Singapore Expats Forum

Any recommendations for happenin' nightlife in KL??

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo

Any recommendations for happenin' nightlife in KL??

Postby Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo » Sun, 05 Dec 2004 6:41 pm

Hey peeps... :D

Just wanna know if there's any kind soul out there with any recommendations for funky, groovy happenin' nightlife in KL?? Gonna be in KL from Wed till Sun... a bunch of spunky groovy girls painting the town red... whereabouts that're infused with life and soul and party all nite long?? (Nothing sleazy please!)

Anticipating great responses! :D

Just Me,
~Lolla_lee_loo~

*Been to Bangsar, that's superb, Modestos still groovin' with life?? What about the Beach Club Cafe??*
Know the self to be sitting in the chariot, the body to be the chariot, the intellect the charioteer, and the mind the reins...

~ Veda Upanishads~

wageslave

Postby wageslave » Sun, 05 Dec 2004 8:17 pm

i used to live and party in KL before moving to sg 3 months ago.Your choices are:

KL Zouk (jalan ampang) - same as SG zouk. heard paul van dyk is guest next weekend
Beach Club (near shangri la) - retro music (sort of open air concept), number of expats hang out there
Thai Club (opposite beach club) - similar, with pool tables upstairs
Nouvo (next to thai club) - R&B
Esplanda (next to beach club) - house music
Atmosphere (next to esplanda) - house/trance
-as you can see, lots of clubs in the area

rush (eastin hotel) - some R&B music
westin hotel bar - latino music
passion (near beach club) - nice bar, limited dance floor
bar savanh (next to sheraton hotel) - nice bar
also heard a new bar opened at KL hilton - most happending bar now

bangsar is similar to mohd sultan bars - lots of small bars and is unchanged over the years

Your best bet is to hang around beach club area - if somehow the variety there is boring, can always move to zouk which is nearby

Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo

Postby Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo » Mon, 06 Dec 2004 9:32 am

Hey Wage,

Thanx a bunch! :D Yeah, seen beach club b4... so I think I'll give it a try again... :) Btw, what's the crowd like in some of the clubs stated?? Oh ya, any cover charge for some of them?

Modestos still good for dining? Went to the one in Bangsar several times b4, dunno if it's still as good now...

Thanx a bunch again! ;)

Just Me,
~Lolla_lee_loo
Know the self to be sitting in the chariot, the body to be the chariot, the intellect the charioteer, and the mind the reins...

~ Veda Upanishads~