Talk Only (NATO)
You obviously know nothing of the very limited avenues available in Singapore to report and deal with maid abuse.

And yes, it is Asians that treat their maids like shit. Even the blue collar workers treat the maids like shit. Example: I move into a semi-D. Maid's room has no aircon (no, not a bomb shelter, either). I hire an aircon guy to install... he asks me, "What are you doing this for? She's the maid." When I explain that I think my maid should live like I do in my house he looks at me like I am crazy.

And how about my next door neighbor who screamed and yelled at his maid, making her cower, on almost a daily basis? I reported him everywhere I could think of. I talked to the maid and referred her to support groups. I talked to the guys wife. You know what difference it made? Zero.

Educate yourself before condemning others.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 10:29 am

ahumanbeing wrote:What's with the comment on Asians who treat maids as slaves. You mean you really know of such an Asian and yet the best you can do for the "poor slave" is to write a few lines on this forum instead of calling the police? No Action Talk Only (NATO)
10:1 you're an asian prick.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 10:55 am

PNGMK wrote:
10:1 you're an asian prick.
That's probably not going to go very far in reconciling differences. :cool: :lol: :mrgreen:

ahumanbeing

Post by ahumanbeing » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:00 am

Ok you win .... you are the best and you know all ... good for you .... it's obvious you are so blinded with rage at something that you did not read my post properly. Unsmear your eyes before you sound like a raging hopping Rumplestiltkin. Have a good day.